+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JEDI-007 said:
Dear All,

I am new to this forum. Nice to see that people are helping each other to reach their dream destination.

I am also looking for options to immigrate to Quebec.

Given below is my profile, could you please help and tell whether can I qualify under QSW immigration program:

Principal Applicant:

Nationality: Indian
Age: 35 Yrs If your age is between 18 to 35 then 16 Point, 36 then 14 Point
Qualification:Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (1 Year Full time) Passed out in 2001
Master of Science in Computer Science (1 Year Distance Education) Passed out in 2003
Master of Computer Applications ( 1 Year Distance Education Mode) Passed out in 2004 I am not sure about Distance Education, but for Master you will get 12 points
You will get 6 point for AOT
Experience: Working in IT field with total experience of 8 Years (starting from 2004)8 Points

English: Good command (Will sit for IELTS - Can get 6 to 7 Bands easily)If you will get 8 band in Listening and 7 band in Speaking then 6 point
French: Enrolled for AF Classes (Initial Basic) 0 Point

Spouse:

Nationality: Indian
Age: 35 Yrs Between 18 to 35 years of age then 3 points, 36 years then 2 points
Qualification:
Master of Arts ( 2 Yrs Full Time) Passed out in 1999 You can claim 3 points for Master
Diploma in Physical Education ( 1 Yr Full Time) Passed out in 2001 Not Sure
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (1 Year Distance Education) Passed out in 2002 Not Sure

Experience: Teaching Experience (in Physical Education) of 9 Years (Housewife from last 2 Yrs)
Check the below link for Area of Training
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-immigration-spouse.html

English: Can Manage (Basic Knowledge) 0 point
French: No Knowledge and cant even enroll for French Learning. 0 point

Children:
Two (5 Yrs and 3 Yrs) 8 point
And you can claim 1 point for Fund. So calculate your point accordingly

Please let me know the possibilities of immigration to Quebec.

Thank you in advance.

JEDI

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Umer Shahzad said:
yes you will get points for area of training depending when you have got your degree mate.
Thanks Umer. I completed my MCA (Master of computer applications) from a University in India at 2002. Any idea how many points i may get for this. If you are not sure then approximate points will help me.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
@ harit79, Thanks a lot for your assessment and comments.

What are total points required to get through.

Also as per your comment "I am not sure about Distance Education, but for Master you will get 12 points
" - What is AOT? and will get 6 points in over and above 12 points OR these are included in 12 points of Masters

If I clear some certification in French, Can I get any points?

Thanks once again dear. God bless you.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
@vibez_well
If chances of being called to HK for interview are more then I must start now preparing for it.
Yes, CSQ more important than money.. After all one of the intension of fililing application is for better wealth.:)

vibez_well said:
mdammalli,
its not uncommon for applicants to be called to HK for the interview. there were many cases in this thread itself who were called to HK - from Ind & Pak. If you get called, dont miss it. money comes and goes.. but an interview for teh CSQ.... well you know the wait for it ! ;D

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JEDI-007 said:

What are total points required to get through. Please go through below link. You will get answer of your question.
http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Also as per your comment "I am not sure about Distance Education, but for Master you will get 12 points
" - What is AOT? and will get 6 points in over and above 12 points OR these are included in 12 points of Masters

Yes if you clear DELF A1 then 2 points , DELF A2 then 6 points.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
I dont think you will get any points for AOT since all your degrees are more than 5yr old.

JEDI-007 said:

What are total points required to get through.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
Yes, you are correct, more no of selection mission means more no of applicantions processing.

But,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/Programmation-missions-gensaffaires-lieu-en.pdf
This mission is for business people only I guess.

hec006 said:
Really Gr8 News!!!

I can see the following updates.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/Programmation-missions-gensaffaires-lieu-en.pdf

Any ideas Mkshah and other well-wishers ... More no of selection mission means more number of application processing at a time? What happens if number of mission increases within the same time period? Can please elaborate?

