Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Hey Everyone I am back again!

Your help with the tourist visa extension helped before.

Here is my situation, my wife (Polish) and I (Canadian) got married in Canada while she was in Canada last May on her extended tourist visa. Since then we have been living in Bermuda but after about a year we are deciding to return to Canada and applying for Inland Sponsorship.

My Questions are as follows;

-When entering Canada I am assuming she needs a return flight, in this case we will probably get one back to Bermuda for a tourist visa?
-We are planning on applying for Inland shortly after entering Canada(week or two after), should I disclose this to Immigration upon landing at the airport?
-I noticed that people are including OWP with their Inland application, can we do this as well? She does have a degree in school but no job offer?
- I am assuming if there is really no other requirement for OWP other than the Inland she does not require to extend her visitor visa and thus given implied status while a decision is made for stage 1?

I appreciate any advice you can give me in this situation!

Thanks Again everyone

hooligander

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
First question back to you (it's not 100% clear). Is her visit visa for Canada still valid?

1). I'll defer to another forum member.

2). If you plan to do so, I suggest carrying the completed application with you to present as proof this is what you will be doing. And just say that you still have to gather some of the required documentation before you send it in.

3). Yes, you can. No job offer is required for an OWP.

4). When does her current visa expire, assuming it's still valid?

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Sorry for the confusion

Her other visa is now null and void but we have travelled too and connected in Canada since being in Bermuda within the last year

So to be clear we would be applying for a new tourist visa

Being from Poland she can attain a travel visa at the airport, just a little worried since we are going in with the intent of applying inland should I book a flight with a 6 month gap? or would 2 months be sufficient since we will apply in the mean time.

Cheers

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Can someone help with the last outstanding question

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
She will need to keep a valid tourist visa during the inland application process. At stage 2 she can get an open work permit, but current wait times show it takes 9 months to get to that stage. So she will need a valid visitor visa for around 9 months.

Poland is not a visa-exempt country, so applying for a visitor visa for your wife, when she has no intention of leaving at the end of the visa is actually a little bit tricky. For visa-exampt countries it seems not to be a big deal, but for Poland, depending on the mood of the CBSA officer you may have difficulties.

At the border it might be better to say she will be returning to Poland and have good reasons for why she has to return to poland (work, scool, etc). That will make crossing the border easier.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Poland is both visa and visa exempt country to Canada depending on what kind of passport she holds.

If the wife has a non-biometric passport, she would require a visa to enter Canada.

If she has a biometric passport, then visa is not required.

Screech339

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Thanks so basically my best bet is to tell them that she has an intention of leaving and book a 6 month - 1 year roud trip flight

I dont want to get caught on the border in a situation where she cannot enter, nor do I want to screw with our chances of getting approved on n inland

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
hooligander said:
Thanks so basically my best bet is to tell them that she has an intention of leaving and book a 6 month - 1 year roud trip flight

I dont want to get caught on the border in a situation where she cannot enter, nor do I want to screw with our chances of getting approved on n inland
Yeah, its a tricky situation. But since you are already married they are going to have a strong suspicion she will want to stay permanently.

Is there anyway you can get the biometric passportscreech mentioned? Then you would have an easier time.

Dont worry about the length of time on the visa they give you at the border, because no matter what it is, you can extend it. Even 3 months is fine.

If I were you i would say something like "my wife is coming for 3 months, then going back and finnishing up [ school, business, family stuff, whatever] she can't come to Canada until she has dealt with those things. But next year, when she is finnished, she will be conming to Canada and we will be applying inland." That way you have a believable story and also no real reason for the visa to be denied.

But that's just my opinion. Maybe other people who have brought their spouses in from non-visas exempt countries on a visitor visa can comment? It would be nice to know exactly what CBSA's thinking on this is. Under what circumstances do they allow or reject this kind of visa?

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Thanks guys she actually does have a bio metric passport so its just a matter of talking to immigration then I guess. So confusing, you can apply inland but how do you get in lol

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
hooligander said:
Thanks guys she actually does have a bio metric passport so its just a matter of talking to immigration then I guess. So confusing, you can apply inland but how do you get in lol
Yeah its kind of messed up. If she is visa-exempt then its probably fine to tell them you plan to apply inland. So dont worry about it.