2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
Thanks a lot bro...

fReSco said:
Hi Janki,

I would differ with Sister geribubaboy's opinion here. I'd draw a use case for you here and then you can decide by yourself. For a normal applicant Paris BIQ takes 4 months to send the first AOR and to get a call for the interview you need to wait until 8 to 12 months or more. This way you sure get at least four months to prepare for the French. And I personally believe that I can achieve A2 in 4 months so I would personally check the A2 in CSQ Application form.

In case you have receipts of French learning or exams booking receipts, please attach them. Or you can update your file once you get your first AOR.

Many senior members also believe that if you attach your A2 level exams when filing your application makes your application more presentable and strong. I believe this is true but then there is a trade off between more presentable and the clock ticking around. So, end of the day you'd be the one who has to decide. I hope that explains. Cheers

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Canada will start accepting some PhD students to boost the country's science, technology and math sectors, the government said Wednesday.

Gary Goodyear, minister of state for science and technology, announced the government is expanding the federal skilled worker category to include PhD students in certain streams, noting the country lacks people with expertise in science, technology, engineering and math.

Goodyear made the announcement at the same press conference where the government was focusing on the success of the Canadian experience class, which is aimed at skilled temporary foreign workers and international students who want to stay in Canada.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, who Wednesday welcomed the 10,000th permanent resident to enter Canada through the program, said Canada used to send people who wanted to become citizens back to their country of origin to have them start on the seven-year waitlist.

Before the program, "we would say excellent. You now have a degree or a diploma that will be recognized by a Canadian employer, you have some work experience in Canada, you have perfected your English or French language skills … now please leave the country and if you want to immigrate, get in the back of a seven-year-long queue," Kenney said.

"That didn’t make any sense at all. Because these are folks who are pre-integrated, they are set for success."

To be eligible for the skilled worker program, PhD students need to have done at least two years of study toward the degree and be in good standing at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. They can start applying Nov. 5.

Graduates who are less than a year out of the program are also eligible to apply.

Goodyear said expanding the program tells innovators around the world that Canada is ready to welcome their ideas.

"Research in these fields contributes greatly to our overall national competitiveness in the global market," he said.
New targets

The news conference comes the day after Kenney tabled in the House of Commons the government's immigration targets for the next year.

Last year, Canada admitted 280,681 permanent residents, an 11.3 percent increase from 2009 and the highest level in 50 years, the report says. Nearly 67 per cent of total admissions came as economic immigrants.

Kenney is holding the 2012 targets at the same level as the previous five years.

"The admission range of 240,000 to 265,000 is maintained for the sixth consecutive year, reaffirming the commitment to sustained immigration levels to continue to fulfil the department’s objectives," the report says.

Kenney told MPs last month that Canada needs to accept fewer applications in the family class of immigrants, which has a large backlog. He said speeding up processing alone won't take care of the backlog of parents and grandparents trying to join family members in Canada.

NDP Immigration critic Don Davies says he applauds the move.

"It’s a good system. I like what I’m hearing about getting more PhDs integrated into our system…but it shouldn’t come at the expense of other classes of immigrants," Davies said.

He says Kenney's own department has reported it's possible to increase immigration targets, which have been stable for the past few years, and says Canada could see a labour shortage as soon as five years from now.

"How do we meet that labour challenge if we are using numbers that were the same as the last five years?

Source::

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/11/02/pol-jason-kenney-immigration-targets.html

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
YEAH, YOU ARE RIGHT ICEBERG,

Even when I joined this forum and when I started to follow this thread I just kept looking for any new post but now it has become really worse. I have been so happy when I saw that people helped each other.

I wish all the people who want to go to Canada and especially to Quebec Good Luck.

Iceberg7 said:
Ok..

This post can be really silly for some..yet I still have to make it.

Generally speaking, the thread is really getting "worse"!
It not used to be so when we started it.
It was such a friendly place to share information & opinions openly, without having such heated debates.

We (wingsof, shahi, angeleye, chibiks, lirjan, kia, mef, jet, vicky, narmee,......and myself) were such a lovely group of "friends" really.

