Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Janki said:
Hi Everyone,

I have one question for all the experienced person, I have started A1 level just a month back and I am applying for Quebec Immigration next week, Can I show on form A2 level in French. I am sure I will be able to complete that before my interview but I have fee receipt for only A1 right now. So will visa officer grants points for A2 without any document proof? yes u can do, but u have to prove that level in interview or produce a2 certificate at the time of interview to claim points in french. They will not give u point until u send documentry proof of your language i did the same.

Please answer me soon.
Thanks in Advance....

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Janki said:
Hi Everyone,

I have one question for all the experienced person, I have started A1 level just a month back and I am applying for Quebec Immigration next week, Can I show on form A2 level in French. I am sure I will be able to complete that before my interview but I have fee receipt for only A1 right now. So will visa officer grants points for A2 without any document proof?

Please answer me soon.
Thanks in Advance....
Hi Janki,

I would differ with Sister geribubaboy's opinion here. I'd draw a use case for you here and then you can decide by yourself. For a normal applicant Paris BIQ takes 4 months to send the first AOR and to get a call for the interview you need to wait until 8 to 12 months or more. This way you sure get at least four months to prepare for the French. And I personally believe that I can achieve A2 in 4 months so I would personally check the A2 in CSQ Application form.

In case you have receipts of French learning or exams booking receipts, please attach them. Or you can update your file once you get your first AOR.

Many senior members also believe that if you attach your A2 level exams when filing your application makes your application more presentable and strong. I believe this is true but then there is a trade off between more presentable and the clock ticking around. So, end of the day you'd be the one who has to decide. I hope that explains. Cheers

syed_h_sha

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufallo now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2nd 2011
Doc's Request.
Personal History requested on 07-02-2013
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
20-01-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Med's Request
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012
Interview........
Done with Quebec
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
in Montreal on work permit
fReSco said:
Agreed. But I assume that they have a lot of real life issues to face. While settling down, adapting a new environment It might be a little difficult for them. And I believe that they are justified for that.

Though, It would be great if we hear from them and learn from their experience.
Everyone would be a little curious to know how life is treating them in Quebec on the price of Quality life?
All the very best for your efforts making a good life out there.
I agree with fReSco. Even I do not have PR right now, I am in Montreal QC from the pas 18months. Once you land here there are lot of real life issues to face. finding from apartment to finding a job. there are sites for apartments rentals. the one famous is http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/.
For me I had job and my manager helped me to get an apartment, it was smooth but comes with a price( of course company paid). once you get these, life is easy and you make friends and will find many people from your own country. nice Indian restaurants. and more over you find almost all kind of vegetables and groceries you like.
and while landing the immigration office will provide you application list which will have what to do how to do. like applying for SIN and medical card..etc..etc... and there are many govt organization provide paid job trainings and try to get you a job.

let me know if you have specific questions. if I know will answer and if not will try to find out for you.

regards
Syed

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
syed_h_sha said:
I agree with fReSco. Even I do not have PR right now, I am in Montreal QC from the pas 18months. Once you land here there are lot of real life issues to face. finding from apartment to finding a job. there are sites for apartments rentals. the one famous is http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/.
For me I had job and my manager helped me to get an apartment, it was smooth but comes with a price( of course company paid). once you get these, life is easy and you make friends and will find many people from your own country. nice Indian restaurants. and more over you find almost all kind of vegetables and groceries you like.
and while landing the immigration office will provide you application list which will have what to do how to do. like applying for SIN and medical card..etc..etc... and there are many govt organization provide paid job trainings and try to get you a job.

let me know if you have specific questions. if I know will answer and if not will try to find out for you.

regards
Syed

Many thanks Syed bro for you sharing your experience with us. Thank you for sharing Craiglist as well.
Wish you all the success for getting your life settled in Quebec.
Cheers

Seun

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone
I am new in this thread, i want to cosider QSW as well. I need your assistance/support, especiaally those that have applied from Nigeria
I have serious intention to migrate to Quebec Canada as skilled worker, I have passed the online assesment. I was confused when I was trying to get more information about this immigration, that is, the type of the form that is applicable to my country Nigeria,is it the form in english or french?(please give the link).other documents that I will send along with the application. Address where to send the completed application, and lastly mode of paying Quebec government, Can I raise the canadian money order from one bank in Nigeria?
please I will appreciate it, if you response to my request.
Seun

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
seun,

For Nigeria, applicable BIQ is Paris.
Here is the link to the list of documents to attach, forms etc.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html

the site - unfortunately its available only in french. you may have to use the browser Chrome / google translate it.

The address is given on the site also.
Bureau d'immigration du Québec à Paris
Délégation générale du Québec
87-89, rue La Boétie
75008 Paris
FRANCE

yes, you can get yourself a draft for the fees payable in CAD. Maybe egrace62 can tell you where exactly he got his. (egrace62 is already in quebec !)

Seun said:
Good day everyone
I am new in this thread, i want to cosider QSW as well. I need your assistance/support, especiaally those that have applied from Nigeria
I have serious intention to migrate to Quebec Canada as skilled worker, I have passed the online assesment. I was confused when I was trying to get more information about this immigration, that is, the type of the form that is applicable to my country Nigeria,is it the form in english or french?(please give the link).other documents that I will send along with the application. Address where to send the completed application, and lastly mode of paying Quebec government, Can I raise the canadian money order from one bank in Nigeria?
Seun

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Seun said:
Good day everyone
Seun
Hi Seun,

Welcome on board boeing QSW..., u need fasten your sit belt and relax.
Vibez_well has given you the link to the documents area. You can raise the bank draft from GTB if you have Domiciliary account with them or any of yor can help you f you dont have.

