Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/170422#BK12

Thanks for the link! I've gone through the content of Ontario Immigration Act from the page listed above, but I don't think that French as the primary language or a in-demand NOC is mentioned as a requirement under French-speaking Skilled Worker Stream. Anyone could correct me if I got it wrong.
Yes, just French proficiency above a certain level is what everything I've seen has said. I'm not sure where anyone got the "primary language" requirement from. Perhaps they misread. Otherwise you should ask those specific people to post links to where it says that. :) Seems to be it's just proficiency in French and English as a requirement.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Yes, just French proficiency above a certain level is what everything I've seen has said. I'm not sure where anyone got the "primary language" requirement from. Perhaps they misread. Otherwise you should ask those specific people to post links to where it says that. :) Seems to be it's just proficiency in French and English as a requirement.
Well, as long as they included FSWs, I have nothing else to expect :)

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
it has to be primary language because my CRS is above the cut off of their recent two French Speaking Draws & i have the 30 points for French but as a second language so i didn't receive NOI.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I wonder why they only invite people with first language in French. I have good ielts and good TEF but French is my second language. 468, I wasn’t invited
French does nor need to be your first language. The reason you were not invited was because Ontario targeted lower CRS scores. I am also not sure why they did this in the current circumstances. Maybe they still assume that candidates with higher scores would get drawn anyway?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
it has to be primary language because my CRS is above the cut off of their recent two French Speaking Draws & i have the 30 points for French but as a second language so i didn't receive NOI.
If your CRS is higher than 451 (I think this was their maximum in the most recent draw), then that's why you did not receive an NOI. They are still presumably targeting candidates who would not get drawn otherwise.

Reactions: MTharwat94

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If your CRS is higher than 451 (I think this was their maximum in the most recent draw), then that's why you did not receive an NOI. They are still presumably targeting candidates who would not get drawn otherwise.
Sorry, higher than 436 (not 451).

Berlineyeba

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Oh, I didn't know that in this program French had to be the first language, nor about the in-demand NOC requirement. Would you please share a link to these specified requirements from Ontario's immigration site if you don't mind? I'm not able to locate them. Would appreciate it.
Yes French has to be your first language

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
For OINP, not everyone who qualifies will receive an LOI and everyone who receive an LOI is not necessarily qualified . Priority for their french class is having french as your primary language. You can ask those who received LOI recently.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
For OINP, not everyone who qualifies will receive an LOI and everyone who receive an LOI is qualified . Priority for their french class is having french as your primary language. You can ask those who received LOI recently.
But if this was the case, would it not be mentioned in their eligibility criteria? They only mention the scores you need to get in your French language test.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
They don’t have to tell you this when they already created a separate class for french speakers. It is common sense
They kind of do have to tell you. It's an official immigration programme, not an informal decision between friends...

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
They kind of do have to tell you. It's an official immigration programme, not an informal decision between friends...
Lol
Unfortunately, OINP doesn’t give out as much information as one may want only if you contact them. From the commencement of the French stream they made mention of french as first language in their letter to IRCC so I don’t know why they wish not to continue mentioning that.

Status
Not open for further replies.