Really a good news... I think they have taken some measure to do the faster processing for huge number of applicants in 2011.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He will get the point for AOT. He did Msc in computer Science in 2004 and since he is working in the field related to his education.
mdammalli said:
I dont think you will get any points for AOT since all your degrees are more than 5yr old.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

For masters he will not get 12 points it depends upon the number of year of education in his case its very complicated to give him 12 pts for master harit

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pixie13 said:
@ francaise
Thank u for your wishes. I think I ended up getting a total of 6 for French (3+3) and 2 for my husband's French (1+1) but I'm not sure; these points sort of add upto the 69 points total that I saw at one point while doing the calculations together. I attended group classes at AF and then switched to private classes at AF so that's why I just produced the letter from my teacher. I forgot to mention in my post that the IO did ask if I've got any certificates for French (AF in my area had to close for a while and all exams were cancelled) and I said no and produced the letter from AF instead. Just continue learning French all the way... as much as you can as this is a really important factor! Good luck!
Thank you and good luck for your federal part...

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
mdammalli said:
Yes, you are correct, more no of selection mission means more no of applicantions processing.

But,
This mission is for business people only I guess.
Hello mdammalli,

Ohh .. I have done the mistake.. Then where is the updated link which mention the Aug to October selection mission.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hec006 said:
Really Gr8 News!!!

I can see the following updates.

Any ideas Mkshah and other well-wishers ... More no of selection mission means more number of application processing at a time? What happens if number of mission increases within the same time period? Can please elaborate?

Really a good news... I think they have taken some measure to do the faster processing for huge number of applicants in 2011.

Hi umer,
The link you posted is for businesspeople applicants.

For qsw applicants, There is 1 mission for HK

Dates: August 27, 2012 to October 5, 2012.

I hope that they will try to cover as many pending
applications for BIQ HK in this mission @ HK.
As per my tracker for qsw AOR, and as per the replies of biqhk to applicants mails, last interview covered applicants upto Oct 2010.
So, next mission will cover applicants from Nov 2010.

BIQ HK will have 40 days in this interview selection, so I could not tell if they will be able to more cover applicants in this mission @ HK.

so, we have no other option than to wait and hope for the best till our turn comes. :)

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
mkshah said:

Hi umer,
The link you posted is for businesspeople applicants.

For qsw applicants, There is 1 mission for HK

Dates: August 27, 2012 to October 5, 2012.

I hope that they will try to cover as many pending
applications for BIQ HK in this mission @ HK.
As per my tracker for qsw AOR, and as per the replies of biqhk to applicants mails, last interview covered applicants upto Oct 2010.
So, next mission will cover applicants from Nov 2010.

BIQ HK will have 40 days in this interview selection, so I could not tell if they will be able to more cover applicants in this mission @ HK.

so, we have no other option than to wait and hope for the best till our turn comes. :)

Thanks MKshah for your reply!!!

But, I think few applicants from Nov 2010 already received the call. Can you guess? upto April 2011 they can cover up in this Aug to October 2012 selection mission? Do u have received any notification from somebody who has go call in August mission.. I think there will be another mission in November-December.

Please post the link for updated schedule mission. From where are you getting this info.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
There is only one mission between Aug27 to Oct5. ie total 40days
But, HK Biq works 4 full days and a half day per week excluding public holidays. so only 24 full days and 6 half days.

they are working 6 hrs in full day and 3hrs in half day which means 24*6+6*3 =162

If each appllication takes atleast 1hr then at max they can process less than 200 applications.
Again most of us has to remain in waiting game.

Above calculations are purely based on my assumptions.

hec006 said:
Thanks MKshah for your reply!!!

But, I think few applicants from Nov 2010 already received the call. Can you guess? upto April 2011 they can cover up in this Aug to October 2012 selection mission? Do u have received any notification from somebody who has go call in August mission.. I think there will be another mission in November-December.

Please post the link for updated schedule mission. From where are you getting this info.