+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

quebec skilled worker

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
Hi there, I have sent on February 2014 my application file for Quebec skilled worker program. I am a civil engineer 36 years old, married with 2 children 3 and 8 years old, 12 years of experience. IELTS level 6. I have done the online evaluation and I got enough points for this program. I have received ICAS certificate for my university degree.
my application was returned to me on April 17th. They returned it because my credit card was not accepted.
The application was sent again, this time the payment made through check.
Today I received my file back with the note that French certificate is missing.
The first time they sent my file back, they did not mention that it was missing this certificate.
I understand French none. Can somebody explain me the situation?
What should I do?
I can not apply to federal program because they need IELTS level 6 on the 4 categories. I have 6 only on three.
What does it mean s.o in French? It is in the list of documents they have sent to me.
Kind regards

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
If you want to move to Quebec then you really need to speak French. You cannot begin to imagine how important(warranted or otherwise) French is in Quebec. More so if you want to work there. It's so important that if you do move there, your kinds will be put into French schools. They will undergo intensive french immersion programs before being put into a school where everything will be in French except for English. You don't have a choice, it's a law.

Your best shot would be the federal program. There should be something that you can do to get a band 6 for all 4 categories.

amitcanada007

Oct 27, 2014
Okacheese said:
If you want to move to Quebec then you really need to speak French. You cannot begin to imagine how important(warranted or otherwise) French is in Quebec. More so if you want to work there. It's so important that if you do move there, your kinds will be put into French schools. They will undergo intensive french immersion programs before being put into a school where everything will be in French except for English. You don't have a choice, it's a law.

Your best shot would be the federal program. There should be something that you can do to get a band 6 for all 4 categories.
Can you please suggest me if you have enough point to qulify though even "french" will require or some thing else?
coz its a point based system .....so ...

please guide me

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
amitcanada007 said:
Can you please suggest me if you have enough point to qulify though even "french" will require or some thing else?
coz its a point based system .....so ...

please guide me
The points calculator on the MICC website is indicative. It is not a formal judgement of your eligibility. I applied under the Quebec experience class. It has a separate qualifying system. So I am not too sure about the finer prints of the normal points system. Does the MICC actually confirm that you have enough points and so demands that you submit a list of documentations to support it? It seems like you should send whatever you have got to buttress your application.

But one thing is a fact, you need to demonstrate that you understand french or your application is likely to fail. Exceptions do occur but the situation under which it occurs is rare like if someone is already working in Quebec on a work permit. Then MICC may not necessarily demand for some french certification.

Quebec shouldn't be seen as a backdoor into Canada. One should refrain from applying to Quebec unless one knows what he or she is getting into. Quebec is really different and if you underestimate that, you will be in for a rude shock. Speaking French is the most basic requirement in demonstrating fit and suitability to move to Quebec. You might get federal services in English but a lot of things in your life will be in French. If you have a flood in your house and have to call the dryers.....those workers feel more comfortable in speaking French with you. When you go to the clinic, it may be that those healthcare professionals find it easier to communicate in French with you. So French is really an asset. There isn't a need to be an expert, but there is a need to be at least moderately proficient, possessing working command of the language. No french at all means you can't even read what's on restaurant menus or any public notice.

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
Okacheese said:
The points calculator on the MICC website is indicative. It is not a formal judgement of your eligibility. I applied under the Quebec experience class. It has a separate qualifying system. So I am not too sure about the finer prints of the normal points system. Does the MICC actually confirm that you have enough points and so demands that you submit a list of documentations to support it? It seems like you should send whatever you have got to buttress your application.

But one thing is a fact, you need to demonstrate that you understand french or your application is likely to fail. Exceptions do occur but the situation under which it occurs is rare like if someone is already working in Quebec on a work permit. Then MICC may not necessarily demand for some french certification.

The online evaluation even without french knowledge has informed me that I qualify to immigrate to Quebec. This is the reason why I have spend a lot of money in getting IELTS, ICAS and to certify all my documents. If did not know that the french was obligatory, it was not mentioned in the requirements of this program

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
anirod2007 said:
Okacheese said:

The online evaluation even without french knowledge has informed me that I qualify to immigrate to Quebec. This is the reason why I have spend a lot of money in getting IELTS, ICAS and to certify all my documents. If did not know that the french was obligatory, it was not mentioned in the requirements of this program
What does it mean s.o in french because with it are marked the list of the documents they have send to me

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
anirod2007 said:

You know that it has a disclaimer attached to the evaluation right?

The Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration enables you to obtain directly online a free summary evaluation of your chances of being selected by Québec. Note that this It does not , however, lead to a formal decision under An Act Respecting Immigration to Québec, but rather provides you with a positive or negative opinion from the ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion(MIDI) regarding your candidacy.

It's an opinion and so when you submit the application, they can ask for more documents. The interesting bit was that in the document checklist, did it ask for French certificates?

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
anirod2007 said:
What does it mean s.o in french because with it are marked the list of the documents they have send to me
In what context?

Does it appear in a sentence?

How did you fill in the forms when everything was in French?

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
Okacheese said:
In what context?

Does it appear in a sentence?
They sent me a letter with a list.

The first time on April the list was like:

Requerant principal Conjoint Documents requis

x S.O original d'une attestation de resultat du test IELTs etc

S.O other documents etc

The first time I have not send my original IELTS certificate because I did not have one, I sent them only the photocopy.

The second Time I have sent the original, but this time the X was on the original d'une attestation de resultat du test for french language. The first time it was not marked with the X. What has changed, I think that it depends on the person who open the file.
The second response has the mark X only for the french certificate for the principal applicant and some S.O for the Conjoint. This is why I am asking for the S.O because my conjoint has filled all the documents the same as me, so I do not understand.

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
anirod2007 said:
They sent me a letter with a list.

The first time on April the list was like:

Requerant principal Conjoint Documents requis

x S.O original d'une attestation de resultat du test IELTs etc

S.O other documents etc

The first time I have not send my original IELTS certificate because I did not have one, I sent them only the photocopy.

The second Time I have sent the original, but this time the X was on the original d'une attestation de resultat du test for french language. The first time it was not marked with the X. What has changed, I think that it depends on the person who open the file.
The second response has the mark X only for the french certificate for the principal applicant and some S.O for the Conjoint. This is why I am asking for the S.O because my conjoint has filled all the documents the same as me, so I do not understand.
Sans objet. Not applicable.

So if I understood it correctly, the X is just a marker. As the principal applicant, you have to submit the french test result.

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
Okacheese said:
Sans objet. Not applicable.

So if I understood it correctly, the X is just a marker. As the principal applicant, you have to submit the french test result.
So for the not applicable, I should not submit the documents listed there?

Thank you for your replay.
Kind Regards

Okacheese

Oct 28, 2014
anirod2007 said:
So for the not applicable, I should not submit the documents listed there?

Thank you for your replay.
Kind Regards
I'm not sure if you understood the table correctly.

From what you have shared, I understood it as your spouse/partner need not submit those documents. As it doesn't apply to your spouse or partner. You on the other hand, have to send the documents. That is to say, your french certification but not your spouse's french test certification.

patina92086

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-05-2014
anirod2007 said:
Hi there, I have sent on February 2014 my application file for Quebec skilled worker program. I am a civil engineer 36 years old, married with 2 children 3 and 8 years old, 12 years of experience. IELTS level 6. I have done the online evaluation and I got enough points for this program. I have received ICAS certificate for my university degree.
my application was returned to me on April 17th. They returned it because my credit card was not accepted.
The application was sent again, this time the payment made through check.
Today I received my file back with the note that French certificate is missing.
The first time they sent my file back, they did not mention that it was missing this certificate.
I understand French none. Can somebody explain me the situation?
What should I do?
I can not apply to federal program because they need IELTS level 6 on the 4 categories. I have 6 only on three.
What does it mean s.o in French? It is in the list of documents they have sent to me.
Kind regards
If you are not submitting test results of your French language skills, you must so indicate by checking the box provided for this purpose in your " Application for Selection Certificate" form. Did you do that? Go back to your application and check...I guess that is the problem.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Quebec

The issue with Quebec PNP is that knowledge of French is an important factor. Although you may have seen numerous advertisements from consultants saying "No French Required" we believe this is misleading and not good advice. Although everyone will likely get a file number they have very little chance of getting a Quebec Selection Certificate without a B2 (Advance Intermediate) level of French. We do not recommend you apply to Quebec unless you are capable for learning a high level of French and you genuinely intend to live in Quebec

http://www.imcanvisa.com/migratecanada.html

anirod2007

Oct 28, 2014
Okacheese said:
I'm not sure if you understood the table correctly.

From what you have shared, I understood it as your spouse/partner need not submit those documents. As it doesn't apply to your spouse or partner. You on the other hand, have to send the documents. That is to say, your french certification but not your spouse's french test certification.
Yes I totally understood but I did not mentioned it in my reply. I said that for not applicable list, my wife documents are not applicable.