Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit5145 said:
Thank you so much for such a speedy reply

Sir

I have taken the assessment test and according to that i am qualified if i complete French's level i guess

Sir how much time does it take for the complete process and is there any special treatment given to any particular occupation.

My Profile is as follow:

-- Working as Technical Support Executive from last 1 year
--Master of computer application
--Bsc Computer Science
--Have to give French Exams A1 A2 B1 B2
--My spouse is MBA
-- Work exp -- less than 6 months in HR recruitment

So if i complete my french level and my wife is also planning to do the same then , i am all set to apply for Quebec.
Please refer below link and count your points.....

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

I am counting your points, according to details you have provided here

Your Points Total Points Factors Details

18 Up to 28 points Training 12 for Schooling Master Degree+ 6 for Area of Training/Computer Science
00 Up to 10 points Validated Employment Offer No Job Offer
04 Up to 08 points Experience 4 Points for 1 year work Experience
16 Up to 16 points Age 18 to 35 years of age
12 Up to 22 points Language Proficiency 6 for English(Advance Level) & 6 for French(A2 Level)
00 Up to 08 points Stay and Family in Quebec No Relative
10 Up to 16 points Spouse's Characteristics Spouse(Education + Area of Training + Age + Language Proficiency)
00 Up to 08 points Children You have not mention that you have any child, 4 points per child
01 ------01 point Financial Self-Sufficiency (Cutoff Score = 1) You must show required bank balance
06 Up to 06 points Adaptability 6 Points for the interview

------
67 Total Points (You are eligible to apply)

Please note, this may not be correct, only visa office decide how much points to award you.

You have to take IELTS and French exam. Your spouse should take French course. If you have children, you can score more points.

You can apply without submitting IELTS and French certificate and can submit certificate on later stage. It process may take 1 year to get CSQ and you must face interview.

It is good, If you pass French A2 level and IELTS exam and then apply. this way, if you score required 63 points, visa office may give you CSQ certificate within 4 months without any interview.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Training (Updated)

The Training criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 28 points are awarded under the Training criterion of Quebec immigration on the basis of the following three subcategories:

Schooling

Points Level of Education

02 points Secondary school general diploma
06 points Secondary school vocational diploma
04 points Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
06 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 1 years of full-time studies
06 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
10 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion
08 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies
10 points Postsecondary school technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies in training listed in Section A or B of the 'Areas of Training' criterion
04 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies
06 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 or more years of full-time studies 6
10 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies 10 points
12 points Master's Degree
12 points Doctorate
12 points Maximum

Quebec Diploma

Points Quebec Diploma

6 points Quebec Diploma or equivalent
6 points Maximum

Areas of Training

Points Areas of Training

16 points Section A of the areas
12 points Section B of the areas
06 points Section C of the areas
02 points Section D of the areas
00 points Section E, F, or G of the areas
16 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Stay and Family in Quebec

The Stay and Family in Quebec criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 8 points are awarded under the Stay and Family in Quebec criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Stay in Quebec

5 points To study for 1 regular full-time semester
5 points To study for 2 regular full-time semesters
5 points To work for at least 3 months
5 points To work for at least 6 months
0 points For Business for at least 1 week
1 points Other stay for no less than 2 weeks and not more 3 months
2 points Other stay exceeding 3 months
5 points Maximum

Points Family in Quebec

3 points Spouse
3 points Son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister
3 points Grandfather or grandmother
0 points Uncle or aunt, nephew or niece
3 points Maximum

Note: To be awarded points under this criterion, the relative or friend must reside in the Province of Quebec.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Spouse's Characteristics

The Spouse's Characteristics criterion (which also applies to Common-law/Conjugal Partners) is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 16 points are awarded under the Spouse's Characteristics criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Spouse's Education Level

1 point Secondary school general diploma
2 points Secondary school vocational diploma
1 point Postsecondary school general diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
2 points Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 1 or 2 years of full-time studies
3 points Postsecondary technical diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies
1 point Undergraduate diploma attesting to 1 year of full-time studies
2 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 2 years of full-time studies
3 points Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 years of full-time studies
3 points Master's degree attesting to 1 or more years of full-time studies
3 points Doctorate
3 points Maximum

Points Spouse's Area of Training

4 points Section A of the areas
3 points Section B of the areas
2 points Section C of the areas
1 points Section D of the areas
0 points Section E, F or G of the areas
4 points Maximum

Points Professional Experience

0 point 6 to 11 months
0 point 12 months or more

Notes:

* Work experience must have been accumulated during the five years preceding the application date.
* Work experience includes remunerated employment and internships, whether remunerated or not.
* As an exception, an international student who has received a diploma from a Quebec university or college (or will receive a diploma within 12 months of the application date) does not need to meet the six month work requirement and is automatically awarded 1 point under the Work Experience criterion.

Points Spouse's Age

3 points 18 to 35 years of age
2 points 36 years of age
2 points 37 years of age
2 points 38 years of age
2 points 39 years of age
1 point 40 years of age
1 point 41 years of age
1 point 42 years of age
0 43 years of age or older
3 points Maximum

Points Spouse's Language Proficiency : French Proficiency

0 - 6 points Oral interaction
0 points Written comprehension

6 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Presence of Accompanying Children

The Presence of Accompanying Children criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 8 points are awarded under the Presence of Accompanying Children criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Accompanying Children : Age of Children

4 points For each child 12 years of age or younger
2 point For each child 13 to 21 years of age
8 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Financial Self-Sufficiency

The Financial Self-sufficiency criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

One point is awarded under the Financial Self-sufficiency criterion of Quebec immigration. This criterion is absolutely essential and stipulates a minimum funds requirement. Unless the 1 point is awarded under the Financial Autonomy criterion, the application will be automatically refused.

