+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 75th Draw

OMI11

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
IELTS L8.5, R8, S7.5 AND W6.5
I don't understand how they check these tests, making me completely mad .

Thay

Nov 14, 2016
Did you study? Did you practice your writing? I am asking because I am going to take the IELTS soon... writing is hardest factor on this test and it's so hard to practice it.

drshohrat

Aug 26, 2017
what are the chances of crs going beyond 448? I ask because i am about to decline an invitation...........due to an error i made in the express entry profile........and make a new profile......for the next draw. my crs is 448

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Not a big fan of SINP! They take 4 months to process which will make the entire PR process at least 1 year long. Plus they are also charging non refundable application fee of $300. Not worth it in my opinion. I would rather wait at 416!
ICT workers also need to get CIPS certification (and only a few ICT NOC codes qualify at all), and the certification can take anywhere from 3 months best case to a year. Some people have said it's ok to apply for SINP and CIPS certification at the same time, while others say you really should get the certification first because some people have been rejected for not having the certification by the time an immigration officer got around to looking at their files.

We also need to consider whether we really would want to settle in the province. These provinces want to nominate people who actually want to settle there, so once you get the nomination, you should be ready to stay at least 2-3 years, but preferably until you become a citizen. And I personally need to be in a big, cosmopolitan city like Toronto. For me, Saskatchewan would be a nice, quaint place to visit, but not to live in for more a year at most.

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
Where are the experts? This ROH thread is so quiet that scares me...
I remember seeing a chart of predicted CRS scores by date of draw in ROH 74th, but can't remember the author. So if you are the author, I would like to thank you. I admire your work, and please keep us updated with this draw's predictions.

Everyone else please share your thoughts. Thank you!

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Completing Online Application
Good Day All and Seniors please kindly advise
When applying online for some of these PNP, you find sections that are not applicable to you where you will be required to fill and attached some forms: example

• The issue is that there is no option of NOT APPLICABLE to enable one skip ,the section, if you don't attach a document and choose I have attached the required document you can't proceed to the next section.Please waht can one do in this case? Is it to attach a non related document or what? Thanks.

Reactions: Mithu3

kb400

Sep 15, 2017
Did you study? Did you practice your writing? I am asking because I am going to take the IELTS soon... writing is hardest factor on this test and it's so hard to practice it.
Hi,

I think the main thing in the writing task is to understand how to organize your essay. www.ieltsadvantage.com has a short free course that shows how to plan your essays out. The course is specifically for opinion type essays, but I think the same plan can be used for other types of essays with a few tweaks.

Sorry to everyone else, I know this is off-topic.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thankfully, I've had a lot to keep busy with while waiting for the 2018 quotas to be announced. I want to believe there will be at least a small increase. But this has been such a crazy year for CIC, I don't want to set myself up for a huge let down.
2018 is the year of our Canadian dream! We are in this together! Your time is coming! Hope and faith are bigger than any let down!

Last edited:

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey guys...jus wanna share the good news with my extended family here...i had a CLB 9 score in all modules in my 1st attempt which led to a CRS score of 422....i was 6 points away from the cut off when scores started to go up june onwards ...frustrated with the recent developments of lower ITA’s & increased CRS scores & the fear of losing 10 point in FEB next year when i wld turn 41 , i decided to give my 2nd attempt for ielts. A CLB 10 in all 4 modules would bump my CRS by 9 points to 431...i got my results today & i am elated to share the news that i managed to crack all 4 modules & got a CLB 10...now my score stands at 431...thank u everyone for spreading positivity , sharing ielts material & helping in keeping my canada dream alive...means a lot...what would i do without this gang of crazy canada aspirants
Congrats!!! Your turn is next! :)

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
If you believe you had done well in your writing, you can go ahead with a Re-valuation of Writing section. Do keep in mind that the Re-val is not cheap and you may stand to lose your Re-val money if God forbid, no change to the marks are identified. Good luck.

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi, finally got my ECA from IQAS after 2 and half months, my SCDL diploma is assessed as two year graduate diploma program.
So my confusion is I could claim 8 points as for graduation or the whole 9 points for post graduation too.
My crs would be 438 or 439, which we are trying to increase bit by bit, first my husband resit for IElTS , then me, then this long wait for ECA.Going to loose points in January due to my husband's age.

Reactions: Saidkhan

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Hey guys any chances of 417 till July 2018. My ielts expires in July next year. Appeares again for ielts and did not make it. Analaysts plz give me some hope boosters