I can clearly see it has become different.

Some just drag any comment to make so personal.
Some just only care about ratings (as if rating has anything to do with any immigration project!!)
Some just get into any comment just to make themselves to "appear"!

It turned to be a "show off" thread instead of "helping & sharing" one.

That's why I am not so much into making comments or providing any information for not being "attacked" (as what happened recently to me), unless I've been asked persnally or via personal message or email (I believe some would really agree I did, do & will..)

So, I believe I will not contribute any more in this thread.

And to my old friends, I will always want to hear good news about you.

Best of luck everybody.

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibez_well said:
seun,

For Nigeria, applicable BIQ is Paris.
Here is the link to the list of documents to attach, forms etc.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html

the site - unfortunately its available only in french. you may have to use the browser Chrome / google translate it.

The address is given on the site also.
Bureau d'immigration du Québec à Paris
Délégation générale du Québec
87-89, rue La Boétie
75008 Paris
FRANCE

yes, you can get yourself a draft for the fees payable in CAD. Maybe egrace62 can tell you where exactly he got his. (egrace62 is already in quebec !)
vibez_well, firm and others, thks alot for your response, i really appreciate it
seun

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Just as someone else said we all here want the maple leaf no matter what we have to come through but we don't have to make "enemies" but we have to make friends as much as we can in our lives cause life in unpredictable and it is always said " Better a friend than a treasure"

Anyway I just want to say to you,

GOOD LUCK

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
KLM01 said:
A small gift to you my friend..

http://www.quebecregion.com/quebec_sons_images/indexen.html#/video/summer

http://www.quebecregion.com/quebec_sons_images/indexen.html#/video/winter
Thank you KLM01 for these links. It is good for us to look at the place we are struggling to live in.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Iceberg7 said:
Ok..

This post can be really silly for some..yet I still have to make it.

Generally speaking, the thread is really getting "worse"!
It not used to be so when we started it.
It was such a friendly place to share information & opinions openly, without having such heated debates.

We (wingsof, shahi, angeleye, chibiks, lirjan, kia, mef, jet, vicky, narmee,......and myself) were such a lovely group of "friends" really.

I can clearly see it has become different.

Some just drag any comment to make so personal.
Some just only care about ratings (as if rating has anything to do with any immigration project!!)
Some just get into any comment just to make themselves to "appear"!

It turned to be a "show off" thread instead of "helping & sharing" one.

That's why I am not so much into making comments or providing any information for not being "attacked" (as what happened recently to me), unless I've been asked persnally or via personal message or email (I believe some would really agree I did, do & will..)

So, I believe I will not contribute any more in this thread.

And to my old friends, I will always want to hear good news about you.

Best of luck everybody.
i second you Iceberg, and will request others to please control your anger. This place is to help others as well as to gain from them. no personal arguments here please, whether it be senior or junior.

qtr52

Nov 2, 2011
I have 3 years and 10 months of work experience, if I send my application this month can I get points for 4 years, since it will take at least 3 months to process my application, and by that time I would have completed 4 years?

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Bachar said:
Canada will start accepting some PhD students to boost the country's science, technology and math sectors, the government said Wednesday.

Gary Goodyear, minister of state for science and technology, announced the government is expanding the federal skilled worker category to include PhD students in certain streams, noting the country lacks people with expertise in science, technology, engineering and math.

Goodyear made the announcement at the same press conference where the government was focusing on the success of the Canadian experience class, which is aimed at skilled temporary foreign workers and international students who want to stay in Canada.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney, who Wednesday welcomed the 10,000th permanent resident to enter Canada through the program, said Canada used to send people who wanted to become citizens back to their country of origin to have them start on the seven-year waitlist.

Before the program, "we would say excellent. You now have a degree or a diploma that will be recognized by a Canadian employer, you have some work experience in Canada, you have perfected your English or French language skills ... now please leave the country and if you want to immigrate, get in the back of a seven-year-long queue," Kenney said.

