+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 94th Draw

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
You were one of the lucky ones that were not even supposed to happen. And it seems it will not happen in the future any time soon (if ever)
Regarding OINP. Last year people had too much hope. So many people were dragging their foot submit their applications. But then July increases were happening and then suddenly OINP was closed and they have only reopened shortly in November.
So they also said that they have no time to wait for indecisive ones. So they went back to their 45 days (as it used to be for paper applications). That still gave applicants few more days (because those 45 days included the time the application package was posted and received by OINP office).

And they also said that now they only want cream of the cream. So their new strategy is to pick people max 10 points below the current ITA score (they surely have enough profiles to pick from).
So yes with your score this year you would have no chance for ITA and no chance for OINP either (unless you were a French speaker).
Exactly my friend, this should be something you are working on long before you get ITA. I can't believe people are all worked up about scores reducing, and is caught off gaurd

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
You were one of the lucky ones that were not even supposed to happen.
Don't say that. It was meant to happen some day. My age 34 now was the biggest -ve on my profile. Working past 12 years now.

And it seems it will not happen in the future any time soon (if ever)
Hmm..I agree. That's why I grabbed this opportunity with both hands.

Regarding OINP. Last year people had too much hope. So many people were dragging their foot submit their applications. But then July increases were happening and then suddenly OINP was closed and they have only reopened shortly in November.
So they also said that they have no time to wait for indecisive ones. So they went back to their 45 days (as it used to be for paper applications). That still gave applicants few more days (because those 45 days included the time the application package was posted and received by OINP office).

And they also said that now they only want cream of the cream. So their new strategy is to pick people max 10 points below the current ITA score (they surely have enough profiles to pick from).
But they have special set of requirements also. For this they might need to dip more into the EE pool.
Also what about SINP and BC PNP? Aren't they picking the candidates as well?

So yes with your score this year you would have no chance for ITA and no chance for OINP either (unless you were a French speaker).
I agree. I should have started my application in my 28-29 year. I am lucky I got federal ITA in my 34th year. I guess having 12 years of experience has no effect on CRS.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that was the truth is. You were extremely lucky back then.
As a result of that spring overkill they cut down on amount of ITA in the next half of the year. So yes technically because of that other people with higher score that came just a bit too late could not get through

Trust me even with your age as long as can get Master and an English score close to perfection you should be able to hit 440 mark (that would be all without French).
That score would suggest that you were on CBL 9 only maybe no master or your spouse did not have good language level at all.
People under 30 with master and an English close to perfection can easily hit 460+ without having any Canadian ties at all.

Well as for OINP. Newsflash, there are way too many potential applicants who meet those requirements (language CBL 7 is the minimum requirement for FSW or CEC EE, Bachelor degree is practically a must for a score 400+ and one year experience is again a minimum requirement, just needs to be a bit more recent that's it). So with good 25k+ applicants (anybody between 400 and 440) fighting for those maybe 6500 nominations you will get the picture

SINP is restricting on specific NOC only (also you do not have to be 400+). Same for Nova Scotia (if ever it is opened).
BC is impossible for anybody without Canadian ties. Only those that have a job there already.

Kevin Kav

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I just received an ITA in my inbox. Waiting for an ITA since last 8 months with 438 score. Recreated the profile in February to get a NOI from Ontario. Applied for PNP on March 15. Took 3 months to get the 600 points(4 days ago). Thank you very much everyone! I used to pass every Wednesday draw here with so much frustration but still hopeful. I don't know how to explain. I am so happy!

I wish everyone here a good luck!

PS: Ontario requested additional documents in May for which I took 14 days to reply.
let me ask you a question. yesterday I received additional document request with 15 day to provide. I submitted today after just one day. do you think Ontario officer will get back to my case after finishing 15 days or it's not like that?

YPS

Mar 7, 2018
I am @ 428, age 36 with Masters although evaluated as 2 degree so loosing 7 points + CLB9, spouse adding 22 points for ECA as Masters n Ielts...

Waiting for NOI from OINP along with 27,000 people (400+ CRS) in the pool, quota probably left is 2k as site not updated from last 2 months

Reactions: lightning_crashes

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
You were one of the lucky ones that were not even supposed to happen. And it seems it will not happen in the future any time soon (if ever)

Tell me about it :p
Once you are regular on this forum, everything seems easy. I wasn't active here and I must say that did cost me my ITA. I can submit the documents in a week now, but the thing is, for those who are managing their accounts themselves, and have lived in many countries, 60 days might not be enough. I wasted an ITA due to inexperience. Somebody else should have gotten it instead of me. Many others like me will face this problem. That's why I ask everyone to read REJECTION stories on this forum before submitting your application.

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
I also got NOI from Ontario in January 2018, but then got ITA so declined the NOI. Now I am not sure if Ontario will send me NOI again, as my CIC account is the same, only the EE profile is new.
I got NOI on my 419 last year from ON. Luckily the score went 413 so I got the federal ITA as well.
Why do you think you will not get NOI from ON?
ON generally sends NOI to all eligible candidates having score 400 or more.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
haha..yeh konsa L.O.C hai k we keep disagreeing with each other :p wese Engineer wala u guessed right too..he got admission in NUST, which is like a dream come true for anyone in Pak, but went for CA instead :p and hey, which thread to follow during post-ITA period???
Bhai ke kahani main itne saare twist..... First NUST, then CA and then you... :D
Bohot question poochtee ho yaar :D..
HYG
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/step-by-step-post-ita-process.495270/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/post-e-apr-process-and-common-reasons-for-rejection.510587/

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
Well that was the truth is. You were extremely lucky back then.
As a result of that spring overkill they cut down on amount of ITA in the next half of the year. So yes technically because of that other people with higher score that came just a bit too late could not get through

Trust me even with your age as long as can get Master and an English score close to perfection you should be able to hit 440 mark (that would be all without French).
That score would suggest that you were on CBL 9 only maybe no master or your spouse did not have good language level at all.
People under 30 with master and an English close to perfection can easily hit 460+ without having any Canadian ties at all.

Well as for OINP. Newsflash, there are way too many potential applicants who meet those requirements (language CBL 7 is the minimum requirement for FSW or CEC EE, Bachelor degree is practically a must for a score 400+ and one year experience is again a minimum requirement, just needs to be a bit more recent that's it). So with good 25k+ applicants (anybody between 400 and 440) fighting for those maybe 6500 nominations you will get the picture

SINP is restricting on specific NOC only (also you do not have to be 400+). Same for Nova Scotia (if ever it is opened).
BC is impossible for anybody without Canadian ties. Only those that have a job there already.
Yes it's blessings like this that make me grateful every day for getting through with a score of 418 at the age of 40.
I am aware it was pure luck and timing (totally unexpected).
God's blessings.
Now I try to give back to society by helping others where I can, whether here by posting articles, answering queries or at my workplace.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got NOI from Ontario in January 2018, but then got ITA so declined the NOI. Now I am not sure if Ontario will send me NOI again, as my CIC account is the same, only the EE profile is new.
What happened with your ITA?
And if you have several PCC start with those old ones (from countries where you do not live anymore and do not plan to visit).

hegdvin

Jul 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a PCC from my native country which was issued back in September 2017 and I last visited my native country in April 2017. The PCC was issued in a different country where I am currently staying. If I get an ITA this September, will this PCC be valid ?

I have gone through the FAQ's where it is mentioned "For any other country from which you need a police certificate: the police certificate must have been issued after the last time you stayed in the country for 6 months or more in a row" but I just want to be sure about it as it will be greater than a year. So that if needed I can get a new PCC as well.

Could any expert please clarify ?