vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darac... you will have to ask your employer to get you LMO approval, once you have that, you can apply for closed work permit. In the mean while, you must send your application for PR after receiving nomination.

darac

Dec 3, 2013
vermanaman said:
darac... you will have to ask your employer to get you LMO approval, once you have that, you can apply for closed work permit. In the mean while, you must send your application for PR after receiving nomination.
hm...I don't want to do that. I read somewhere that you can use your nomination certificate instead of LMO and get closed work permit. You don't know anything about that?

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
darac said:
hm...I don't want to do that. I read somewhere that you can use your nomination certificate instead of LMO and get closed work permit. You don't know anything about that?
You can only apply for a BOWP if you got your file number from CIO and 4 months before your current permit expires, you can't use your nomination cert instead of LMO.
If you want to verify it ask advice from CIC or AINP office. All the best.

darac

Dec 3, 2013
maplelove said:
You can only apply for a BOWP if you got your file number from CIO and 4 months before your current permit expires, you can't use your nomination cert instead of LMO.
If you want to verify it ask advice from CIC or AINP office. All the best.
I know about BOWP...nevermind, I'll try my way...thanks

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplelove is right.

You cant get work permit from nomination. You can get nomination then apply pr and get AOR for BOWP.

Or you can get LMO and do it

Can you explain what is your way?

darac

Dec 3, 2013
vermanaman said:
Maplelove is right.

You cant get work permit from nomination. You can get nomination then apply pr and get AOR for BOWP.

Or you can get LMO and do it

Can you explain what is your way?
hey, I just found this http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/helpcentre/faq.aspx?m=f&cid=2&qid=236

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try.
The weird thing is..there are discrepancies between the CIC website, AINP website and AINP facebook page. The AINP fb page, it clearly mentions on several posts that having a nomination does not give you a right to permit or extensions.
If you can find a link of this on CIC, I would say go ahead and apply. If not on CIC, call them and ask. CIC has final decision making power.

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I just submitted my application to CIO in Sydney, NS this morning but I forgot to place the AINP sticker on my envelope.
I went to Canada Post immediately and asked the personnel If could pull out my envelope so I could place the AINP sticker but
they said it cannot be open once it's already been sealed. So I just placed the AINP sticker in the Canada Post envelope.

Do you think it's just fine to place my sticker there?

Thank you.

darac

Dec 3, 2013
vermanaman said:
You can try.
The weird thing is..there are discrepancies between the CIC website, AINP website and AINP facebook page. The AINP fb page, it clearly mentions on several posts that having a nomination does not give you a right to permit or extensions.
If you can find a link of this on CIC, I would say go ahead and apply. If not on CIC, call them and ask. CIC has final decision making power.
I'll call them if I ever get the nomination, but I'm sure its possible based on posts from other people in this situation. Only thing, I can't get work permit that's open. Can't find anything on cic site. What fb page are you talking about?

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
darac said:
I'll call them if I ever get the nomination, but I'm sure its possible based on posts from other people in this situation. Only thing, I can't get work permit that's open. Can't find anything on cic site. What fb page are you talking about?
Yup its not open and you will still be tied to your current employer.
There's a facebook page of AINP for International/Post graduate category. There are lots of questions out there that may shed you some answers. You can bring out your case too.
Good luck.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Netblizz183 said:
Hi Guys,

I just submitted my application to CIO in Sydney, NS this morning but I forgot to place the AINP sticker on my envelope.
I went to Canada Post immediately and asked the personnel If could pull out my envelope so I could place the AINP sticker but
they said it cannot be open once it's already been sealed. So I just placed the AINP sticker in the Canada Post envelope.

Do you think it's just fine to place my sticker there?

Thank you.
Netblizz - According to AINP, the sticker is for reference only to CIC. You can even send your package without the sticker. Placing it on CP envelope wont make a difference. Its all good

Netblizz183

Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermanaman said:
Netblizz - According to AINP, the sticker is for reference only to CIC. You can even send your package without the sticker. Placing it on CP envelope wont make a difference. Its all good

I see. Thank you vermanaman.
I appreciate your response.

darac

Dec 3, 2013
good news...got my nomination today...employer driven stream, skilled (file number 31st
october 2013)

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
darac said:
good news...got my nomination today...employer driven stream, skilled (file number 31st
october 2013)

Congrats Darac.
Finally some news from category other than AWE.
Anyone from International Graduate received it recently?

I received my file number on 24th Oct...Still waiting.....