+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

D

David83

mapsora said:
Yes.
In citizenship interview may be they will ask explanation.
Where you already have sign the legal documents.
I signed the document intention to reside in Quebec, but I have the opportunity to have a job outside Quebec. Is this a good reason? I don't want to make anything that would jeopardize my status, but at the same time I have better chances of getting a job outside Quebec.

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
David83 said:
I signed the document intention to reside in Quebec, but I have the opportunity to have a job outside Quebec. Is this a good reason? I don't want to make anything that would jeopardize my status, but at the same time I have better chances of getting a job outside Quebec.
You would need to prove that you did everything in your power to settle and live in Quebec. Otherwise you may be accused of misrepresentation.

D

David83

Hoback said:
You would need to prove that you did everything in your power to settle and live in Quebec. Otherwise you may be accused of misrepresentation.
Thanks. Do you know anyone who has been accused of this?

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
David83 said:
Thanks. Do you know anyone who has been accused of this?
If you leave Quebec then why you did applied for.
Why you did not applied in Express Entry ? :mad:
It is wrong to leave Quebec.
Like you guys Visa Office suspect us for intention the resident in Quebec or not.

Where our genuine intention to resident in Quebec.

D

David83

mapsora said:
If you leave Quebec then why you did applied for.
Why you did not applied in Express Entry ? :mad:
It is wrong to leave Quebec.
Like you guys Visa Office suspect us for intention the resident in Quebec or not.

Where our genuine intention to resident in Quebec.
I have a genuine intention to reside in Quebec. Actually I've been living in Quebec for the last 6+ years between studying and working. But it seems that the job market is very limited in Quebec and I have many more opportunities outside Quebec. I'm still looking for a job in Quebec, and if I find one I will stay. It was just a hypothetical question no need to be judgmental. Let me ask you a question: can an express entry PR work in Quebec?

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
David83 said:
Does anyone know if leaving Quebec (for a job opportunity) after getting the PR card would cause any future problems?
Hi David,

It is a big grey area. As per section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Every citizen/PR of Canada has the right to move to and take up residence in any province; and to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province. However, if immigration can prove that you didn't have any intention to live in Quebec even at the time of application. You can be charged for misrepresentation...and ultimately loose your PR. However, I haven't seen this happening to anyone I know (but once again it is not something happens to everyone)

But If you have genuinely tried to get a job and making living in Quebec and you are getting a better opportunity elsewhere you must have enough proof about your efforts. You should be fine.

D

David83

srm057 said:
Hi David,

It is a big grey area. As per section 6 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Every citizen/PR of Canada has the right to move to and take up residence in any province; and to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province. However, if immigration can prove that you didn't have any intention to live in Quebec even at the time of application. You can be charged for misrepresentation...and ultimately loose your PR. However, I haven't seen this happening to anyone I know (but once again it is not something happens to everyone)

But If you have genuinely tried to get a job and making living in Quebec and you are getting a better opportunity elsewhere you must have enough proof about your efforts. You should be fine.
Thanks. Proof like what?

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
David83 said:
Thanks. Proof like what?
your correspondences for job applications..signed lease for accommodation... if you are moving for a better job ... pay stubs showing better benefits with new job etc. Anything that shows your genuine commitment to live in Quebec.

D

David83

srm057 said:
your correspondences for job applications..signed lease for accommodation... if you are moving for a better job ... pay stubs showing better benefits with new job etc. Anything that shows your genuine commitment to live in Quebec.
OK, I see. Thanks for your responses.

darkmater

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darkmater said:
Hi guys I know maybe this is not the right place to ask the following question, but I have to bcz I have not been abble to get the answer so far. My question is this: I have PhD degree so do I have to put my High school information in Diplomas section at Mon Project profile(I will apply to August intake)? If yes, am I supposed to provide any certificate for this even I dont claim any points for high school education?
Thanks folk, I appreciate your help.
Come on guys! Please advise for my above question.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darkmater said:
Come on guys! Please advise for my above question.
You need to put everything no mater about point.
by the way in this forum no one have any idea about Mon project cause we all are paper base applicant.

fido_dido

Jul 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2016
Doc's Request.
November 2016
AOR Received.
April 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
Passport Req..
5th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
11th January 2017
Hello All

starting 18th of August , QSW will be able to create an online account to better trigger and upload dox to CIC.. the below is the communication..

Q=========
August 18, 2016

Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker
Quebec Investors
Quebec Entrepreneurs
Self–employed persons (including Quebec)
Start-up visa
Caregivers (Caring for people with high medical needs pathway, Caring for children pathway)
========UN

my main concern is that they mentioned that you wont get any emails from them if you link your application to the online account
Q=======
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages by mail. We will contact you through your account.
======UN

dont you think it is NOT logic that I need to login to the account frequently just to check for updates or requests ?!i expected that at least they can send email notifications that a change happened to ur status....this is very common for all other online accounts types....

your opinion please...Thanks :)

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fido_dido said:
Hello All

starting 18th of August , QSW will be able to create an online account to better trigger and upload dox to CIC.. the below is the communication..

Q=========
August 18, 2016

Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker
Quebec Investors
Quebec Entrepreneurs
Self–employed persons (including Quebec)
Start-up visa
Caregivers (Caring for people with high medical needs pathway, Caring for children pathway)
========UN

my main concern is that they mentioned that you wont get any emails from them if you link your application to the online account
Q=======
When your application is linked to your account, you will no longer receive messages by mail. We will contact you through your account.
======UN

dont you think it is NOT logic that I need to login to the account frequently just to check for updates or requests ?!i expected that at least they can send email notifications that a change happened to ur status....this is very common for all other online accounts types....

your opinion please...Thanks :)
After create the accout you can see email notification option you need to tick mark it and enable it.
As a result if you get any update the email notification will tell you that you have got a update.

fido_dido

Jul 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2016
Doc's Request.
November 2016
AOR Received.
April 2016
Med's Done....
December 2016
Passport Req..
5th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
11th January 2017
mapsora said:
After create the accout you can see email notification option you need to tick mark it and enable it.
As a result if you get any update the email notification will tell you that you have got a update.
you mean the below ?
Q=====
I would like to receive monthly updates about my application
=====UN

I guess this is only on monthly basis...correct me if I'm wrong

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
fido_dido said:
you mean the below ?
Q=====
I would like to receive monthly updates about my application
=====UN

I guess this is only on monthly basis...correct me if I'm wrong
In my opinion, it means we would not get an email with attached documents and communications. We will get a general email that . "Your application xxxxxxx has been updated" then we will have to login and see the status. This is what usually happens with my online permit and TRV applications.