+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RCMP Criminal Record Check

bvcmoraes

Apr 25, 2017
Hi guys!

I applied for my PR on Oct 23, and today I received an update. They are asking for RCMP Criminal Record Check. The message says: "Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link."

I've been living in Canada since Sep 2017. I was just wandering why they asked for this (as I know other people who have applied for PR and didn't need to submit this). Is this something I should worry about? (as in they asked for this because they suspect I have a criminal record? - which I don't).

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys!

I applied for my PR on Oct 23, and today I received an update. They are asking for RCMP Criminal Record Check. The message says: "Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link."

I've been living in Canada since Sep 2017. I was just wandering why they asked for this (as I know other people who have applied for PR and didn't need to submit this). Is this something I should worry about? (as in they asked for this because they suspect I have a criminal record? - which I don't).

It is a normal request. No need to worry. Search for RCMP fingerprinting near me and get it done, you will receive the report in your mail in 5-10 days.

LAKER2013

Mar 20, 2017
It is a normal request. No need to worry. Search for RCMP fingerprinting near me and get it done, you will receive the report in your mail in 5-10 days.
I have the same question; now I received the letter from RCMP with four fingerprints(one-paged letter). But I really wonder how to upload it to my CIC account; it pop-up a window that asking for 'document name', 'document number' and issue date and expiry date.

Among them, I really don't know (/cant) where to find the expiry date;
The document number should be the DCN or DOCID???
Thanks.

Reactions: ladyday

bvcmoraes

Apr 25, 2017
I have the same question; now I received the letter from RCMP with four fingerprints(one-paged letter). But I really wonder how to upload it to my CIC account; it pop-up a window that asking for 'document name', 'document number' and issue date and expiry date.

Among them, I really don't know (/cant) where to find the expiry date;
The document number should be the DCN or DOCID???
Thanks.
Hi! When they requested me to get the fingerprints, there was a new field on the same place I uploaded my other documents. It was under RCMP Criminal Record Check.

Regarding the other stuff you asked, I did this:
Document Name: I'm not sure, but I think I copied the name they used: "RCMP Criminal Record Check"
Document Number, issue date and expire date I followed what they recommended on this thread. I didn't received my PR yet, so I don't know if this worked, but it makes sense and I was able to submit the info.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-criminal-record-check.318568/

I hope this helps!

LAKER2013

Mar 20, 2017
Hi! When they requested me to get the fingerprints, there was a new field on the same place I uploaded my other documents. It was under RCMP Criminal Record Check.

Regarding the other stuff you asked, I did this:
Document Name: I'm not sure, but I think I copied the name they used: "RCMP Criminal Record Check"
Document Number, issue date and expire date I followed what they recommended on this thread. I didn't received my PR yet, so I don't know if this worked, but it makes sense and I was able to submit the info.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/rcmp-criminal-record-check.318568/

I hope this helps!

Thanks, man. But, I wonder which number you did pick, the DCN or the DOCID???
regarding the expiry date, someone says that it will be one year after the issue date.
Herein, I suppose that the issue date is the date on the left corner.

Again, thanks.

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi guys!

Hi,

My husband was asked today for the RCMP..
how is your application? Do you know if will take more time to finish the entire process??

Thank you!!!