+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ)...pls suggest

capra

Apr 28, 2016
Mikka99 said:
Hello Capra,
Have you got any update re your QAC?
i got the update today that the documents were received on Mar 31 as well. i don't know how may more days i have to wait to get a CAQ decision, but at least i know that they got my documents -- after 24 days!

Mikka99

Apr 14, 2016
congrtas! unfortunately. it is my 27th day and still have no updates. the lady on the phone send a request to the processing department on Monday but they replied that they are still waiting for my documents to be delivered (she doesn't know what it means). told me to call next day.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
Hello everyone,

I made my online application for CAQ a couple of days ago, waiting to receive my official admission letter right now to send it to Canada.

I see that many of you mention that you provided financial proof. When filling the application online, I was told that I wouldn't be required to provide financial proof right now, but when I apply for study permit. The only documents I am required to send are these:

• The original Declaration, commitments and authorizations form, dated and signed
  • An original recent ID photo, passport format (35 mm x 45 mm), with your name on the back and
    stapled in the box opposite.
  • Legible photocopy of pages of your passport bearing personal information and the photo (well
    defined). Your passport must be valid.
  • Letter of admission from the registrar (or Admissions Office) of the educational establishment that you will attend

I am applying from Greece if that has to do anything. Any ideas why this is happening?

capra

Apr 28, 2016
mihachris said:
Hello everyone,

I made my online application for CAQ a couple of days ago, waiting to receive my official admission letter right now to send it to Canada.

I see that many of you mention that you provided financial proof. When filling the application online, I was told that I wouldn't be required to provide financial proof right now, but when I apply for study permit. The only documents I am required to send are these:

• The original Declaration, commitments and authorizations form, dated and signed
  • An original recent ID photo, passport format (35 mm x 45 mm), with your name on the back and
  • Legible photocopy of pages of your passport bearing personal information and the photo (well
  • Letter of admission from the registrar (or Admissions Office) of the educational establishment that you will attend

I am applying from Greece if that has to do anything. Any ideas why this is happening?
It is odd that you don't need to provide proofs of financial support. I honestly don't know why they don't want you to send those, but I think it is always safe to stick to the application checklist you find in your CAQ portal. Have you received a 4-5 page application checklist via your portal yet? In that file they have specified the kind of documents you have to mail along with photos, copy of passport, and etc. Maybe someone else than me has a better suggestion.

mihachris

May 5, 2016
capra said:
It is odd that you don't need to provide proofs of financial support. I honestly don't know why they don't want you to send those, but I think it is always safe to stick to the application checklist you find in your CAQ portal. Have you received a 4-5 page application checklist via your portal yet? In that file they have specified the kind of documents you have to mail along with photos, copy of passport, and etc. Maybe someone else than me has a better suggestion.
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I double checked and downloaded my personal checklist file. It has 2 pages. First page is "Declaration, commitments and authorizations" which I have to sign and send. Second page has the list of documents I posted previously and a place to attach the photograph, nothing more.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
mihachris said:
Hello everyone,

I've got the same checklist as yours. I didn't attach proof of financial support. It's required when applying study permit (i.e. student visa). I've just got the notificiation to confirm my online application is being processed today. I will get back to you next week once I receive the result. My online application arrived on the 4th of April.

Mikka99

Apr 14, 2016
is this a correct address to send QAC? Do I need to place my application number on the envelope?

Service aux étudiants étrangers
Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

capra

Apr 28, 2016
Bonjour everyone, I finally have CAQ issued today.
Here is my timeline:

2016-05-06
Issue of your CAQ for studies

2016-03-31
Receipt of your documents

2016-03-07
Opening of your file

2016-03-06
Confirmation of payment

2016-03-05
Acknowledgement of receipt of your application

I wish my best luck for those of you still waiting for their CAQs.
I called them on 22 working days;
received the confirmation of receipt on 24 days;
got the decision letter on 26 days.

TomNy

May 2, 2016
Yes, the address is correct. You must place your application number on the envelope.

Mikka99 said:
is this a correct address to send QAC? Do I need to place my application number on the envelope?

Service aux étudiants étrangers
Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

suakerock

Apr 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2015
Med's Request
11-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
19-Aug-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
04-Sep-2015
Hi everyone,

Same situation here.

I called the Ministry today and was told that the processing time is at 27 working days now. The lady said that if I still don't receive an update 'till then, I can call back. I hope this helps. :)

TomNy

May 2, 2016
mihachris said:
Hello everyone,

I've just got my CAQ so no problem with yours. Good luck!

TomNy

May 2, 2016
Hi everyone,
I just got my CAQ approval today.
My document arrived on 4th of April.
The email to notify that they start processing my document is on 5th of May.
Then I received CAQ approval today, on 10th of May.

Almost 27-28 working days.

Good luck to you guys.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Hello,
Need help,
I just apply for QAC and paid fees online and send my documents by mail yeasterday.
Today I received message to check my online account.
But,,,,, I am not able to login....authenticity error. I tried to retrieve my user code and password but still getting this error.
I tried calling them but long waits and not connected to agent.
Is there any technical problem on the online site?
Any one with same problem ?
Plz help what to do.
Thanks

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hey yes this happened to me

Make sure you write down the user name especilly the first letter in small and make sure ur username and password the way u wrote it when u signed up

However the first letter you recieved is to let you know that they recieved your application and recieved thebpayment