+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope 67th Draw

X

xibalban

A shoutout to my friends and well wishers @BillHyatt, @mqamar, @andieangel, @iamxty, @KingKurly, @xibalban, @arunroy007 @tjsecondtry and others who've always supported me with kind words of encouragement, I've some news to share with you all:

After exactly one month and one week since I applied, I've finally received my nomination from Ontario.

Many thanks and kind regards.
Congratulations!! You made it into the "No Country for Old Men".
I had been away for a while, and had been reading the missed posts of this thread.
The @lino82 vs @mqamar1994 fight of wordy fists was a treat. Two matured people losing their minds over a storm in a coffee cup. Familiarity breeds contempt, so true.

Also, I noticed a lot of new members. Welcome fellas!! I envisage the Northern Lights Resort booked to the brim. I also realised that there was no draw on Wednesday, hence assuring a 200% draw on 12th July.

NOIs from Ontario seemed to have garnered more attention, and I can sense the anxiety in everyone. To be or not to be. I see that the 449 shocker has shaken everyone up.

Also, I didn't find @ivancabrer here much, and instead found @BillHyatt more active this time around.

Keep the thread alive friends, and I will add my personal touch here with something that this forum adores. Yes, a prediction:

12th July: CRS 421 if ITAs > 3600

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
I had been away for a while, and had been reading the missed posts of this thread.
The @lino82 vs @mqamar1994 fight of wordy fists was a treat. Two matured people losing their minds over a storm in a coffee cup. Familiarity breeds contempt, so true.

Also, I noticed a lot of new members. Welcome fellas!! I envisage the Northern Lights Resort booked to the brim. I also realised that there was no draw on Wednesday, hence assuring a 200% draw on 12th July.

NOIs from Ontario seemed to have garnered more attention, and I can sense the anxiety in everyone. To be or not to be. I see that the 449 shocker has shaken everyone up.

Also, I didn't find @ivancabrer here much, and instead found @BillHyatt more active this time around.

Keep the thread alive friends, and I will add my personal touch here with something that this forum adores. Yes, a prediction:

Unless they drastically increase the number of ITAs issued in the next draw, 421 CRS cut off is impossible.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Unless they drastically increase the number of ITAs issued in the next draw, 421 CRS cut off is impossible.

@xibalban we were just trying to liven things up a bit & and this is ray of hope not ray of saints ;)...& we will draw our swords once in a while :pbut see how everyone came around and smoothened it out quick:D...
@abhishek89....give or take few points...he's a fiction writer and fiction do stretch a bit away from reality...;)...
I'd put around 430+/- 2 for 12th July...:confused:
--

jaybee2

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a stupid question, I tried understanding by my own but I am getting on how the score distribution tells the story of CRS score in the future. Is it the lower number candidates, the better chance? Thanks for the help!
The distribution shows the number of candidates in each band (e.g. 411- 420 is 1,968 as at June 22). What we do is use the same draw size as the previous draw (in this case ~3400) and see where the score will fall.
P.S. bear in mind that those above 449 would have been flushed in the last draw.
New candidates would have been added each week since the last distribution.

Hope this helps!!!

Souj2206

May 22, 2017
Did anyone having CRS below 400 and who comes under any of the targeted NOCs, receive NOI from OINP this week?

Waiting impatiently for the NOI :(

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your brother is right, it is always good to grab the opportunity that you have than wait for the opportunity you might get in future.

My personal opinion about accepting NOI. Entirely up to you guys to take the decision.

Unless you are in a situation where you are unable to pay the 1500 CAD right now, go for OINP if you have a CRS below 413.

If you are reluctant to pay the 1500 CAD because it looks like a lot of money even though you can afford to pay right now, think about it, it is just the amount you would earn in 14-15 days (working 8 hours a day) doing a minimum wage job (paying 13-14 CAD per hour) in Ontario.

In any case, it totally depends on your risk appetite to make this decision.
I agree with you word by word. I am having difficulty with PoF but with OINP fee, my brother-in-law will pay for me in a heartbeat. I am trying to find some advice with how i can manage PoF as my parents spent all our money buying land in multiple places few months ago. My elder brother-in-law can't help. Apparently from Spain you can only send 2000 every two months. I don't even know if anyone other than blood relative can help me with fund for this purpose. Hence still searching for advice in that regard. As my CRS is 403, it will be long while before the cut-off can get to that stage. Hence OINP is definitely is a faster route atm. On the other hand, i do have a strong feeling with my current level of commitment i can achieve CLB 9 in IELTS which i plan to give on 29th. That will of course save me the hassle of arranging additional work related documents from other country for which i am not even claiming points. However, i came to the understanding from our good member who got her nomination from Ontario today, it can be done without all mandatory documents as per their need as long as you can explain it well and provide as much documents as possible. Hence my plan is to keep preparing for IELTS and arranging documents for the OINP simultaneously. Thanks a lot for your advice. Do appreciate it :)

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great motivation!! bravo!!

I am on the same situation. My csq application is under processing of over 12 months. Now I have received NOI from Ontario with CRS 425!

should I go for OINP application?
Over 12 months for Quebec program! That's insane rite? Just last year i had no hope other than Quebec immigration program. I spent 8 months learning french and was going to appear in DELF as well. After the Nov changes and seeing the affect early this year, i stopped learning French as we don't have TEF exams in my country. At least you are in Canada already, i would have gone insane just waiting for the nomination. Phew. You will get direct ITA bro, no need to accept the NOI. You probably got plenty of advice by now eh! Good weekend ;)

Reactions: Mjkab

financeguy

Jun 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I know this is the Ray of Hope thread but since this is the most visited thread in this forum I need to put this question here:

I got my IELTS results today after my 2nd attempt and I´m furious, the first time I took the test in May my results were L/R/W/S (7/8/8/8).

I took the test again in June trying to improve my Listening score and my new results are these: L/R/W/S (8.5/8/6.5/8). How can it be possible than they have marked my Writing as 6.5 when last month they gave me an 8?

This time I even wrote more words and had more time to spend in the Writing section.

I need a 7. Should I go for revaluation?
This is a very unusual drop in band, specially when it is writing. You just have to think it through and try making some comparison between the 2 attempts. If you think your performance was similar, you should go for a revision. Because 8 to 6.5 can't just be possible without something seriously wrong.

Reactions: Arod

financeguy

Jun 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I know this is the Ray of Hope thread but since this is the most visited thread in this forum I need to put this question here:

I got my IELTS results today after my 2nd attempt and I´m furious, the first time I took the test in May my results were L/R/W/S (7/8/8/8).

I took the test again in June trying to improve my Listening score and my new results are these: L/R/W/S (8.5/8/6.5/8). How can it be possible than they have marked my Writing as 6.5 when last month they gave me an 8?

This time I even wrote more words and had more time to spend in the Writing section.

I need a 7. Should I go for revaluation?
This is a very unusual drop in band, specially when it is writing. You just have to think it through and try making some comparison between the 2 attempts. If you think your performance was similar, you should go for a revision. Because 8 to 6.5 can't just be possible without something seriously wrong.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone having CRS below 400 and who comes under any of the targeted NOCs, receive NOI from OINP this week?

Waiting impatiently for the NOI :(
No not yet. Still waiting.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
A shoutout to my friends and well wishers @BillHyatt, @mqamar, @andieangel, @iamxty, @KingKurly, @xibalban, @arunroy007 @tjsecondtry and others who've always supported me with kind words of encouragement, I've some news to share with you all:

After exactly one month and one week since I applied, I've finally received my nomination from Ontario.

Many thanks and kind regards.
Congratulations @Wandering Mind, am so happy for you, always ready to help others. Hopefully I will get my own soon as well.
Hope you have all documents ready for ITA next week:D

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Although I am on vacation and enjoying it, I think about draw a lot! Why there was none! Sometimes I feel Canada will never come for me! :( I know everything in life has the right time and place but it's really hard to wait! A moment of weakness, sorry! :(
Cheer up girl and enjoy your vacation, we will all get there soon. Is just a matter of time.

Reactions: andieangel

Arod

May 15, 2017
Right. It doesn´t make any sense. I think on this occasion my performance was actually better as I used more words than last time and took better care of my hand writing.

How can my score decrease by 1.5 in a matter of one month???? It´s ridiculous.