+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding Opportunities Ontario PNP (International Masters Graduate)

hellboy123

Sep 12, 2010
Hi Guys just needed some help.

Opportunities Ontario has recently allowed international students graduating from Ontario Masters programs to apply for permanent residence without a job offer. They can apply in their last semester.

Guys please help me with the follwoing questions:

1> After finishing my masters degree do you think I should first apply for a postgraduate work permit(PGWP which should be valid for a year) and then apply for PNP? In this way even if i dont get the nomination I atleast have the right to work for a year as I have the PGWP. or

2>Is it possible to apply for PGWP, if I am not nominated by Ontario?

3>How long do you think this opportuity would be available for? I am planning to do my Masters degree from Canada in Sept 2011 and should finish by Sept 2012. So would apply for PNP around Sept 2012. Do you think this opportunity for master students will still be available at that time?

Cheers

prof456

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
1> It's a no-brainer. You are eligible for a PGWP even without a job. You'd be wise to do just that..!

2> As soon as you graduate, you are eligible for a PGWP. Your eligibility has nothing to do with the Ontario PNP.

3> The new Ontario PNP is aimed at Post-graduates. It's a pilot program and may be around in 2012....I doubt anyone knows. However, you are only eligible for the PNP when you graduate.

Goodluck!

Jay_Ramon

Sep 15, 2013
I am a Ontario Masters graduate, applied for PNP on 1st May 2013. Due to quota getting over on September 20th 2013, I could not become a nominee in 2013. Meanwhile my Post graduate work permit expired on November 13th 2013 and I was compelled to quit my job and leave the country as I could not get a sponsorship for workpermit from my employer.

Now I am back to my home country and the Ontario PNP says my nomination is approved and I am to get my certificate in February (I guess they are waiting for the quota for 2014 to come thru). However the Masters PNP requires the candidate to be within Ontario and the PNP office staff said that I should have 'maintained the status' within the country. She din't know how the PNP will work for me under this category as I have left the country.
She said she will talk to authorities and get back to me. No time line given.

Anyone else who has been in this situation? from Masters PNP program? How can I get the PNP certificate and enter the country again? They have ruined my career 20% with there actions already. I feel frustrated.

Any advice is helpful.

Jay

proud2bhindustani

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
Hi jay ,
From what I have heard , u should be on a valid status in canad for them to process ur application , they cannot process if u don't have a valid status, try to apply for lmo n get ur status for dem to approve ur pnp nomination

mapleplease

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
09-09-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING (Already in Canada)
Jay_Ramon said:
I am a Ontario Masters graduate, applied for PNP on 1st May 2013. Due to quota getting over on September 20th 2013, I could not become a nominee in 2013. Meanwhile my Post graduate work permit expired on November 13th 2013 and I was compelled to quit my job and leave the country as I could not get a sponsorship for workpermit from my employer.

Now I am back to my home country and the Ontario PNP says my nomination is approved and I am to get my certificate in February (I guess they are waiting for the quota for 2014 to come thru). However the Masters PNP requires the candidate to be within Ontario and the PNP office staff said that I should have 'maintained the status' within the country. She din't know how the PNP will work for me under this category as I have left the country.
She said she will talk to authorities and get back to me. No time line given.

Anyone else who has been in this situation? from Masters PNP program? How can I get the PNP certificate and enter the country again? They have ruined my career 20% with there actions already. I feel frustrated.

Any advice is helpful.

Jay
Why didn't you apply for a Bridging OWP (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp)?