+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 93rd Draw

Happyships

Jun 21, 2018
Hi, give some advices how you prepared for ielts. I am sitting again. Any websites?
Hi,

PFB links and android apps.

https://ieltsmaterial.com/
https://www.ieltsbuddy.com/
http://ieltsliz.com/

Android apps:
IELTS Writing by FR-Solutions
IELTS speking by 1992 originals

Youtube:
ONLINE GRAMMAR SESSIONS BY GANESH YIRRINKI
Check videos for tenses , punctuation etc. Basic Minor details but helpful one to avoid mistakes.

I have some PDF documents i will share later today.

Good Luck !!!

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018

inacan

Jun 19, 2018
Hi, give some advices how you prepared for ielts. I am sitting again. Any websites?
I m not sure of what CLB my score comes under i guess 10:
L-9,R-9,W-7,S-8. in first attempt.
I can maybe help how it worked for me i attempted lot of practice test almost 1 set of (LRWS) each day.
The IELTS upgrade test 8 book - i also took 2 weeks classes for the same where i got lot of test samples.
Reading - always remember do not introduce new words or synonyms in the answer the expected answer to be picked up verbatim(or verb forms) from the passage, the number of words (1,2,3 or 4) expected should be strictly followed.
Listening - only tip here is give 100% focus on the audio in the hall. esp section 3 and section 4 they are not generally straight forward like section 1 and 2.
Speaking - will be of total 14 minutes. with 3 sections, section 1 should be easy as its only conversation with the examiner. Section 2 - is crucial as you will be given a topic to speak on answer all the sub-questions without fail you cant exceed 2 minutes here (+/- 10 secs accepted) you will also get 1 minute to prepare your points for the topic. section 3 is again conversation your topic. REMEMBER in speaking content is not very important as much as command over language is. expectation is to use few complex words and few compound words how you wrap it in the conversation.
Use of idioms are also helpful.
Writing - Was my Achilles heel too. letter was easy. wrote it in paragraphs about 4 of them each paragraph answering each question or sub-question. essay again applied the same approach of paragraphs and focused on the flow of content.

I know this is not an IELTS discussion forum but I understand the anxiety, so thought will share my experience and approach.
Hope this helps.

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Guys there must be some logic or reasoning behind 3 weeks draw. As far as I can think, the only reason is IRCC doesnt want to take candidates with low CRS. Last year was an exception and it will not repeat. I am not talking about 440 theory but based on this years draws, it might not go down like last year so we have to improve our scores or look for other options...

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
I can maybe help how it worked for me i attempted lot of practice test almost 1 set of (LRWS) each day.
The IELTS upgrade test 8 book - i also took 2 weeks classes for the same where i got lot of test samples.
Reading - always remember do not introduce new words or synonyms in the answer the expected answer to be picked up verbatim(or verb forms) from the passage, the number of words (1,2,3 or 4) expected should be strictly followed.
Listening - only tip here is give 100% focus on the audio in the hall. esp section 3 and section 4 they are not generally straight forward like section 1 and 2.
Speaking - will be of total 14 minutes. with 3 sections, section 1 should be easy as its only conversation with the examiner. Section 2 - is crucial as you will be given a topic to speak on answer all the sub-questions without fail you cant exceed 2 minutes here (+/- 10 secs accepted) you will also get 1 minute to prepare your points for the topic. section 3 is again conversation your topic. REMEMBER in speaking content is not very important as much as command over language is. expectation is to use few complex words and few compound words how you wrap it in the conversation.
Writing - Was my Achilles heel too. letter was easy. wrote it in paragraphs about 4 of them each paragraph answering each question or sub-question. essay again applied the same approach of paragraphs and focused on the flow of content.

I know this is not an IELTS discussion forum but I understand the anxiety, so thought will share my experience and approach.
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for all these advises. I am working on improving my Listening and writing, so i think this will help me immensely

DS895

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018

Hope this helps.
Ur score is CLB 9, if you would have scored 7.5- Writing then u wud hve moved to CLB 10 that gives you 3 extra points

DS895

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Guys there must be some logic or reasoning behind 3 weeks draw. As far as I can think, the only reason is IRCC doesnt want to take candidates with low CRS. Last year was an exception and it will not repeat. I am not talking about 440 theory but based on this years draws, it might not go down like last year so we have to improve our scores or look for other options...
ok then why IRCC had 3 weeks gap after March 21st draw? Later they have 2 weeks gap again. Last one on June 13th make sense because on May 30th they did PNP draw. Again it will be back to 2 weeks gap draw.

inacan

Jun 19, 2018
My case is similar to urs writing is weakness but at CLB 9, my CRS 450 hoping to get ITA in next draw on 27th june.
All the best for that, i think you might get it on 27th the chances are very high. hope i get mine in the next draw too.