Points Financial Self-sufficiency

1 point Making of a contract (Cutoff score =1)
1 point Maximum

rohit5145

Nov 29, 2010
Sir i really dont know how to thank you for your such an effort to consider my case, thanks is not enough for this , i owe you one.

Sir my wife and me have given IELTS with 7.0 bands each (Academic) on 08 may 2010.

and i am preparing for French level B1 and B2 and my wife is also preparing for A1 and A2.

We Dont have any kid.

All we need is good consultant nearby Chandigarh or Delhi for documentation purpose.

So if you can recommend anybody who is specialized in Quebec Immigration , then it will be great.

Thanks & Regards

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec Immigration - Adaptability

The Adaptability criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 6 points are awarded under the Adaptability criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Adaptability Factor

0-6 points Overall assessment
6 points Maximum

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohit5145 said:
Sir i really dont know how to thank you for your such an effort to consider my case, thanks is not enough for this , i owe you one.

Sir my wife and me have given IELTS with 7.0 bands each (Academic) on 08 may 2010.

and i am preparing for French level B1 and B2 and my wife is also preparing for A1 and A2.

We Dont have any kid.

All we need is good consultant nearby Chandigarh or Delhi for documentation purpose.

So if you can recommend anybody who is specialized in Quebec Immigration , then it will be great.

Thanks & Regards
I advice you, you prepare your case yourself and do not hire any consultant.

I advice you, you take French language test for A1, A2 and ask your spouse for taking test of French A1 or/and A2 level and then apply for CSQ certificate of Quebec.

You wrote, you are preparing for French B1, B2 Level, It means you have already taken training for A1 and A2 level but I don't know whether you have taken French A1, A2 exam or not. Please take French level exam immediately after finishing any level, as same for your spouse.

Please write your complete case to visaexpert@ymail.com for quick response.

rkum1234

Jan 15, 2011
Hello Visaexpert,

This is Kumar. I am currently staying in USA with family on L1 Visa, I am having around 10 years of Experience in Information technology. I have done my bachelors in Engineering (Electronics and communication) and My wife done her Masters in Engineering (same). She is not working currently but worked as Lecturer in some Engineering college for 2 years before merriage. And I have two kids too below the age of 4 years. I have took the online assesment in Quebec immigration website and qualified. I have seen your posting in canadavisa.com web forum. I have few questing related to it. Could you please give the answers, I appreciate your help.

1. Is it mandatory to take the French language tests before I submit my application?

2. I am planning apply first and start learning french and inform the same to in the covering letter, is this ok?

3. In the website it is mentioned that it will take upto 16 months of time to complete the process, If i go back to india is there any problem during this period?

4. And I am submiting the application myself, is it necessary to submit all the supporting documents notarized?

5. As I am currently in USA, is there any advantage in processing timing?

I am requesting you to please provide me the information, since I dont find much information related to this online. I really thankful to you.

Thank you,

Kumar.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear visa expert,

Please check your email.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,
Mayank

rasears

Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi visaexpert...I calculated that I have 66 points, not including any French language points (English is my native language) or Adaptability points...do you know if I will need to take TEFaQ or another French language test, and if I would be waived for an interview? I have only "high beginner" French...

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
rkum1234 said:
1. Is it mandatory to take the French language tests before I submit my application?
It is not mandatory to take the french tests, but it helps if you have a test score when you apply. that will speeded up your application. ppl who dont submit their scores, mostly end up with an interview call. this will also assess your french profiency levels.

rkum1234 said:
2. I am planning apply first and start learning french and inform the same to in the covering letter, is this ok?
register for a french course and attach the registration details (payment slips / enrollment certificate). just mentioning that you intend to take up french will not help. understand that french is not mandatory. if you have points well over the cutoffs, then you could get thru without french.(being in a priority training area also helps)

rkum1234 said:
3. In the website it is mentioned that it will take upto 16 months of time to complete the process, If i go back to india is there any problem during this period?
the 1st stage is to apply for a CSQ. you apply to the BIQ (bureau of immigration, quebec) it doesnt have offices in every country. you need to apply to the BIQ office which services your country, eg: Indians residing in India for more than a year have to apply to BIQ, Hong Kong.

for more info:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/index.html

rkum1234 said:
4. And I am submiting the application myself, is it necessary to submit all the supporting documents notarized?
all documents have to be notarized whether you file yourself or a consultant on ur behalf.

rkum1234 said:
5. As I am currently in USA, is there any advantage in processing timing?
very unlikely. the whole thing will take about a year. minimum. (good things come to people who wait !! ;) )

chk this thread... http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/csq-timelines-for-us-resident-submitted-in-montreal-t59762.0.html

All the best ! Bonne Chance !! ;D

varunynr

Nov 30, 2010
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HKong
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Band 8 , Attached with Application along with French DELF results
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Dear Visaexpert. I have written a mail for my case evaluation. Kindly check and revert. Appreciate your help.

Many Regards

Varun

rkum1234

Jan 15, 2011
All the best ! Bonne Chance !! ;D
[/quote] Hello vibez_well,
Thank you very much for your answers, they are very useful to me. I will follow your instructions.
And one questions? Is it mandatory to submit toefl (for english) score with the application?

Thank you in advance.