+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reapply with spouse as the principal applicant

jamesbondktm

Jun 27, 2010
We are applying for the migration with my wife as the principal applicant. However I (not the principal applicant) had applied for migration 9 years back before the marriage but was rejected. I only know the file number and just remember that the consultant told me the reason for rejection was that I was not having sufficient points as the points system got changed after me applying. I did not follow it up again. Saying that below are my questions.

1. When we apply now with my wife as the principal applicant should we both tick the "previously applied for canadian immigrant refugee" in the background declaration form ?

2. Or can we just ignore this and do not mention that I previously applied.

3. Is there any way to track the complete reason for the file rejection previously (year 2001) with only the file number in hand. The consultant through which I applied also does not have any copies of the rejection letter.

luluyu

Star Member
Nov 25, 2009
I think you'd better tell them about it. Your record of the previous application must have been kept somewhere in the CIC.

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
No, do not lie just tell the truth. Nothing wrong with rejection and reapplying again hundreds reapply. Do not lie .

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
What were the grounds of the first rejection? If it was because of a criminal record it may affect your spouse's application as well.

If the rejection was due to not having enough money, work experience, qualifications, etc. then you should definitely report it and it shouldn't affect your spouse's application since she will be considered the primary provider for the family.