17-10-2011
Med's Done....
28-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
Hi all,

I received request from Ottawa CPP office to "Please provide a certified RCMP criminal record check for yourself" today (the same week I received medical request.) I was hoping it won't come to this.

Does anyone knows the fastest way to get the criminal record in Toronto area? I read from some post that Corp of Commissionaires is much faster.

Also, do I need to provide fingerprints even though they are not specifically asking for it?

Much appreciated

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

phathalo said:
Hi all,

I received request from Ottawa CPP office to "Please provide a certified RCMP criminal record check for yourself" today (the same week I received medical request.) I was hoping it won't come to this.

Does anyone knows the fastest way to get the criminal record in Toronto area? I read from some post that Corp of Commissionaires is much faster.

Also, do I need to provide fingerprints even though they are not specifically asking for it?

Much appreciated
1. Corps of Commissionaires 72 hours for digital prints, (longer if there is a record) paper prints 12 weeks.
2. You need prints for a criminal records check in Canada.

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
phathalo said:
Hi all,

Much appreciated
I got a fingerprint check request as well on 20th Oct 2011. Have you done your fingerprints yet? Please share what exact steps we need to do. As I understood, following needs to be done.
1. Get your finger prints done.
2. Either you fingerprint agency can send the digital prints directly to RCMP or they can send the digital prints to you and you can forward the same to RCMP for evaluation.
3. RCMP further sends the results directly to our Visa Office and they dont send anything to us.
4. We dont need to send anything to VO directly from our side.
- I am assuming that in Canada, it is better to send the digital prints as the processing time is way less for Ink Prints. Please confirm if digital prints are not allowed.
Please confirm if I am wrong at any point as I have to get this done for myself since my wife is leaving for India on coming friday. Dont want to delay it for any moment.

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
I just wanna make sure that why they would ask for " certified RCMP criminal record check" ?????

I taught the POLICE CERTIFICATE is good enough from back home ??????

thanksss.s...

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
I completed my fingreprints yesterday and waiting for RCMP to send me the Clearance certificate. Hopefully I should get by end of this week.....
The ask is,
1. Shall I send the certificate to the same address in Buffalo where the original application package was sent?
2. Shall I use one of the Stickers with buffalo file numbers on the envelop of the mail that I am going to send to Buffalo, while sending the certificate to the consulate?

Please advise.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rpun - CIC requests name-based police clearances for all applicants, so usually you do not need to get an RCMP clearance. If the name check does not clear you, however (for example, if someone with a criminal record has the same name as you), then CIC will request that you do a fingerprint-based RCMP clearance.

torontouser - you send everything to the visa office where your file currently is. If your file is at Buffalo, you send to Buffalo; if it is at Ottawa, you send to Ottawa; if it is at Seattle, you send to Seattle (etc). You can use the same barcodes.

phathalo

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2011
AOR Received.
23-09-2011
Med's Request
17-10-2011
Med's Done....
28-10-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2012
I went to take fingerprints yesterday at Commissionaires and I requested that they send them directly to RCMP which, supposedly, would mail the criminal check record directly to Ottawa (my processing center). My Client ID would be printed in the letter.

They said the whole process would take less than 10 business days.

I hope I haven't made the wrong decision. Please comment.

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
jes_ON said:
rpun - CIC requests name-based police clearances for all applicants, so usually you do not need to get an RCMP clearance. If the name check does not clear you, however (for example, if someone with a criminal record has the same name as you), then CIC will request that you do a fingerprint-based RCMP clearance.

torontouser - you send everything to the visa office where your file currently is. If your file is at Buffalo, you send to Buffalo; if it is at Ottawa, you send to Ottawa; if it is at Seattle, you send to Seattle (etc). You can use the same barcodes.
Thank you Jes for the prompt reply.
I've received the email from Buffalo VO only so I will be sending the Police certificate received from RCMP to Buffalo only. Also, I will use one of the bar code stickers on the envelop of the package.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
torontouser said:
Thank you Jes for the prompt reply.
I've received the email from Buffalo VO only so I will be sending the Police certificate received from RCMP to Buffalo only. Also, I will use one of the bar code stickers on the envelop of the package.
I had the same reuest for rcmp clearence and I went top commisionaries and got it done on monday morning and i received the certificate in my mail after 3 days i guess and sent it out and it has been received . I just realized that i forgot to mention my client ID on there and I am going again today and getting it done again and thsi time send directly to immigration. Waste of money (woww). I don;t want any risk because i know they are just gonna throw it away because it doesnt say any aclient id or anything on it and just my name.
Any expereinces?

torontouser

Sep 27, 2011
umairz said:
I had the same reuest for rcmp clearence and I went top commisionaries and got it done on monday morning and i received the certificate in my mail after 3 days i guess and sent it out and it has been received . I just realized that i forgot to mention my client ID on there and I am going again today and getting it done again and thsi time send directly to immigration. Waste of money (woww). I don;t want any risk because i know they are just gonna throw it away because it doesnt say any aclient id or anything on it and just my name.
Any expereinces?
I don't get your point. When you go to Commissionaires they ask you for your file number (when you tell them that this check is for Immigration), along with your address to mail out the certificate. The same number and address gets printed on the certificate. Also, the mail in CIC states that we must ensure that the certificates have our File Numbers on it. Which are there by default when RCMP sends it to the mentioned address.
The certificate that I had received and sent out to CIC had the Buffalo File number printed on it. Client ID was never asked for and above all, presence of VO file number should be sufficient enough to put the certificate into perspective.

Hope that helps.