+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 59th draw!

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Hi guys,

My express entry profile had 430 points.
After my bday on 8th April, I saw the profile and it says 426 points
Can anyone help me understand this?

Malukushal

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi there,

I had 406 points but after retaking IELTS and securing CBL 9, my score jumped to 460. I had got my husband's WES done but my profile won't update this information and it's been a month for this issue now :( I don't wana miss upcoming draw due to this problem!

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Malukushal said:
Hi there,

I had 406 points but after retaking IELTS and securing CBL 9, my score jumped to 460. I had got my husband's WES done but my profile won't update this information and it's been a month for this issue now :( I don't wana miss upcoming draw due to this problem!
Delete/withdraw the application and start a new application with the same GC key. Goodluck

hamiltondreamer

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Please I have a question on reference letter. The job I am basing my application on was between 2007-2012. I have no problems getting a letter. My new job on the other hand is a government job and I rather not ask. So my question is do I need a reference letter from my current employer or just for the one I am claiming points for?
Also a follow up question: When an applicant fills part of it's job experience as self employed, what kind of reference letter do you need or will the person just submit company registration and all. Thank you for your anticipated feedback.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
iverma said:
Hi guys,

My express entry profile had 430 points.
After my bday on 8th April, I saw the profile and it says 426 points
Can anyone help me understand this?
Points start decreasing once you turn 30 years old. But the decrease in points is in multiples of 5. In your case, the points decreased by 4. Can you share your profile with us so that we can help you better?

tiwalope

Feb 12, 2017
yuanteo said:
hi guys!! please continue to update the excel sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mJH42mM6V_lwI5gUwH3E_BAYaJL-direp5U41J1h6Bk/edit?usp=sharing

so we all get a feel of the sample of people in the pool! this is especially for new candidates who are joining in!

Thank you!!
couldnt not update.Please change mine to 416

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Maverick,
My wes report got generated 10 days back, but i havent received it by mail yet. My wife's got completed just 1 day prior to mine, but she received her's 5 days back.
Same address. I chose canada mail instead of courier, so cannot track it either.
Do we need to present physical papers to cic or downloaded copy from their site is enough.
If i really need physical copy, how do i go about getting it, in case i dont receive it in say, one more week?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Confused_oldman said:
Hello Maverick,
My wes report got generated 10 days back, but i havent received it by mail yet. My wife's got completed just 1 day prior to mine, but she received her's 5 days back.
Same address. I chose canada mail instead of courier, so cannot track it either.
Do we need to present physical papers to cic or downloaded copy from their site is enough.
If i really need physical copy, how do i go about getting it, in case i dont receive it in say, one more week?
You can use the online report. The physical copy will be same. You do not need the physical copy anyway. CIC just needs the report number and date as they have access to WES database and they verify the information directly.

In case you need the physical copy, you will need to re-order one from their website, which in my opinion, is a waste of money.

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamiltondreamer said:
Please I have a question on reference letter. The job I am basing my application on was between 2007-2012. I have no problems getting a letter. My new job on the other hand is a government job and I rather not ask. So my question is do I need a reference letter from my current employer or just for the one I am claiming points for?
Also a follow up question: When an applicant fills part of it's job experience as self employed, what kind of reference letter do you need or will the person just submit company registration and all. Thank you for your anticipated feedback.
hi, as far as i've read up on the forums, you can just submit reference letters for those which have points and the rest is in personal history. you need to make sure that it is within the last 10 years though.

for self employment, attaching a resume, writing a letter declaring your job scope, attaching pay information (that you receive from the company) would probably be useful. any kind of information that gives evidence for the job and the job experience would be useful.

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Points start decreasing once you turn 30 years old. But the decrease in points is in multiples of 5. In your case, the points decreased by 4. Can you share your profile with us so that we can help you better?
Hello Maverick,

PFB the details:
I am the primary applicant
Education : Btech in Electronics and Communication
DOB : 8th April 1987
Experience: 7 years in India as Software Engineer

IELTS Score:
R:8.5
W:7.0
L:8.5
S: 8.0

My husband's details: