Med's Done....
28-07-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
18-06-2018
Helloo everyone :)

I have an off topic question.

Im sitting at 422. I plan to get married in September. If things go well and I receive an ITA before that and also submit my application i.e. eAPR then will I be able to add my spouse later to the application? I read it somewhere that there is no need for ECA/IELTS for the spouse. Im worried. I dont want to stay alone in canada for 18 months :( because spousal visa processing times are huge. Do you Guys have any idea about this.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
Hi all please I have some questions regarding ontario provincial nominee. Please help if you can.
1= Do ontario invite anybody that is above 400 with any NOC or is there required NOC? My husband's NOC is 2145.
2= How long is their processing?
3= If we get ontario nominee, how long can we stay in ontario before moving to another province? Thanks in advance.

Nc31

May 10, 2017
It will go below 400 sooner or later.

A lot of people who believe that the CRS will never fall to 400 or below are driven by fear for their futures and are completely ignoring the trends and statistics that point toward a continuous decline in CRS.

Don't believe everything you hear. Do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

All the best.
I pray so, by December we will lose 10 points

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
You make some valid points about being proactive and not waiting for things to fall into our laps. But you've overlooked a major stumbling block that keeps people from achieving a higher score - age.

Consider my example - I've a Masters degree and CLB10 in IELTS but my CRS is a meagre 403. Why? Because I'm older than those who get 100 points just because they were born a decade after me ;)

My point is, it's not as simple as you think it is to increase CRS for some of us unless we do a PhD (atleast 4 years), learn French (atleast 1 year) or get an OINP (1500 CAD)

Thanks for listening to my rant ;) Good luck.
You can join me for a Canadian master's degree, lol. Yes, it will be Nov 2018 when I finish, but if all the youngsters start applying, it might be necessary. It would be great if OINP would drop the score. Cheaper than the master's. French is still the least expensive option, but for me, the hardest. Although I'm having fun rewatching Sense8 in french with french subtitles. Hopefully that will improve my ability to sort out words at the rapid fire pace french is spoken by skilled people.

Reactions: andieangel

ivancabrer

May 5, 2017
Santo Domingo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......

Im sitting at 422. I plan to get married in September. If things go well and I receive an ITA before that and also submit my application i.e. eAPR then will I be able to add my spouse later to the application? I read it somewhere that there is no need for ECA/IELTS for the spouse. Im worried. I dont want to stay alone in canada for 18 months :( because spousal visa processing times are huge. Do you Guys have any idea about this.
Some people have said before in these forums that you could make that. Add her to the process after making e-APR.
If you get married after that, maybe they really accept it. But I don't have the official information, just hearsay.

So, if I was you, I'd prefer to be on the safe side to avoid any suspicion from IRCC.
So I'll ask you a couple questions.
Does she have any english language skills?
Does she have any post secondary education?
Have you checked what your score would be, given that she does her ECA and takes the IELTS with average grade?
Please calculate your score. If above 400, I'd suggest to be preparing every document, marry, and then complete the process as a couple.
That's only my personal opinion.

Here's the link to the CRS calculator.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Reactions: mqamar1994

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
There are 2 questions asked when you create your EE profile:
1. When did you become eligible to practice this profession?
2. The experience (they have a note here saying "the years of experience do not include apprenticeship")
So in my opinion you can not claim points for CA articles, however, get an expert opinion may be they would know specific cases wherein someone might have got it accepted or rejected.
PS. I am a CA and not claiming any points for articleship. Thanks
Same here. I am a CA and CMA and not claiming points for articleship. Anyway my post qualification work experience of 7 years is already enough to give me maximum points.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......

CIC rules are that both at the time of ITA and at the time of submission of eAPR, you should have equal or more points than the cut off point for the draw you got ITA for...
it means ur score will be recalculated at the time when they start the process on ur eAPR...
In the event of you submitting eAPR before your marriage,your eligibility not be affected..however you are required to update any changes in ur personal details to CIC and I believe you can notify CIC about your marriage immediately after marriage through a CSE.
in the event of you getting married before getting an ITA,you should update your EE to that effect.
In the even of u getting married after getting ITA and before eAPR is submitted,your CRS will be recalculated and you are sure to be rejected if the new score (with spouse) is lower than the cut off for the draw on which you got ITA...so it may be wise to decline your ITA and update ur EE with the spouse details.
If you get married between ITA and eAPR and,your new score still remain above the cut off, you can proceed with eAPR and raise a CSE and ask spouse to be included.write a letter of explanation.

Last edited: