+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope 59th draw!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Confused_oldman said:
It should never have been 430 in the first place. It should have been 431. Your spouse has a post graduate diploma so it is not masters. You got 430 maybe because your spouses diploma wasn't considered and he got bachelors equivalent points only. Or did you add his diploma recently? If not, You should have recreated profile right then. BTW were you in the pool for the last draw of 431? If so hard luck.
After change in age your points got recalculated and is correct now with 5 points deduction at 426.
Use this link to calculate your points.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Good point! If it was 431 before then 426 right now makes sense.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
laisluba said:
Thanks!!!

Mine is also pending additional criteria although I've received the confirmation of jobbank submition.
What does that mean???
dont worry it will take around 24 hours to be updated

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Guys, I've a question about OINP.

On their website it says: "Prospective applicants are encouraged to create a new profile in the Express Entry (EE) system to make it easier for Ontario to identify their profile during its search of the federal government’s Express Entry pool. Please note that if you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile."

What does this mean?

Confused_oldman

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lot of people started reporting 1 point reduction even if they had 2 or more degrees or diplomas for their spouses, begining around January this year.
Maybe it was an error in the system and is now fixed.
Nothing else makes sense for points to change from 430 to 426 with age increase.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Wandering Mind said:
Guys, I've a question about OINP.

On their website it says: "Prospective applicants are encouraged to create a new profile in the Express Entry (EE) system to make it easier for Ontario to identify their profile during its search of the federal government’s Express Entry pool. Please note that if you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile."

What does this mean?
It means if you are aiming for OINP, then delete your current profile and create a new one. In the last draw, many people with new profiles got the nomination as compared to people with older profile.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
Predictions about the next draw guys???? is there a ray of hope for people in mid 420's as this forum is mentioned as ray of hope???

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Maverick28 said:
It means if you are aiming for OINP, then delete your current profile and create a new one. In the last draw, many people with new profiles got the nomination as compared to people with older profile.
Ah! Thanks! What a lazy bunch of government employees ;)

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
sami726 said:
Predictions about the next draw guys???? is there a ray of hope for people in mid 420's as this forum is mentioned as ray of hope???
If the next draw is the 12th and you are sitting 425+ you have more than a ray of hope, you have a very large hope.

It all depends if they do back to back draws, if they want (for whatever reason) to keep the cut off at 430ish all they have to do is wait 2/3 weeks for a draw.

If they do another 2 draws this month, the CRS score will explode to a record new low just based on the CRS and related amount of people in the draw as of end of March.

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
robb83 said:
If the next draw is the 12th and you are sitting 425+ you have more than a ray of hope, you have a very large hope.

It all depends if they do back to back draws, if they want (for whatever reason) to keep the cut off at 430ish all they have to do is wait 2/3 weeks for a draw.

If they do another 2 draws this month, the CRS score will explode to a record new low just based on the CRS and related amount of people in the draw as of end of March.
i don't think they have any reason for keeping the score above a certain level especially if people above 400 are generally well qualified. at the end of the day they can't promise anything cuz it's all a matter of supply and demand...

Mermaid222

Mar 16, 2017
I was seeing a problem with my score as my spouse was only awarded 8 points for his bachelors degree plus three other one year post grad certificates, I resubmitted yesterday and have had the points increased to 9 (I know it is only one point but it can make a difference) we are now at 418. There must have been an issue which is now resolved but required you to effectively resubmit your profile.

Hope this makes sense.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Hi Maverik

I have one question for you.

I am a MBA in International Business, so in my filed of study should I select Business/Commerce or Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services

And Secondly, I have my experience in two job codes

1112 - From Dec 2007 - Jan 2014
0125 - From Jan 2015 - till present

Which code should I select as primary, please reply to this I am really confused and need your help.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Iampositive said:
Hi Maverik

I have one question for you.

I am a MBA in International Business, so in my filed of study should I select Business/Commerce or Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services

And Secondly, I have my experience in two job codes

1112 - From Dec 2007 - Jan 2014
0125 - From Jan 2015 - till present

Which code should I select as primary, please reply to this I am really confused and need your help.
I think it should be Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services.

As far as NOC is concerned, you will get more points for 1112 as you have more than 3 years of work experience in that NOC.

Iampositive

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-07-2017
Maverick28 said:
I think it should be Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services.

As far as NOC is concerned, you will get more points for 1112 as you have more than 3 years of work experience in that NOC.
Thanks, but is it ok, to add my primary occupation as 1112, even if it is not my current job?

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Good point! If it was 431 before then 426 right now makes sense.
It was never 431 but 430. Now it's showing 426.
I would have got an ITA at 431 :). I m confused about 4 point drop as it shud be 5 point as per express entry point allocation.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
iverma said:
It was never 431 but 430. Now it's showing 426.
I would have got an ITA at 431 :). I m confused about 4 point drop as it shud be 5 point as per express entry point allocation.
Like someone mentioned before, there was a bug in the system which allocated 1 point less for accompanying spouse if they had 2 or more degrees. So in your case, the system should have calculated your CRS to be 431 but it reduced that 1 point and made it 430 instead.

The bug has now been resolved and that is why you got that extra 1 point I guess.