+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Alberta tech pnp

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
If not on NAICS then employer not eligible. You may be eligible just through the EE stream or through AOS since employer is located in Alberta. So you are going to look for another job in one of those provinces or stay with employer. Where does your employer have offices?
I will be staying with the same employer and they have offices in Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Newbrunswick as well. They are willing to provide me an employment letter and relocate as I wish as my work if technically fully remote.

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
I will be staying with the same employer and they have offices in Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Newbrunswick as well. They are willing to provide me an employment letter and relocate as I wish as my work if technically fully remote.
*is fully remote

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
*is fully remote
So being in those provinces will not give you a nomination. For the three you mentioned, your employer needs to be located in those provinces and give you a job offer. And for the Atlantic provinces you need a job with a designated employer. Where is your employer located? Focus on that province for PNP or increase EE score by learning French.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer is sun life and it has offices in every province. Currently I am based out of Ontario
Sun Life is not going to support your nomination, and most likely not even eligible. Have you asked if they will support your nomination for OINP. Focus on Express Entry or OINP-HCP and increasing your score if needed.

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
Sun Life is not going to support your nomination, and most likely not even eligible. Have you asked if they will support your nomination for OINP. Focus on Express Entry or OINP-HCP and increasing your score if needed.
Can I please know the reason why it is not eligible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can I please know the reason why it is not eligible?
Because Sun Life is a major corporation and many companies like Bell, banks and insurance companies will support a nomination. For the Atlantic provinces, they need to become a designated employer and show they cannot hire Canadians or PRs. So ask your HR person, if they will support your nomination and fill out the forms. Many companies don’t want to give financial information, recruiting efforts etc.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I’m in a similar situtation but on an open work permit. My employer would accept a relocation to any province as it’s running countrywide.
Were you able to figure this out? Could you please share your experience. It would definitely be a great help.
Thanks!
No I stuck with Ontario only no idea about Alberta

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
Because Sun Life is a major corporation and many companies like Bell, banks and insurance companies will support a nomination. For the Atlantic provinces, they need to become a designated employer and show they cannot hire Canadians or PRs. So ask your HR person, if they will support your nomination and fill out the forms. Many companies don’t want to give financial information, recruiting efforts etc.
Okay thanks! I haven’t asked if they support with OINP and I wasn’t aware of this. I will ask and see if they do so!
Also my NOC code is 2171 but not sure what’s the equivalent teer for that. I am having hard time finding because my job title is not showing on the noc database. It would be great if you could let me know if you are aware.
Thanks for this big help!

Satyamarya61

Sep 24, 2017
Hello folks, Recently I got my nomination through Alberta tech pathway and I accepted the nomination in my EE profile. Still waiting for ITA. Can I change my job to different NOC code now or moved to another province? My current noc code is 21301 and got the nomination in the same NOC .. please suggest

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello folks, Recently I got my nomination through Alberta tech pathway and I accepted the nomination in my EE profile. Still waiting for ITA. Can I change my job to different NOC code now or moved to another province? My current noc code is 21301 and got the nomination in the same NOC .. please suggest
You certainly cannot change provinces. If you are changing jobs, then I think you would want to stay with the same NOC and make sure your new employer in Alberta is willing to support the nomination.

Satyamarya61

Sep 24, 2017
You certainly cannot change provinces. If you are changing jobs, then I think you would want to stay with the same NOC and make sure your new employer in Alberta is willing to support the nomination.
There should not be any issue, my employer will give me letter. Should I upload the letter in EE profile or also updated with Alberta immigration?

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
Do you think relocating to Manitoba office would be a good option? If I get a reference letter afterwards, would that be sufficient to apply for the skilled worker stream in Manitoba?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you think relocating to Manitoba office would be a good option? If I get a reference letter afterwards, would that be sufficient to apply for the skilled worker stream in Manitoba?
Have you read the requirements. You must have an offer of employer in their office, not a remote position. Ask HR if they will support you with a letter in their Manitoba office(s).Cannot be remote and need to work in their office for at least 6 months. Is your score high enough for a nomination? Job offer doesn’t guarantee nomination.

Reactions: Taran D

Scheun1

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Please I need clarification on this, can a family who is a CEO in Canada employ her cousin to work with her in one of the rural designated area for Alberta Rural Renewal Stream (RRS) path way?

i understand that before an employer can hire foreign workers, he must have satisfied that he cannot see a Canadian or PR who applied or can do the job (LMIA) then he can proceed to hire foreign workers if he can demonstrate that.

Now, for RRS, we are exempted from LMIA, yet the employer still demonstrated that he cant get a PR nor a Canadian to do the job before given a foreign applicant endorsement letter.

If applicant applied to the RRS with the job position from her cousin who is a ceo and got nomination, can the person applied for wp and PR?

KPR1

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
If your employer has an office in Alberta then ask for a new job letter with transfer to Alberta. What is the NOC? This doesn’t guarantee PR.
With the new employer requirements for Alberta Tech Pathway, will "transfer" works?
If someone is getting a transfer from Ontario to Alberta at the same company for same job and then after the transfer, they apply for Tech Pathway, they need to show the new offer letter of their job in Alberta. Is it fine if the offer letter mentions “transfer” in it? I am not sure if AAIP will reject the application?