App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
+ 1 to sirisnick. That is correct. I think another thing about the system is that youth is rewarded. I mean ultimately if you want to look at this in a more critical way, they want young people so they can get more taxes for longer. Which is why people in their 20s get a huge number of points. Immigration is really only geared in the direction that core governing policy wants it to be.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ ranked third world college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
volodyalysak said:
Who is more valuable ?

Student who studied in Canada for year or two with so so English and no real world work experience, with maybe one degree or certification
Or someone who has 5+ years of work experience, great English , and masters or PhD ?

It would be really frustrating to see if students will get same points as those people who really worked hard for that score.
I'm at the point to start either learning French or start exploring Australia.
It's funny that whenever people want to bash international students, they always pick the most pathetic and worst examples of int'l students and compare to the best FSWs.

Keep lying to yourself.

siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now what? Visa expires, they will lose their job, can no longer afford the mortgage and lose the house, a life is torn apart.
What they have contributed by staying 6+ years in Canada? 200k+ in tuition, paying tax and contribute to the economy, blended perfectly in Canada, young and promising labors Canada is desperately needs.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ world ranked third college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.
This hits very close to home. I will have close to 500 points, if I go back to my country and earn one year work experience. It's not the end of the world since I can come back home and have my family beside me. However, it also means I have to remove everything I've earned for that past 6 years here in Canada. Good job, good apartment, friends, car and everything else.

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
siriusnick said:
The current situation is extremely unfriendly and unfair to international students, they can graduate from the top Canadian/world university and have perfect English while working for two years, have a car, just paid down payment for a house, maybe even a family, a good established life in Canada. Scoring at... wait for it... a whopping 460 points ! yep.

Now tell me who is more valuable? This? or a foreigner has a "master" degree in some 500+ world ranked third college with no idea what it likes to live in Canada, and cannot get a half decent job after 1+ year landing and leech on social benefits because no one will hire a foreigner with no Canadian experience, not at reasonable wage anyway.
Cant agree more.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I am in sort of the same boat as Alexios in terms of points. If I go home and work for one year, I will have 498 points in EE. But you are spot on, it will mean losing everything here. I already lost my job here anyway.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
I am in sort of the same boat as Alexios in terms of points. If I go home and work for one year, I will have 498 points in EE. But you are spot on, it will mean losing everything here. I already lost my job here anyway.
That sucks ! your PGWP is already expired? Sometimes I think I have nightmares about what I have to do when I'm forced to leave Canada. Sell the car, close all bank accounts, CCs, lose a very good apartment (price/location), give my 2-week notice etc... It's just plain frustrated to see those people with extra points just because they have some sort of unverifiable "foreign work experience".

p/s: love your quote and love the game. I think I sunk around 200+ hrs on New Vegas.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
volodyalysak said:
Who is more valuable ?

Student who studied in Canada for year or two with so so English and no real world work experience, with maybe one degree or certification
Or someone who has 5+ years of work experience, great English , and masters or PhD ?

It would be really frustrating to see if students will get same points as those people who really worked hard for that score.
I'm at the point to start either learning French or start exploring Australia.
I have a similar question. Who is more valuable?
a student who brings in $10000 per year in canada? A student who has got a job and is a productive member of Canadian society well integrated? A student whose experience and education can be verified easily being Canadian exp/edu? good english as they survive in Canada and have a job
or someone who has 5+ years of experience which may or may not be verifiable(may be fake). Master/Phd which may or may not be from a reputed university?(fake degree). Poor english

Also why do u assume international students have poor english I would say people who r not in Canada have poorer english.
wrong comparison. U cannot compare everyone has their purpose and are valuable

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alexios07 said:
That sucks ! your PGWP is already expired? Sometimes I think I have nightmares about what I have to do when I'm forced to leave Canada. Sell the car, close all bank accounts, CCs, lose a very good apartment (price/location), give my 2-week notice etc... It's just plain frustrated to see those people with extra points just because they have some sort of unverifiable "foreign work experience".

p/s: love your quote and love the game. I think I sunk around 200+ hrs on New Vegas.
agreed and I too have same nightmares our lives will be uprooted everything we built will be ruined just cause numbers dont drop

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Alexios, yes, my PGWP had expired and I was in a pickle where I thought if I somehow gambled with my odds in Canada by making a BOWP application while hoping to get something from Ontario PNP by the time they get to my application. OINP closed in May, the streams that applied to me anyway. Company won't go the LMIA route, so that's out the window. Now I got a refusal on August 5th, 2016. I am still within the two year period within which I can take advantage of the International Student Stream of OINP but the program is not there and I no longer have a job as of August 5th. Now time to restore to visitor, see for a fortnight how it goes and leave Canada. Currently sitting at 461 so to get to 464, I have booked IELTS to be retaken. That will be the max I can do.

