+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re: FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

ak0005

Sep 20, 2013
Hi ppl,

I have 2 lines of update since long,

They said they received my application on 21st june and

second line was they have start processing file on 15dec 2014,

i am still waiting for 3rd line can anybody tell me why i haven't got any response yet, is that because i have shown them abroad experance and education due to that they are talking too much time or anything else,

Let me know please, thanks

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
BetterLife said:

Finally landed in Canada (Toronto, Pearson airport) on 18th may 12:00 PM.

Congrats & thanks for your informative post!

bass2009

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
India - Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Nomination.....
11-11-2014
AOR Received.
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
3-3-2015
Med's Request
17-3-2015
Med's Done....
30-3-2015 3rd line update 10-4-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015 DM and FLU on 26-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
ak0005 said:
Hi ppl,

i am still waiting for 3rd line can anybody tell me why i haven't got any response yet, is that because i have shown them abroad experance and education due to that they are talking too much time or anything else,

Dear ak0005
please do raise GCMS and check the current status
Hope everything would be fine...

bass2009

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
India - Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Nomination.....
11-11-2014
AOR Received.
16-12-2014
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
3-3-2015
Med's Request
17-3-2015
Med's Done....
30-3-2015 3rd line update 10-4-2015
Passport Req..
22-05-2015 DM and FLU on 26-5-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Background & Security Checks

Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks.
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

:) Bass2009

migrant94

Nov 4, 2014
bass2009 said:
Background & Security Checks

Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks.
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

:) Bass2009
Thank you for sharing
i'd be grateful if you could provide the link or source of your information

Giftsmas

Sep 14, 2014
Casablanca
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat Morocco
NOC Code......
NOC 0121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/09/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
09.04.2015, TLU and DM on May 27th 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hopefully buy a flight ticket soon!
ak0005 said:
Hi ppl,

Me too I did medicals on April 10th and no third line yet. I have no clue!

2leezhere

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to WVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2015
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM 10-05-2015
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
bass2009 said:
Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".[/i][/size]
Thanks for the detailed explanation of the procedure bass2009!
There are many on the forum who have got the DM first and are waiting for PPR too. Is this normal..or is it because of their respective VO's working style. Would appreciate a reply.

Note: Im referring to applicants who are transferred from NDVO to WVO/CVO

v2014

Dec 24, 2014
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 26/3/2015
Finally received an email from my VO, THey are asking for so many things including police certificate and RPRF and IMM 5669, updated cv, work experience letter although i sent it before with the application, my work contract..

Is this normal or should i be worried?

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
BetterLife said:

Procedure seems pretty straight forward.

1) Once you landed, you will proceed directly to the Immigration Center. They will check your Passport and Landing documents (COPR).

2) From there you will be forwarded to the newcomer section, where they will note down everything. It will take about 10-15 minutes. And also they will keep Copy of COPR (With Photo) and second copy will be attached to your passport for future reference. please keep this copy with you all the time as it will require for every single items.i.e SIN, Opening Bank account, Library card etc..I landed on Monday and it was holiday so i couldn't get SIN. Otherwise you will get your SIN only at airport. Also, officer will ask for the address where you are intended to stay. This is require for PR card.

3) Collect your luggage and at last they will ask you for any items to be followed. They didn't ask for B4 or any copy of that. But i have declared that i am carrying more than 10k CAD. So they just filled up one form and asked my son to stamp on it ;) ;) ;)

That's it. And one more point, if you are carrying more luggage, Porter will be there to help you but they will charge you $22 for their service and also have to pay the tip to Porter. I though it was free service and i had to pay $22 + Tip :mad: :mad:

Second Day:

I went to the Service Canada center for applying SIN for all of us. They will ask for passport and Landing documents. Enter the ZIP Code where you are staying and you will get list of nearby Service Canada Center.

On the same day, i opened the bank account with couple of banks. There are few deals going on in TD and RBC bank but understand the terms and condition for proceeding further.

Third Day:

Went to the library and got the library card instantly. Also, got the new SIM Card. I have got Micromax mobile from India and it is compatible with Fido and Chatr and it's working like a charm. I have asked the person and he said Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 will work fine as well. I am not sure about other mobile phones. The plan that i buy is for unlimited talking across Canada, 1GB of Data. And it cost me about $50 per month. More plans listed below.

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/MonthlyPlans?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhPaqBRDG2uiHzpKLi6ABEiQAk_XXibi4bBSKv66LP4kWPQOGiIGK7Meu71cC8sUbZvyhaggaAvSZ8P8HAQ

I am not sue everyone is aware about that but if you have a Child then please register at nearest center. So, you will get $500 Child Tax benefit every month. It will take about 2-3 months but money will be credited directly to your account. But once you get the job, amount will be decrease as well.

