2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
abehola said:
Hello all, please I need some help regarding an issue although I posted this on another thread on this forum before but I only got a single response but I feel this thread might be the best as its Quebec related.
My application for CSQ got to BIQ-Paris on the 10th of January and my qualification is on the Preferred List of Training (Biochemistry) which ought to give it a priority but as at today my payment which was made through a credit card is yet to be charged and as such no AOR yet. Has anyone made payments via Credit Card to Paris before and it was charged without any issues as I am beginning to think probably there might be an issue with my Credit Card because I believe by now I should have heard from them or is it that I am impatient.
nice that u av brought d issue to this forum. i av also posted another querry on whether dey accept payment in USD, so that we can b sure of d reason for d delay. trust me when d issue is resolved, ur application will surely fly quickly cos of d priority stuff. I applied as a Chemist and it paid off. Hope u are not hoping to attend interview sha!!have u assessed urself? wat was ur score. u will need 55points for to escape d interview.

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
egrace62, I actually assessed myself to the least bearing in mind that if I put it on the least scale I can stand a better chance and I was on 64 because am married with a kid which should be enough to get an interview waiver all things being equal. I actually discussed this with someone who works in a bank and he said for a credit card USD is a universal currency as the conversion will be done automatically through an electronic switch. So, I hope once the application is opened I should have something next week by God's grace.
Thanks for the concern. How far with Ghana?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
thanks dear

could u tell me which category u have applied

bye

papaaurel

Feb 3, 2011
Hi,

I notice that the financial sufficiency standard for Quebec is different from the Federal proof of funds. Does this mean that I could show a less amount of money or does this mean that I still have to provide the amount of money as needed by the Federal proof of funds?

Thanks,

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hi papaaurel,

U need to show only the funds as req by quebec which is around $CAD 2800! for a single applicant... if you have a wife ..you csn check the details on quebec immigration website.

Good Luck
Shahi

papaaurel

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks, Shahi. I have a wife and a daughter, which makes it only about $5000. But I was looking at the Checklist, it shows that for permanent residency, it is only a part of the "F" or Federal. So you don't think that the Canadian Federal Govt. would reject my permanent residency application based on QSW with only such amount of money?

I am doing my Ph.D in the US in Finance. And I speak French, thus my interest in Quebec. My point qualifies for the FSW, but being a student, I don't have that much money ($17000) as the Federal requirements.

Thanks again for the reply.

Shahi said:
Hi papaaurel,

U need to show only the funds as req by quebec which is around $CAD 2800! for a single applicant... if you have a wife ..you csn check the details on quebec immigration website.

Good Luck
Shahi

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
@ papaaurel

Federal govt evaluates ur app only for the medical and security aspects. and ultimately u have to reside in quebec. therefore if u filfill their financial req, its sufficient.

papaaurel

Feb 3, 2011
@Angeleye

Thanks for the response.

angeleye said:
@ papaaurel

Federal govt evaluates ur app only for the medical and security aspects. and ultimately u have to reside in quebec. therefore if u filfill their financial req, its sufficient.

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hi all, i submitted my application for QSW since December 2010 and i am yet to receive an AOR. Since my occupation is not in the priority list, i want to take the TCF-Quebec & attach to my application as a proof of my interest in learning the language. I have a few questions in this regards:

1) I am a begininger and i will be taking the A2 exam. Is this too elememtary? Can i take this now while i continue my french lessons? Will it in any way help my application process?
2) I will also be taking the IELTS and i intend sending both results together as additional documents. Is it too early to take the IELTS now? Will this also help my application since i am a native English speaker?
3) Finally, since i am yet to get any AOR from them, can i send any additional documnets? I am hoping that i would have received an AOR by end of March 2011, when both results will be out but if i am yet to get an AOR, can i still go ahead and send the results?

Thanks for your input.

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
What happen next ? if person not able to clear CSQ interview ?
1) they will give you some time to proof French knowledge
2) or your application is rejected forever

pls let me know

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
anumatri said:

pls let me know
Provided the rejection was not as a result of misrepresentation/falsehood. u will av d opportunity to reapply when u feel u have improved well enough to be able to get d required score treshold for selection. The interview is not only meant to test knowledge of french it is all encompassing, so just ensure your document is sufficiently supported with the necessary documentation so that u wont have to attend an interview

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
anumatri said:

pls let me know
@ anumatri

i guess u have gone through ur interview, what are the results? I hope u must have cleared it and got ur CSQ???

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Smallie said:
Hi all, i submitted my application for QSW since December 2010 and i am yet to receive an AOR. Since my occupation is not in the priority list, i want to take the TCF-Quebec & attach to my application as a proof of my interest in learning the language. I have a few questions in this regards:

1) I am a begininger and i will be taking the A2 exam. Is this too elememtary? Can i take this now while i continue my french lessons? Will it in any way help my application process?
2) I will also be taking the IELTS and i intend sending both results together as additional documents. Is it too early to take the IELTS now? Will this also help my application since i am a native English speaker?
3) Finally, since i am yet to get any AOR from them, can i send any additional documnets? I am hoping that i would have received an AOR by end of March 2011, when both results will be out but if i am yet to get an AOR, can i still go ahead and send the results?

Thanks for your input.
u will not be able to send them any additional docs for now cos u do not av ur dossier number which come s with d AOR. since u will not qualify for priority as u have stated, i think it will save u so much time to ensure u have all missing documents ready so that u will b able to send them immediately u get ur AOR.so Take d A2 exam now cos it is obvious your AOR will come with a list of missing docs (French & English and others which u did not include).
as a native speaker of english i only wrote them a cover-letter which explains this fact to them and then i collected a letter of english language attestation from d university which i graduated from which states that i had completed a 4yrs programs 4rm there and that english language was d only language of instruction

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
abehola said:
egrace62, I actually assessed myself to the least bearing in mind that if I put it on the least scale I can stand a better chance and I was on 64 because am married with a kid which should be enough to get an interview waiver all things being equal. I actually discussed this with someone who works in a bank and he said for a credit card USD is a universal currency as the conversion will be done automatically through an electronic switch. So, I hope once the application is opened I should have something next week by God's grace.
Thanks for the concern. How far with Ghana?
yeah it is always better to underscore oneself. i did same too and it paid off. i guess u are now at peace with d CC-issue now. did u include french & english language proofs in ur documentation?