twc911

May 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all,

I would like to ask some questions about maintained status which I cannot find the answers from Canadavisa.

First, if I applied for a new work permit before my current work permit expired, I would have maintained status after it expired. After that, If I want to apply for a study permit inland, I will need a valid work permit. So, can I apply for a study permit during maintained status and will maintained status in my case count as a valid work permit?

Second, if I am able to apply for a study permit during maintained status as a valid work permit but the work permit application finally is rejected, will the application of study permit be rejected too due to the application of work permit be rejected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I would like to ask some questions about maintained status which I cannot find the answers from Canadavisa.

First, if I applied for a new work permit before my current work permit expired, I would have maintained status after it expired. After that, If I want to apply for a study permit inland, I will need a valid work permit. So, can I apply for a study permit during maintained status and will maintained status in my case count as a valid work permit?

Second, if I am able to apply for a study permit during maintained status as a valid work permit but the work permit application finally is rejected, will the application of study permit be rejected too due to the application of work permit be rejected.
What is your permit history for you and your wife? There are new rules where you can’t keep extending your stays by switching between studying and working between spouses.

twc911

May 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
What is your permit history for you and your wife? There are new rules where you can’t keep extending your stays by switching between studying and working between spouses.
My wife and I are holding working permit. We will apply for a new closed work permit before current work permit expired and will get maintained status.
However, I am planning to study and apply study permit during maintained status period. For inland application, I will need a valid work permit to apply study permit base on the information from IRCC website. So, my question is, can I apply for a study permit during maintained status and will maintained status in that case count as a valid work permit?

Jun 17, 2024
Hey , I just have one question regarding post graduation work permit will you able to help me ? My studies gonna complete on august 7 and my official transcript would be supposed to receive on September 7. So, in how much days I will receive my work permit according to your experience? After that how much time does it take to receive my TRV ? If I dont receive my work permit on time Is it okay to travel on Maintained status ? Moreover, I have TRV which gonna expire on 31 december 2024 , Is it okay to travel if my trv is expiring on 31st december and I am returning canada on 19th december ? I am confused because I think that border officer gonna ask me that If your TRV is expiring in 10 days then why you are going to canada? Can you explain me this please?