More about CCTB:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html#q6

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer at my level best.
Congratulations for your new life in Canada. Could you pls help me understand how you managed to carry 10k+? How about jewellery from India?

deep1985

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
SENT ALREADY
Nomination.....
29-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
01-04-2015 (TL-8th April)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015 (PP submitted at VFS-18/05/15 & PP Collected on 25/05/15)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015 (Canada Day)
BetterLife said:

Procedure seems pretty straight forward.

1) Once you landed, you will proceed directly to the Immigration Center. They will check your Passport and Landing documents (COPR).

2) From there you will be forwarded to the newcomer section, where they will note down everything. It will take about 10-15 minutes. And also they will keep Copy of COPR (With Photo) and second copy will be attached to your passport for future reference. please keep this copy with you all the time as it will require for every single items.i.e SIN, Opening Bank account, Library card etc..I landed on Monday and it was holiday so i couldn't get SIN. Otherwise you will get your SIN only at airport. Also, officer will ask for the address where you are intended to stay. This is require for PR card.

3) Collect your luggage and at last they will ask you for any items to be followed. They didn't ask for B4 or any copy of that. But i have declared that i am carrying more than 10k CAD. So they just filled up one form and asked my son to stamp on it ;) ;) ;)

That's it. And one more point, if you are carrying more luggage, Porter will be there to help you but they will charge you $22 for their service and also have to pay the tip to Porter. I though it was free service and i had to pay $22 + Tip :mad: :mad:

Second Day:

I went to the Service Canada center for applying SIN for all of us. They will ask for passport and Landing documents. Enter the ZIP Code where you are staying and you will get list of nearby Service Canada Center.

On the same day, i opened the bank account with couple of banks. There are few deals going on in TD and RBC bank but understand the terms and condition for proceeding further.

Third Day:

Went to the library and got the library card instantly. Also, got the new SIM Card. I have got Micromax mobile from India and it is compatible with Fido and Chatr and it's working like a charm. I have asked the person and he said Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4 will work fine as well. I am not sure about other mobile phones. The plan that i buy is for unlimited talking across Canada, 1GB of Data. And it cost me about $50 per month. More plans listed below.

http://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/MonthlyPlans?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhPaqBRDG2uiHzpKLi6ABEiQAk_XXibi4bBSKv66LP4kWPQOGiIGK7Meu71cC8sUbZvyhaggaAvSZ8P8HAQ

I am not sue everyone is aware about that but if you have a Child then please register at nearest center. So, you will get $500 Child Tax benefit every month. It will take about 2-3 months but money will be credited directly to your account. But once you get the job, amount will be decrease as well.

More about CCTB:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/fq_qlfyng-eng.html#q6

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer at my level best.
Hi Friend,
First of all many many congrats for safe landing.
Wish you all the best for job hunting.
I just want to know how you carry POF?
Cash, DD or TC?
Answer will be appreciated.
Do they check your cash or DD or TC?
Deep

BetterLife

Nov 15, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
May-2015
CanDoIt said:
Congratulations for your new life in Canada. Could you pls help me understand how you managed to carry 10k+? How about jewellery from India?
Travelers Cheque + Cash

BetterLife

Nov 15, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
May-2015
deep1985 said:
Hi Friend,
First of all many many congrats for safe landing.
Wish you all the best for job hunting.
I just want to know how you carry POF?
Cash, DD or TC?
Answer will be appreciated.
Do they check your cash or DD or TC?
Deep
TC + Cash. They didnt ask for anything but i declared my fund and later the lady filled up one form and stamp on it. They didnt ask anything about jewelry.

deep1985

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
SENT ALREADY
Nomination.....
29-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015 (Canada Day)
BetterLife said:
TC + Cash. They didnt ask for anything but i declared my fund and later the lady filled up one form and stamp on it. They didnt ask anything about jewelry.
Thank you better life.
How much cash ?
I heard that we can't carry more than 3000.
From where did you get TC??

BetterLife

Nov 15, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2015
LANDED..........
May-2015
deep1985 said:
Thank you better life.
How much cash ?
I heard that we can't carry more than 3000.
From where did you get TC??
Where did you heard that? There is no limitation. You can carry as much you can.
I have got TC and Cash from Thomas Cook.

deep1985

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Doc's Request.
SENT ALREADY
Nomination.....
29-10-2014
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
11-03-2015
Med's Request
27-03-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015 (Canada Day)
BetterLife said:
Where did you heard that? There is no limitation. You can carry as much you can.
I have got TC and Cash from Thomas Cook.
Ok,
I had communication with arkscan -one of senior forum member.
Also he sant me this link
https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=53
kindly check it.