+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ready for Visa. Whether I need to submit my passport or not?

jimmylee

Oct 7, 2021
hi guys,

i've just received the RFV email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. BUT according to it, I'm not sure if I need to submit my passport.
This is the email:
---------------------------------------------------------email begin-----------------
Dear xxx,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Hong Kong office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.​
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.​

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

1. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
  • You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
  • You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

1. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).

*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you.
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package while overseas:

If you reside in the...
If you reside in...
If you reside in...
Note: If you reside in a country that is not listed above, please contact our Hong Kong office via the IRCC Web Form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp for further submission instructions.

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity...
Important notice:
Getting ready for your trip

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

---------------------------------------email end----------------------------------------

According to the email above. I am matching with both the red colored terms and the blue colored terms, which seems contradicting against each other, shown above.

So comes the confusion:
1. should I submit my passport (along with the other documents)?
2. if 1 yes, where should I submit? I cannot find a submission address for inland residents from the email.
3. or I don't need to submit my passport. I just need to webform IRCC telling them I am living in Canada. And wait for reply.

Anyone who could help me for this?
Many thanks!

frankfz

Star Member
Jun 6, 2021
Not sure why you think those points are contradictory. It clearly states if you are in Canada you do not need to submit passport, but if are outside Canada then you do, provided that you need a visa to travel.

Reactions: jimmylee

jimmylee

Oct 7, 2021
Not sure why you think those points are contradictory. It clearly states if you are in Canada you do not need to submit passport, but if are outside Canada then you do, provided that you need a visa to travel.
Thank you for your answer frankfz! I am in Canada.

Reactions: frankfz

jimmylee

Oct 7, 2021
hi guys,

i've just received the RFV email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. BUT according to it, I'm not sure if I need to submit my passport.
This is the email:
---------------------------------------------------------email begin-----------------
Dear xxx,

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Hong Kong office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
  • Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
  • Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
  • Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
  • Change in health;
  • You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
  • Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.​
Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.​

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

1. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
  • You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
  • You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

1. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).

*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you.
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package while overseas:

If you reside in the...
If you reside in...
If you reside in...
Note: If you reside in a country that is not listed above, please contact our Hong Kong office via the IRCC Web Form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp for further submission instructions.

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity...
Important notice:
Getting ready for your trip

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

---------------------------------------email end----------------------------------------

According to the email above. I am matching with both the red colored terms and the blue colored terms, which seems contradicting against each other, shown above.

So comes the confusion:
1. should I submit my passport (along with the other documents)?
2. if 1 yes, where should I submit? I cannot find a submission address for inland residents from the email.
3. or I don't need to submit my passport. I just need to webform IRCC telling them I am living in Canada. And wait for reply.

Anyone who could help me for this?
Many thanks!
hi guys,

I have ONE MORE QUESTION.

if I do not need to submit passport as I am in Canada, should I submit other documents (copy of RFV letter, photos, height, eye color) listed above? If yes, where should I submit? I cannot find a submission address for inland residents from the email.

thanks!

Reactions: Kent Raphael

jimmylee

Oct 7, 2021
hi frankfz, I have ONE MORE QUESTION. i'am not sure if I must submit other documents (copy of RFV letter, photos, height, eye color) listed above. If yes, where should I submit? I cannot find a mail address for inland residents from the email.

many thanks!

frankfz

Star Member
Jun 6, 2021
hi frankfz, I have ONE MORE QUESTION. i'am not sure if I must submit other documents (copy of RFV letter, photos, height, eye color) listed above. If yes, where should I submit? I cannot find a mail address for inland residents from the email.

many thanks!
The letter you received says you should send a web form to them within 5 days to inform them you are in Canada.

Reactions: jimmylee

MatthewJ

Dec 22, 2021
Hi @jimmylee
I am wondering if you managed to solve your question above?
I am in the same situation and the email states we should send original photos but doesn’t give an address.
We sent the webform within the 5 days but didn’t get an answer to where to send the documents.
Did you hear anything back from them to submit your original photos?
Thanks

jimmylee

Oct 7, 2021
Hi @jimmylee
I am wondering if you managed to solve your question above?
I am in the same situation and the email states we should send original photos but doesn’t give an address.
We sent the webform within the 5 days but didn’t get an answer to where to send the documents.
Did you hear anything back from them to submit your original photos?
Thanks
hi @MatthewJ ,

I've gotten eCoPR 2 weeks ago.

if you are in Canada, you don't need to do anything BUT just send a webform to tell them you are in Canada. And they will reach back to you in some working days (4 working days in my case) and give you further instructions.

MatthewJ

Dec 22, 2021
hi @MatthewJ ,

I've gotten eCoPR 2 weeks ago.

if you are in Canada, you don't need to do anything BUT just send a webform to tell them you are in Canada. And they will reach back to you in some working days (4 working days in my case) and give you further instructions.
thanks for your help.
Best of luck with your move.

Jun 15, 2021
Hi Matthew, I'm in a similar situation.. I'm in Canada and received the same email. I should submit the webform just to update my contact details right?

MatthewJ

Dec 22, 2021
Hi Matthew, I'm in a similar situation.. I'm in Canada and received the same email. I should submit the webform just to update my contact details right?
Hi Christabel,
That’s right, submit the webform and that worked for me, it’s just that they are not too good at getting back and letting you know they received the notification.
My advice would be to submit the webform, they might be better now and get back to you quicker than they did me, but if you don’t hear back in a week, call IRCC and they will be able to confirm if they received your notification just to give you peace of mind.