+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
Hello everyone,

I need to know if my work experience has to be related to my qualifications if I am applying for immigration to Quebec? Like if i have done Master in Finance, do i have to have work experience in Finance or it can be in other field like marketing or anything else? Will i qualify if i have experience not related to my qualification?

Regards,
Leena

rehaan

May 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2010
AOR Received.
10-06-2011
IELTS Request
Hi,when you will do the self assessment on qubec immigration site
and if your qualification and experience not in same field assessment
result will say you that you are not qualified.

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
Hi, thanks for guiding me

i just want some help on few more points.
1. Please confirm me that do i get points of my spouse language literacy? Suppose if my spouse has some know how of French Language then how would it be proved, whether my spouse has to take a test of French language and then i have to attach the test result with my application? I have read information about quebec immigration, it is only written that the main applicant has to attach his/her language tests not the spouse. So please confirm me how it will be proved that my spouse has French knowledge?
2. Secondly, i am also planning to take classes of French language, right now i dont know about French. If i attach a registration paper with my application that i am taking classes, will this help me?

Please help me understanding those points.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
leenakhan said:
1. Please confirm me that do i get points of my spouse language literacy? Suppose if my spouse has some know how of French Language then how would it be proved, whether my spouse has to take a test of French language and then i have to attach the test result with my application? I have read information about quebec immigration, it is only written that the main applicant has to attach his/her language tests not the spouse. So please confirm me how it will be proved that my spouse has French knowledge?
yes you do get points for your spouse's language proficiency. if you claim points, you have to attach proof.

leenakhan said:
2. Secondly, i am also planning to take classes of French language, right now i dont know about French. If i attach a registration paper with my application that i am taking classes, will this help me?
filing now and just attaching a registration slip, will help to extent. but you have to back this up later on with test scores : TEFAQ / DELF / DALF.

leenakhan

Jan 23, 2011
vibez_well said:
yes you do get points for your spouse's language proficiency. if you claim points, you have to attach proof.

filing now and just attaching a registration slip, will help to extent. but you have to back this up later on with test scores : TEFAQ / DELF / DALF.
Thanks for your guidance. There is one more point, i need to clarify
I have done B.S. (Hons) in Management Sciences, with a specialization in Finance from Pakistan's renowned university - The University of The Punjab. This degree equals to 17 years education. I have also done Masters in Finance after my B.S. from the same institute, in 2008. What I need to know is since Canadavisa.com has stated that the points that can be obtained for training are up to 28 on the basis of the following three sub categories:
1. Level Of Education (Max. 12)
2.Quebec Degree or Equivalent (Max. 6)
3. Areas of Training (Max. 16)
As per my knowledge, my points in the sub-category are 12, as I have a Master's degree. For the second sub-category, I have 6 points, as my degree is equivalent to Quebec diploma. For the third sub-category, I fall in the section C of the List of Areas of Training, as i have a degree related to Business Administration. therefore, I get 6 points in this sub-category. In total, this makes 24 points for me in Training. Can you please tell me if I have calculated my points accurately? I am confused about the second subcategory, is my degree equals to quebec diploma or not. If not then how should i make my degree equivalent to quebec diploma? Would i have to attest my degree from somewhere or would i have to get a certificate that my degree is equal to quebec diploma? "OR" should i send my degree as it is, then quebec will decide whether my degree is equivalent or not? if it gets equal then they will give me points in this subcategory? Please suggest.....

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leenakhan said:
Hello everyone,

I need to know if my work experience has to be related to my qualifications if I am applying for immigration to Quebec? Like if i have done Master in Finance, do i have to have work experience in Finance or it can be in other field like marketing or anything else? Will i qualify if i have experience not related to my qualification?

Regards,
Leena
Go for your online evaluation: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/controler.jsp?languageCode=en
Cheers,

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
faran said:
How much funds to show at POE Quebec, as CSQ holder???????
Faran please check the below link relatif to " Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency"
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/dcs/D21.pdf
From the above form you should have at leastCAD 2800 for 1 adult , 4106 for two adults and CAD 4600 for 2 adults+1kid.

To mention that you should have sign this form when submitting your application

Amissa