Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Hello Folks
Hope you all are doing great. Thanks for all the posts on here which have helped numerous foreign workers to breathe a sigh of relief on various issues.
I have a rare problem and I cannot seem to find out the solution for it. Since i couldnt find anyone on this forum who went thru the same issue like me, its driving me crazy trying to find answers.
Here is the case.
2010 studied at GBC for a year
2011 Worked at TD for a year on PGWP.
2012 PGWP almost expired, TD unable to give an LMO, had to sadly leave the job and settle for another employer who did give me an LMO. Got an LMO until May 2014 which saved my exit from Canada. 6 months into this new job I was laid off. But then after being laid off I am stuck with a Bound work permit until 2014 but no Job. How does one sort this issue out. Getting a new job and a new LMO is very very tough as you guys knows. I'm exhausted applying for jobs day and night. Its 4 months now and ive been without a job. Its getting really difficult to survive as my spending out of my savings.
IT FEELS LIKE IM A DEAD VEGETABLE AND THE WHEELS OF MY LIFE HAVE TOTALLY STOPPED MOVING.
I will be applying under CEC by next week as I do possess more than 1 year of skilled work exp.
But what am I supposed to do, how do i start my life back and get a job. How do i get rid of my bound Work permit. How do i get an open permit so I can look for jobs anywhere I want to.
Pls Pls advise something, I am out of options, almost running out of money, and totally out of HOPE. I cant afford to sit at home until I get my PR under CEC which may take the whole 13 months.
Any sort of help from anyone here would be very highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot everyone

transformer

Star Member
Jul 12, 2007
unfortunately there is no solution for you to stay in canada and work because there is no bridge to open work permit(unless your australian/european)

i suggest applying for CEC and than going back to your home country and wait it out.....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Winterfox said:
2010 studied at GBC for a year
2011 Worked at TD for a year on PGWP.
2012 PGWP almost expired, TD unable to give an LMO, had to sadly leave the job and settle for another employer who did give me an LMO. Got an LMO until May 2014 which saved my exit from Canada. 6 months into this new job I was laid off. But then after being laid off I am stuck with a Bound work permit until 2014 but no Job. How does one sort this issue out. Getting a new job and a new LMO is very very tough as you guys knows. I'm exhausted applying for jobs day and night. Its 4 months now and ive been without a job. Its getting really difficult to survive as my spending out of my savings.
IT FEELS LIKE IM A DEAD VEGETABLE AND THE WHEELS OF MY LIFE HAVE TOTALLY STOPPED MOVING.
I will be applying under CEC by next week as I do possess more than 1 year of skilled work exp.
But what am I supposed to do, how do i start my life back and get a job. How do i get rid of my bound Work permit. How do i get an open permit so I can look for jobs anywhere I want to.
Pls Pls advise something, I am out of options, almost running out of money, and totally out of HOPE. I cant afford to sit at home until I get my PR under CEC which may take the whole 13 months.
Any sort of help from anyone here would be very highly appreciated.

Don't know that this will make you feel any better, but this is not a rare problem, you are in good company. You didn't mention this, so just in case you haven't already applied, you are probably eligible for Employment Insurance Benefits. It's not a total solution, but it will help -
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sc/ei/index.shtml

As others have mentioned, if you are eligible to apply for permanent residence under the CEC class (new rules as of Jan 2, 2013), you should do so ASAP. If you are eligible, once you receive your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR - anywhere from 1-4 months), then you can apply for a bridging open work permit (BOWP).

CEC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

BOWP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

In the meantime, go back to the GBC career centre for job placement assistance-
http://www.georgebrown.ca/alumni/careerwise/

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Thanks JES_On...That was helpful...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hope so... Unfortunately, I overlooked one detail and am wrong about eligibility for the BOWP - the fact that your current work permit doesn't expire until May 2014.... and the BOWP program is for people whose permits are expiring within 4 months... so you would not be eligible for that until Jan 2014, that's a long wait... Hopefully, you''l have better luck finding a new employer.