+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about relationship evidence

Empenguin

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Toronto
Hi guys,

We are assembling our relationship evidence, and we're not sure what to do about all the letters and cards we've given each other. We were thinking about taking high resolution photos of them, and printing them out on a good colour printer. Do you think is adequate? I've read that sending the originals is okay because they will return everything, but these letters are extremely precious to us and we're uneasy about risking losing them.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Empenguin

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hey Empenguin,
I have the same concern. My wife and I have many postcards that are very valuable to us and we risk the chance of these being lost or damaged in the process. I decided to scan all the cards and posted envelopes and print out the copies to add to my file pile :)...

I figure if they request any originals then I will send them. I think the only reason they would request originals is if they felt the copies were fake.

I hope this helps you!

canthai

canuck_amuck

Star Member
May 23, 2008
Yes, I mad copies as well. I photocopied everything in black and white, but pretty good quality, which should be reasonable.
I copied cards, receipts, letters and bills. I did not send the original of anything, except when requested.

qoolqat

Oct 4, 2007
Do you really want to go to Canada or not? Is the letters and evidence more important than your application to live in Canada?
You will get your whatever documents back without any problem so please just be serious and do as the are requesting, or you have to forget the whole deal.

Good Luck.