n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
raven00090 said:
Thank you. My last hope when all else fails is just to keep wishing that I get invited based solely on CEC for the 1 year experience I made up on implied status. For this month though, I have begun looking at flights outbound. One-way.
dont say that it feels so sad ...just because of stupid rules good people have to leave.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
oh man why did u reject? to save $1500?
No, I had 447 points at that time, so I think EE cut-off score would eventually come down.
Plus, I didn't want to uproot everything in BC and move to Ontario. Now, I think I'm ready to move to Nunavut just to secure an ITA...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
volodyalysak said:
From experience international students have poor English, not everybody. Fake degree ? Fake work experience ? What are you talking about ? WES does good job on checking stuff, and work experience can be verified(at least here in US).
I would have done it differently for students beeing in Canada:

Give students work permits, see how they contribute to economy, check their English etc, if they comply give them PR.
I'm just frustrated with EE as a system, it's becoming more of a lottery than an evaluation tool for CIC.
ur comparing again with worst of int students to best from outside. what experience u have to int students in Canada? worst from out side will have fake degree/ fake exp as well poor english and worst from int students will have poor english everything else is verifiable. so compare those two. dont compare MIT to Online university. Thats what ur doing wrong. So phoenix university Masters is same as MIT? Yes students get work permits and they work on it and have jobs, english is checked as they go thorough the same interview process as a Canadian. They prove them selves to be better than Canadians if they get the job going through same interview process. everyone is frustrated with EE its a lottery

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alexios07 said:
No, I had 447 points at that time, so I think EE cut-off score would eventually come down.
Plus, I didn't want to uproot everything in BC and move to Ontario. Now, I think I'm ready to move to Nunavut just to secure an ITA...
BC has a good PNP right? whats the catch there?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
mead said:
I have a similar question. Who is more valuable?
a student who brings in $10000 per year in canada? A student who has got a job and is a productive member of Canadian society well integrated? A student whose experience and education can be verified easily being Canadian exp/edu? good english as they survive in Canada and have a job
or someone who has 5+ years of experience which may or may not be verifiable(may be fake). Master/Phd which may or may not be from a reputed university?(fake degree). Poor english

Also why do u assume international students have poor english I would say people who r not in Canada have poorer english.
wrong comparison. U cannot compare everyone has their purpose and are valuable
Why does the foreign worker's work experience need to be described as "may be fake"? Why can't the comparisons be looked at when both sides are at their best? You put the ideal international student against the non ideal foreign worker and the comparison is biased from the start and shows your partiality

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
BC has a good PNP right? whats the catch there?
Yep, a good system but very hard to get high score since it's all about job location, NOC code, skill level and annual wage.

Since my job is in a big city and not in the top 100 occupations of the province, I lose around 20+ points.

ButterflyChemist said:
Why does the foreign worker's work experience need to be described as "may be fake"? Why can't the comparisons be looked at when both sides are at their best? You put the ideal international student against the non ideal foreign worker and the comparison is biased from the start and shows your partiality
Not all are fake, but most of the time they are unverifiable. If you look around this forum, you will hear enough people complaining that they cannot find a job even they have a PhD/Master back at their home country. Why take chances with a FSW when you already have an already working and paying taxes CEC applicant right here in Canada?

DamhaSirah said:
I did not say hire immigrants immediately after landing for this role... There are thousands of unemployed qualified people/qualified people doing odd jobs in Canada even after residing there for the last 4-5 years. I can name half my friends, extended family and relatives living like that in Toronto, Brampton, Montreal, Calgary, and Vancouver...
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/plzzzz-dont-come-to-canadathere-are-nooo-jobs-t442497.0.html;msg5375755#msg5375755

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ButterflyChemist said:
exactly that was the point he/she cannot compare like that hence I put a similar question with roles reversed

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
mead said:
exactly that was the point he/she cannot compare like that hence I put a similar question with roles reversed
point is when u compare best of the best then and in worst of the worst also int students seem more valuable. Valuable because OP started with it not saying one is valuable than other

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
mead said:
ur comparing again with worst of int students to best from outside. what experience u have to int students in Canada? worst from out side will have fake degree/ fake exp as well poor english and worst from int students will have poor english everything else is verifiable. so compare those two. dont compare MIT to Online university. Thats what ur doing wrong. So phoenix university Masters is same as MIT? Yes students get work permits and they work on it and have jobs, english is checked as they go thorough the same interview process as a Canadian. They prove them selves to be better than Canadians if they get the job going through same interview process. everyone is frustrated with EE its a lottery
Agree , just frustrated with EE. There is no way that i can get to 490 CRS or so , i have to learn perfect French, by the time i'll learn French my score will drop down 10 points for age.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alexios07 said:
Yep, a good system but very hard to get high score since it's all about job location, NOC code, skill level and annual wage.

Since my job is in a big city and not in the top 100 occupations of the province, I lose around 20+ points.

Not all are fake, but most of the time they are unverifiable. If you look around this forum, you will hear enough people complaining that they cannot find a job even they have a PhD/Master back at their home country.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/plzzzz-dont-come-to-canadathere-are-nooo-jobs-t442497.0.html;msg5375755#msg5375755
ah I c thats the catch they want u to live in difficult places

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
volodyalysak said:
Agree , just frustrated with EE. There is no way that i can get to 490 CRS or so , i have to learn perfect French, by the time i'll learn French my score will drop down 10 points for age.
yes agreed. we too are stuck ..putting everyone in the same pool is wrong and with no regard for profession

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
What are the options for PNP's for me ?

I have no Canadian experience, graduated 9 years ago, i have CLB9 English, have work experience, have no relatives in Canada, just couple friends.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
volodyalysak said:
What are the options for PNP's for me ?

I have no Canadian experience, graduated 9 years ago, i have CLB9 English, have work experience, have no relatives in Canada, just couple friends.
I am also in the same boat with only difference I did my Masters here in canada and experience in canada still stuck

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
dont say that it feels so sad ...just because of stupid rules good people have to leave.
I know it feels horrible, especially being in the situation having lost the job, the wonderful colleagues/friends. But there is one thing that happened in all this. My student loans are all paid and done. Debt-free now. But I really really hope I get to come back to Canada. I really hope I do.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
raven00090 said:
Delusions would be deceiving your own self based on current reality. But in a scenario like this where nobody can predict even the next month or two with any accuracy and no one can tell what this will look like 3 months from now, I don't think it is being deluded to have SOME hope. Actions coupled with hope after all is the only remedy for all of this.
Expecting IRCC to act in our favor is deceiving yourself and out of reality. And it prevents us to find real solutions to the situation, e.g. PNP