"That didn't make any sense at all. Because these are folks who are pre-integrated, they are set for success."

To be eligible for the skilled worker program, PhD students need to have done at least two years of study toward the degree and be in good standing at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada. They can start applying Nov. 5.

Graduates who are less than a year out of the program are also eligible to apply.

Goodyear said expanding the program tells innovators around the world that Canada is ready to welcome their ideas.

"Research in these fields contributes greatly to our overall national competitiveness in the global market," he said.
New targets

The news conference comes the day after Kenney tabled in the House of Commons the government's immigration targets for the next year.

Last year, Canada admitted 280,681 permanent residents, an 11.3 percent increase from 2009 and the highest level in 50 years, the report says. Nearly 67 per cent of total admissions came as economic immigrants.

Kenney is holding the 2012 targets at the same level as the previous five years.

"The admission range of 240,000 to 265,000 is maintained for the sixth consecutive year, reaffirming the commitment to sustained immigration levels to continue to fulfil the department's objectives," the report says.

Kenney told MPs last month that Canada needs to accept fewer applications in the family class of immigrants, which has a large backlog. He said speeding up processing alone won't take care of the backlog of parents and grandparents trying to join family members in Canada.

NDP Immigration critic Don Davies says he applauds the move.

"It's a good system. I like what I'm hearing about getting more PhDs integrated into our system...but it shouldn't come at the expense of other classes of immigrants," Davies said.

He says Kenney's own department has reported it's possible to increase immigration targets, which have been stable for the past few years, and says Canada could see a labour shortage as soon as five years from now.

"How do we meet that labour challenge if we are using numbers that were the same as the last five years?

Source::

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/11/02/pol-jason-kenney-immigration-targets.html
Thanks for sharing Bachar..

This is an excellent news for PhD and graduate students in Canada..

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
qtr52 said:
I have 3 years and 10 months of work experience, if I send my application this month can I get points for 4 years, since it will take at least 3 months to process my application, and by that time I would have completed 4 years?
Hi qtr52,

I think it's better if your question is answered by someone who has similar case and who have passed the interview already to be able to tell how did they calculated the points towards the experience.. Because by the time they start processing your file you will definitely have 4 years of experience but the officer may consider the experience mentioned in the submitted "letter of experience" which would be 3 years and 10 months..

If you are not too short in points, I think you can file your application..

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the ( - ) guys. I really appreciate it.

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
Hello friends

I m new here, I send my application in august to Paris still waiting for any reply from BIQ Paris.

ambi

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Song to describe the current situation in the thread : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qN6TCY85c.
;D !! people, lets take it down a couple of notches.

What do you think is the objective of having a PNP Stream for each province when there is already a clear open immigration stream available at a federal level ? Obviously to attract and logically to RETAIN people with skills specific to the needs of each province.

Here are the 'Mobility rights' of citizens and PRs from the charter of rights.

Mobility Rights

Mobility of citizens
6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
Rights to move and gain livelihood
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
Limitation
(3) The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to
(a) any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
(b) any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.

Affirmative action programs
(4) Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.
[[ source : http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/Charter/ ]]

So, its clearly evident that the charter allows for people to move where ever they wish to. Now if you take a closer look, its subject to certain conditions as stated in sub sec 3a&b - laws, practices, residency requirements.... its all there.

While you apply for the CSQ, you clearly sign the declarations stating that you will LIVE in Quebec. When you apply for the visa, you sign another doc (IMM0008 E Schedule 5) stating that you intend to live in the province of quebec.

Lets not speak about ethics, morality etc. Only thing we're bothered about is whether skipping to another province on landing or afterwards will amount to breaking any law and attract any sort of penal action (revoking PR, deportation etc)

The Federal-provincial agreement on PNPs also require the province to check if its nominees are indeed settling down in the province. While its clear that its not being done, the Govts wont be blind to the ground reality. But the provincial govts. can be forced to crack on such nominees since its a part of the original fed-prov agreements. [[sorry, No link]]

In 2010, there was an operational bulletin released by the CIC stating the actions to be taken if the officer learns that the person no longers intends / never intended to stay in the province. read that up [[source : http://bit.ly/ttIcdq ]] Ofcourse this speaks about drama at the POE and Inland offices. Nothing is clear about landing successfully, and then scooting.

