+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question on use of representatives for online applications

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Currently, I am applying to extend my work permit with help of my company's lawyer, and at the same time, applying for PR through EE on my own (company does not support it, though it doesn't oppose it either).

The lawyer has submitted the application (I authorised him as a representative) online, while I'm completing mine on my own (received the ITA in July, finalizing the application this week).

I am wondering the following:

- Is there any way I can see what the lawyer has submitted on my behalf ? I just want to check what they have done, and in particularly, if they had done it on the date they said they did. Can I link this application to my account or can I call CIC and ask ?

- would the lawyer be able to see my express entry application ?

Has anyone had similar experiences ?

I'm keen to confirm if they had submitted it on the correct date, and also would like to see the documents they provided if possible.

Whether they can see my application is less important, as i don;t care much.

Thanks

diundi

Oct 11, 2015
eddie_in_NL said:
Hi,

Currently, I am applying to extend my work permit with help of my company's lawyer, and at the same time, applying for PR through EE on my own (company does not support it, though it doesn't oppose it either).

The lawyer has submitted the application (I authorised him as a representative) online, while I'm completing mine on my own (received the ITA in July, finalizing the application this week).

I am wondering the following:

- Is there any way I can see what the lawyer has submitted on my behalf ? I just want to check what they have done, and in particularly, if they had done it on the date they said they did. Can I link this application to my account or can I call CIC and ask ?

- would the lawyer be able to see my express entry application ?

Has anyone had similar experiences ?

I'm keen to confirm if they had submitted it on the correct date, and also would like to see the documents they provided if possible.

Whether they can see my application is less important, as i don;t care much.

Thanks

Hi,

I've also applied in the same situation i.e. applied for WP extension using a lawyer of my company and applied PR on my own. I selected use of representative as No on my PR application.

But within a week I received a letter asking to fill representative form. I am not sure why they are asking for representative form. Would they be asking for WP representative form. Did you upload the representative form of your WP application to support your PR application.

I need to respond within a week. Kindly reply ASAP if you can shed some light to this situation.

Thanks & Regards,
Chetan

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I submitted my application in the end, and responded NO to use of representative as you did.

They never asked me for that form. I see that my mailing address is that of the lawyers firm, but I can still access my application and I still receive emails from cic (last week got sch A and rcmp request).

I do not know if the lawyers have received it too, though it doesn't really matter as long as receive the emails.

On Ecas I could initially see the mailing address and had the option to modify it if I wanted. This is no longer the case, right now I only my residential address not the mailing address anymore.

I'm not sure how you should respond but I see two options:

Perhaps you can upload the WP form and attach a letter explaining the use of representative is for the WP application only, and not for the PR application.

The second option is to simply state you're not using a representative, explain in a letter, and not submit the form.