About NV, yes, that quote to me, just like the game, is memorable. Will never forget it. It resonates with me very deeply.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
raven00090 said:
Alexios, yes, my PGWP had expired and I was in a pickle where I thought if I somehow gambled with my odds in Canada by making a BOWP application while hoping to get something from Ontario PNP so that by the time they get to my application. OINP closed in May, the streams that applied to me anyway. Company won't go the LMIA route, so that's out the window. Now I got a refusal on August 5th, 2016. I am still within the two year period within which I can take advantage of the International Student Stream of OINP but the program is not there and I no longer have a job as of August 5th. Now time to restore to visitor, see for a fortnight how it goes and leave Canada. Currently sitting at 461 so to get to 464, I have booked IELTS to be retaken. That will be the max I can do.

About NV, yes, that quote to me, just like the game, is memorable. Will never forget it. It resonates with me very deeply.
sorry to hear that. good luck hope OINP opens soon and ur set. Really I feel for u

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
mead said:
I have a similar question. Who is more valuable?
a student who brings in $10000 per year in canada? A student who has got a job and is a productive member of Canadian society well integrated? A student whose experience and education can be verified easily being Canadian exp/edu? good english as they survive in Canada and have a job
or someone who has 5+ years of experience which may or may not be verifiable(may be fake). Master/Phd which may or may not be from a reputed university?(fake degree). Poor english

Also why do u assume international students have poor english I would say people who r not in Canada have poorer english.
wrong comparison. U cannot compare everyone has their purpose and are valuable
From experience international students have poor English, not everybody. Fake degree ? Fake work experience ? What are you talking about ? WES does good job on checking stuff, and work experience can be verified(at least here in US).
I would have done it differently for students beeing in Canada:

Give students work permits, see how they contribute to economy, check their English etc, if they comply give them PR.
I'm just frustrated with EE as a system, it's becoming more of a lottery than an evaluation tool for CIC.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
It's funny that whenever people want to bash international students, they always pick the most pathetic and worst examples of int'l students and compare to the best FSWs.
I think people dont understand difference between TFW and int students. TFW are on the top of the list with LMIA some students may have LMIA too. students have 1-3 years of exp max TFW can have more

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raven00090 said:
Alexios, yes, my PGWP had expired and I was in a pickle where I thought if I somehow gambled with my odds in Canada by making a BOWP application while hoping to get something from Ontario PNP so that by the time they get to my application. OINP closed in May, the streams that applied to me anyway. Company won't go the LMIA route, so that's out the window. Now I got a refusal on August 5th, 2016. I am still within the two year period within which I can take advantage of the International Student Stream of OINP but the program is not there and I no longer have a job as of August 5th. Now time to restore to visitor, see for a fortnight how it goes and leave Canada. Currently sitting at 461 so to get to 464, I have booked IELTS to be retaken. That will be the max I can do.

I'm still kicking myself for rejecting the ITA from OINP last October. I was so confidence that I will have a chance in EE, then little did I know, Trudeau and his gang happened.

I also have 460 now, will be boosted to 468 with clb 9. My PGWP will be expired on April, 2017, so the bomb is ticking like crazy.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Alexios07 said:
I'm still kicking myself for rejecting the ITA from OINP last October. I was so confidence that I will have a chance in EE, then little did I know, Trudeau and his gang happened.

I also have 460 now, will be boosted to 468 with clb 9. My PGWP will be expired on April, 2017, so the bomb is ticking like crazy.
oh man why did u reject? to save $1500?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
sorry to hear that. good luck hope OINP opens soon and ur set. Really I feel for u
Thank you. My last hope when all else fails is just to keep wishing that I get invited based solely on CEC for the 1 year experience I made up on implied status. For this month though, I have begun looking at flights outbound. One-way.