In canada, it will be so damn easy to pull up this information. Your tax info is there for all the govts to see. Do you want to risk bombing your dream right at the fag end of it? :)

My logic is : you sign papers for immigr > you dont honor them > immigration fraud. then the ball is in their court. (am sure i want my balls with me ;) The whole topic is a lil foggy and not very clear. So its open to interpretation. A very respected member 'PMM' also mentioned that such ppl are at risk of having their PRs revoked.

Ending note:
This is a wonderful thread. None around here is an immig lawyer. we're just normal ppl united by a common dream (and who read a lot of immigration stuff online !). lets not vitiate the bonhomie here and screw it up for everyone. There no forum/thread as active as this anywhere on the net. losing members (no matter senior/junior) is a big loss for us. if we keep it nice, maybe ppl will keep coming back to help even after they land !

some reading
Link to article 'lack of monitoring mechaninisms in NB'
http://bit.ly/s4T3qr

link to end of chinese nominee plan
http://bit.ly/rJFN16

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
vibez_well said:
Song to describe the current situation in the thread : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-qN6TCY85c.
;D !! people, lets take it down a couple of notches.

What do you think is the objective of having a PNP Stream for each province when there is already a clear open immigration stream available at a federal level ? Obviously to attract and logically to RETAIN people with skills specific to the needs of each province.

Here are the 'Mobility rights' of citizens and PRs from the charter of rights.

[[ source : http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/Charter/ ]]

+ 1 for you vibez. Here is the link for OP7a for Quebec Skilled Worker as well, worth reading to get clear about your confusions.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07a-eng.pdf
OP7b PNP
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

So, its clearly evident that the charter allows for people to move where ever they wish to. Now if you take a closer look, its subject to certain conditions as stated in sub sec 3a&b - laws, practices, residency requirements.... its all there.

While you apply for the CSQ, you clearly sign the declarations stating that you will LIVE in Quebec. When you apply for the visa, you sign another doc (IMM0008 E Schedule 5) stating that you intend to live in the province of quebec.

Lets not speak about ethics, morality etc. Only thing we're bothered about is whether skipping to another province on landing or afterwards will amount to breaking any law and attract any sort of penal action (revoking PR, deportation etc)

The Federal-provincial agreement on PNPs also require the province to check if its nominees are indeed settling down in the province. While its clear that its not being done, the Govts wont be blind to the ground reality. But the provincial govts. can be forced to crack on such nominees since its a part of the original fed-prov agreements. [[sorry, No link]]

In 2010, there was an operational bulletin released by the CIC stating the actions to be taken if the officer learns that the person no longers intends / never intended to stay in the province. read that up [[source : http://bit.ly/ttIcdq ]] Ofcourse this speaks about drama at the POE and Inland offices. Nothing is clear about landing successfully, and then scooting.

In canada, it will be so damn easy to pull up this information. Your tax info is there for all the govts to see. Do you want to risk bombing your dream right at the fag end of it? :)

My logic is : you sign papers for immigr > you dont honor them > immigration fraud. then the ball is in their court. (am sure i want my balls with me ;) The whole topic is a lil foggy and not very clear. So its open to interpretation. A very respected member 'PMM' also mentioned that such ppl are at risk of having their PRs revoked.

Ending note:
This is a wonderful thread. None around here is an immig lawyer. we're just normal ppl united by a common dream (and who read a lot of immigration stuff online !). lets not vitiate the bonhomie here and screw it up for everyone. There no forum/thread as active as this anywhere on the net. losing members (no matter senior/junior) is a big loss for us. if we keep it nice, maybe ppl will keep coming back to help even after they land !

some reading
Link to article 'lack of monitoring mechaninisms in NB'
http://bit.ly/s4T3qr

link to end of chinese nominee plan
http://bit.ly/rJFN16