+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions in Citizenship application

jintianqi622

May 16, 2022
Hi,

I've few questions regarding to some of the questions in the application and I would appreciate any help :)

For question: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

1. For example, if I have US B1 VISA, do I need to include the b1 visa details here?
2. If some countries which grants me visa-free entries, for example Mexico / Korea (South), do I need to add the details for those entries and set the status as "Visitor"?

For question: Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?

1. Would like to confirm if the passports are the only required documentations here. For documents like US B1 Visa, Canada Working Visa, etc... are not included in this question.

For question: Do you have proof of knowledge of English or French?

1. If I select "Post-secondary Education in English", since I have both master and bachelor degrees in Canada, do I need to provide documents for both degrees or one of them will suffice?
2. Will either official transcript or official graduation letter work in this question?

Thanks in advance!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
For question: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?
A B1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa, so NO, you will not include it in this list. The same applies to visa-free travel. Only include your country (or countries) of citizenship and any country where you were granted an immigration status (e.g. a PR in Australia)

For question: Have you ever held travel documents or passports during your 5-year eligibility period?
Only include your passport(s) and/or any travel documents like those mentioned in the list in the link.

Any one should suffice as far as I can tell. Refer this link for acceptable documents. All you need to show is that the language of instruction was in English or French and you should be good.

Reactions: Avneesh Bhandari

mrkuraz

May 24, 2022
A B1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa, so NO, you will not include it in this list. The same applies to visa-free travel. Only include your country (or countries) of citizenship and any country where you were granted an immigration status (e.g. a PR in Australia)

Only include your passport(s) and/or any travel documents like those mentioned in the list in the link.

Any one should suffice as far as I can tell. Refer this link for acceptable documents. All you need to show is that the language of instruction was in English or French and you should be good.

hello,
I have a doubt for the same question " Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth"

Why do we have options like student, Visitor, Worker !!
i used to work and study in other countries but i never got PR or immigration status, It was a temporary residence

Thank you,,

Paul48

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Did you end up listing all the visitor visas and visits to countries you could travel visa free?

May 28, 2018
Hi All I have similar query with regards to while filling up Canadian citizenship application -
* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

As I have studied in France have stayed on resident permit for duration of my studies and work permit for sometime after my study was over but never posses Permanent resident or Citizenship there. Also I had few countries where I have travelled for work either on business/work visa and travel visitor visas for tourism. Do I need to include all these countries when I am doing all application or only mention about my country of birth being its Citizen is only the one I am required to fill up. Appreciated your kind support and response for the same.

Regards
Avneesh

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All I have similar query with regards to while filling up Canadian citizenship application -
* Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

As I have studied in France have stayed on resident permit for duration of my studies and work permit for sometime after my study was over but never posses Permanent resident or Citizenship there. Also I had few countries where I have travelled for work either on business/work visa and travel visitor visas for tourism. Do I need to include all these countries when I am doing all application or only mention about my country of birth being its Citizen is only the one I am required to fill up. Appreciated your kind support and response for the same.

Regards
Avneesh
There are two thought schools in the forum. One who lists all and others only PR and citizenship. You have to decide for urself. I only listed PR and citizenship. Did not mention work and tourist visa.