+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 93rd Draw

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
It will be better to get ITA with u n ur common law partner, if u can till July draws, otherwise getting PR again for common law partner may take longer time. You can always select option now after July draw where u will hve high chances to get ITA.
I hope I get ITA in July 11th draw.

inacan

Jun 19, 2018
T
Thanks for the link, but this point:
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
is generally an additional letter that the company needs to provide,will that come under a skill certificate. also will previous employers provide these letters?

if not are there any workarounds? any info will be of great help.

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hello! I have a question regarding the employment letter and I hope someone can help.

I know that a reference letter from the employer should include "all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits".

In my case, I started part-time in company A when I was a full-time student since 2013, and turned full-time in July 2016 after graduation. I am using work experience from July 2016- Dec 2017 for express entry. My understanding to my employment letter is that my employer doesn't need to specify all of my details (job title, duties and responsibilities, and hours worked, etc) for my employment from 2013- June 2016 while I was a student since I wasn't using them towards cec. Is that correct? Thanks.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
T

Thanks for the link, but this point:
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
is generally an additional letter that the company needs to provide,will that come under a skill certificate. also will previous employers provide these letters?

if not are there any workarounds? any info will be of great help.
Work Experience document/Letter of Reference (LoR) is an important doc, don't go around trying to outsmart it :D...

LoR should be provided for the jobs you are claiming the points for... e.g. if someone has over 15 yrs experience and has worked in the same org for the last 10 yrs, one letter for these 10 yrs should be provided... LoR for the balance 5 years are not required, but these 5 years should be mentioned in the personal history/activities section...

keep things simple and in a single document...follow this post... check response of Sandeep Mishra...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello! I have a question regarding the employment letter and I hope someone can help.

I know that a reference letter from the employer should include "all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits".

In my case, I started part-time in company A when I was a full-time student since 2013, and turned full-time in July 2016 after graduation. I am using work experience from July 2016- Dec 2017 for express entry. My understanding to my employment letter is that my employer doesn't need to specify all of my details (job title, duties and responsibilities, and hours worked, etc) for my employment from 2013- June 2016 while I was a student since I wasn't using them towards cec. Is that correct? Thanks.
Mate if your employer is ok to share your complete association with the company, i would suggest you can have it indicated... it is not mandatory for them to include the temporary exp, since you are claiming for points from 2016 on wards(which is when you started full time)...
But I guess it gives a nice story for your application to the case officer...

inacan

Jun 19, 2018
Work Experience document/Letter of Reference (LoR) is an important doc, don't go around trying to outsmart it :D...

LoR should be provided for the jobs you are claiming the points for... e.g. if someone has over 15 yrs experience and has worked in the same org for the last 10 yrs, one letter for these 10 yrs should be provided... LoR for the balance 5 years are not required, but these 5 years should be mentioned in the personal history/activities section...

keep things simple and in a single document...follow this post... check response of Sandeep Mishra...

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-purpose-and-the-format-of-a-Reference-Letter-to-apply-for-a-Canada-PR-after-getting-the-invitation
This post by sandeep mishra says a letter of reference from manager or supervisor also works, if it does then solves my entire problem as long as its not on a company letterhead but with official visiting card and ID card copy. this looks like a good option too. thanks for the link bimale4bipeople. :)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
This post by sandeep mishra says a letter of reference from manager or supervisor also works, if it does then solves my entire problem as long as its not on a company letterhead but with official visiting card and ID card copy. this looks like a good option too. thanks for the link bimale4bipeople. :)
Do you have any issue getting the LoR officially through your employer ?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
yes, i dont want my management to know bout the PR could create unnecessary issues. and getting the letter officially could be a long drawn process.
I did not read the entire conversation but I think its about the reference letter.

If your company does not provide you a reference letter, you can ask your supervisor to sign it and submit his id card and business card with it.
Also, submit all your payslips , offer letter etc. This was suggested to me by consultant.

Reactions: inacan

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Mate if your employer is ok to share your complete association with the company, i would suggest you can have it indicated... it is not mandatory for them to include the temporary exp, since you are claiming for points from 2016 on wards(which is when you started full time)...

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
yes, i dont want my management to know bout the PR could create unnecessary issues. and getting the letter officially could be a long drawn process.
The only risk that I see is that IRCC "may" dig in and seek more explanation from you why you cannot get the LoR from your organisation. I am not quite certain the above will reason will provide enough justification for them...

In my own case one of the previous organization where I worked was acquired much after I left. Neither did I have any chance to provide a LoR from this previous org, nor I had any contact with any previous employee/colleagues/managers. So I ended up doing a self deceleration in that case.
But in the self declaration doc, I mentioned the reason that the organization was acquired and operation ceased to exist in the country I was employed...I was also able to provide a newsletter link published on the company's website about the acquisition to ensure my explanation was backed up...

Last edited:
Reactions: inacan

EECEC

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Thanks for your reply! Yes, in my letter, my employer indicated “Miss x’s part-time employment started in Sept.2013 as a general assistant. With increasing levels of training, she was hired full-time on July 1st 2016 as Retail Manager”. Is it good? Thanks!