+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 118th Draw

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Is this true? They don't mention anywhere separately for Canadian and non-canadian education from what I have seen. I also didn't study in Canada, so it would be great if that's true. Can you give a link from where this is mentioned?
Yes. Source please. Thank you.

Reactions: Lazybug

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I strongly think it is 461 which will come down to 454 and 452 451 450 by August which would be the 7th draw and in September generally they have pnp and then last quarter for people with scores of 445 to 440
Now further calculations can only be predicted after the upcoming draw. However, We anticipate that Q3 & Q4 will bring good news for all of us.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Your recent study course was completed in 2016? After that are you on work permit?

Besides, as you have Australian degrees why didn't you opted for Australian skilled immigrant stream?
Yes. Officially got my final exam result in JuIy 2016. Graduation ceremony was on Sept 2016.

I was actually waiiting for ITA for Australian PR too...I just got unlucky after I graduate, the point system kept on increasing until now. They make it tough for Accounting graduate like me to get PR because of high points requirement.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I was actually waiiting for ITA for Australian PR too...I just got unlucky after I graduate, the point system kept on increasing until now. They make it tough for Accounting graduate like me to get PR because of high points requirement.
Ah, I see. Yes, earlier it was 60, but now they have added 5 more points in the eligibility criteria.

Anyways, from October 2016 your experience is valid for the points to be claimed, whether it is full time/part time.

Nsidhu

Apr 27, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-06-2019
I replied later... it was a misunderstanding... I believe we were both talking about the need to do another biometrics if you already had one, even if it was recently done.
And yes.. the fact remains that for permanent residence application; you MUST do a biometrics even if you recently had one and is still valid for a temporary residence purpose.
My question now is the timing.... can it be done upfront before submitting an application?
Regards.
Ok .. so cic send a letter for biometrics in your account after AOR when they need it... even sometimes people are exempted (inlands),,, so I don't think so you can give it earlier

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Ah, I see. Yes, earlier it was 60, but now they have added 5 more points in the eligibility criteria.

Anyways, from October 2016 your experience is valid for the points to be claimed, whether it is full time/part time.
Thank you for your valuable info.

Yes. Generally, eligible point was 60. But for accountant and other high demand occupations in IT and engineering it was 70 after I graduated. I maxed out on IELTS and by the time I have 70 points, the cut off point for Accountant occupation was 75, hahaha

And guess what, now is 90. Their Immigration really tough now. Only 500 invitation per month now. So sad. I wish I opted for Canada earlier as I would still have valid CLB 10 IELTS,too...

Now Canadian EE points kept increasing too and I can't claim 3 years experience as well. I'm so unlucky hey?? Hahaha

But, I still have high hope. Otherwise my last resort would be pursuing grad diploma or master degree in Canada, I guess..

Reactions: NikSharma01

Lazybug

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Thank you for your valuable info.

Yes. Generally, eligible point was 60. But for accountant and other high demand occupations in IT and engineering it was 70 after I graduated. I maxed out on IELTS and by the time I have 70 points, the cut off point for Accountant occupation was 75, hahaha

And guess what, now is 90. Their Immigration really tough now. Only 500 invitation per month now. So sad. I wish I opted for Canada earlier as I would still have valid CLB 10 IELTS,too...

Now Canadian EE points kept increasing too and I can't claim 3 years experience as well. I'm so unlucky hey?? Hahaha

But, I still have high hope. Otherwise my last resort would be pursuing grad diploma or master degree in Canada, I guess..
Welcome aboard on the unlucky boat!

Similar story with me but only from Germany. Decided to come back home this year and expected Canada to happen quickly with 448. And then the score went upto 457 the next draw. Now I am waiting for months, and 448 seems far away.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Welcome aboard on the unlucky boat!

Similar story with me but only from Germany. Decided to come back home this year and expected Canada to happen quickly with 448. And then the score went upto 457 the next draw. Now I am waiting for months, and 448 seems far away.
Thank goodness,atleast I am not alone on the unlucky boat, hahaha....Still big waves coming our way but I hope it will be smooth sailing for us after couple of draws. Amen

Reactions: Lazybug

tntv

May 2, 2019
With more than 35,000 people within 401-450 and almost 2,000 from 451 upward, I would say anyone below 450 will need to compete for the last 1,350 slots. My guess is the cut-off will not go down lower than 445 at least until August. By then, another wave of Canadian-based students graduated will also ride on this trend and the points might possibly stay stable until end of year.

indpnv

Mar 16, 2018
United States
With more than 35,000 people within 401-450 and almost 2,000 from 451 upward, I would say anyone below 450 will need to compete for the last 1,350 slots. My guess is the cut-off will not go down lower than 445 at least until August. By then, another wave of Canadian-based students graduated will also ride on this trend and the points might possibly stay stable until end of year.
To clarify, what's are the 1350 slots you mentioned?