Take kia

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
fReSco said:
In this case once you get your CSQ and you move to another province without doing a fair effort can be resulted into revoking your PR.
First, there was no personal criticism. So please don't drift away from the main subject.

Second, "fair effort"..what is the measure of "fair effort"?
Since there's no actual valid measure to this vague term, the argument collapse. (Basics of argument and rhetoric debating.)

"Fair effort" cannot be judged, measured or proved, hence no action could be set upon.

fReSco said:
By the way what I have shared is a majority of this thread members think including those people who got their CSQ and those who have landed safely.
It's not about sharing what the "majority of members think"!
It is about stating facts, supported with well approved evidences.

fReSco said:

Would you mind to produce any evidence to support your statement?
I have already stated that I personally know QS individuals who are settled in Ontario, BC & Alberta without facing any issues in receiving their Canadian citizenship.

Now, what are your evidences about the permanent residency or citizenship being revoked?! (I am not asking about "what the majority of members think")
Is there any official governmental document/statement declared that?
Do you personally know anyone had his/her permanent residency revoked & hence deported from Canada?!!

If so, please let him/her share the details of the case.

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
fReSco said:
Canadian Permanent Resident's have full mobility rights.

This means that, unless you are otherwise legally restricted (bail, bond/agreement, etc.), you can move to any city or province in Canada and live wherever you wish. However, as a new immigrant you may not have access to some of the Quebec-funded services for immigrants that come to that province via their provincial selection process.

Of course Canadian Charter of Rights guarantees you the freedom of mobility, you can move to any Province you want. But Quebec (or any other nominating Province) has the right to revoke the nomination or selection certificate if the nominee doesn't settle in nominating Province and at least make a serious effort to live and succeed there. Once certificate is revoked your PR is gone, so the freedom of mobility rights...

Until now they don't have defined how long your have to stay inside of Quebec but in case people are misusing it, I expect it to be added in near future
Is that an official governmental declaration?
Could you please share the link?!
Any cases had this applied on?!

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
My final word..

I am not talkin about the moral commitment to settle in Quebec as long as you're QS candidate.
I am talkin about facts and real live cases, in which settling outside Quebec (just after landing) has not affected those guys.
It has not affected on citizenship application neither.

I stated earlier, I am against the idea of using Quebec as step-over.
However, it's not about "moral commitment" and "being loyal to the province which gave the chance"..other measures are into the account and after all there is no real malicious impact on permanent residency or citizenship.

I raise my case.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Minister Kathleen Weil presents the immigration plan for 2012

QUEBEC, 1st November 2011 / CNW Telbec / - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, M me Kathleen Weil , staying the course on a selection of young immigrants, skilled and who know French to support economic growth and help meet the challenges demographic, linguistic, social and cultural development. That's what she said during his presentation of the Immigration Plan for 2012 to the media. This plan takes into account the guidelines adopted following public consultation on immigration that took place between April and September.

"The public consultation has helped build consensus with citizens and stakeholders in Quebec society about immigration we want for the coming years. Participants expressed strong support for immigration as a strategic lever for economic development and a selection that favors young, qualified and French, features that facilitate faster integration on the labor market and in society in general . We have taken into account in developing the immigration plan for 2012, "said Minister Weil.

Targets for 2012

Accordance with guidelines adopted for the period 2012-2015, next year, Quebec should accommodate between 51,200 and 53,800 immigrants, a number slightly lower than projected for 2011 (between 52,400 and 55,000). , The pattern for 2012 should be translated as:

The share of immigrants admitted under the Québec selection will be about 75% of total admissions (compared to an average of 72% from 2006 to 2010);

The proportion of immigrants say they know French at the time of admission will be between 64% and 65% of the total volume (compared to an average of 62% from 2006 to 2010);

The share of economic immigrants represent 70% of all immigrants (compared to an average of 65% from 2006 to 2010);
In the category of economic migration - the most voluminous component subject to the Quebec selection - the planned admissions are in the range of 35 600-37 400 people, a number slightly lower than planned in 2011 (36,100 to 37 500 people). The number of skilled workers would be about 30 000 to 31 000 and that of other immigrants of this component, between 600 and 700. The volume of admission into the category of business could be between 2500 and 2700 people. Admissions resulting from the special program of Haiti would be 2 500 to 3 000 people.

In the family class, the admissions would be on the order of 10 500 to 10 800 people, a volume slightly below target in 2011 (11 100-11 500). In the category of refugees and persons in similar circumstances, the number would be between 4600 and 5000 people, including between 2300 and 2500 Refugee selected abroad.

Orientations of the immigration planning for 2012-2015

Plan for immigration contains the guidelines adopted in 2012 following the consultation. They are formulated as follows:

To at least 50% the proportion of principal applicants in the skilled worker holding a training in the fields of competence appropriate to the needs on the labor market;

Maintain the majority share of people with knowledge of French in all admissions;

Increase the level of knowledge of French among the candidates of the skilled worker category;

Maintain annually between 65% and 75% share of persons under 35 years in all admissions;

Help maintain the diversity of immigration, through actions of information, promotion and recruitment in different parts of the world where potential candidates meet, by their knowledge of French, their training and skills, Quebec's needs;

Annually to maintain a minimum 65% share of economic immigration in all admissions;

Aim for a relative stabilization of the volume of admissions during the period 2012-2015, so that at the end of period, in 2015, the average annual admissions was 50 000;
"I welcome the support we received during the public consultation and the openness to diversity among Quebecers. In 2012, in the coming years we will continue to rely on immigration to meet the needs of Quebec, a diversified immigration contribute to economic dynamism of Quebec society and enhancement of its socio-cultural heritage, "concluded the Minister Kathleen Weil .

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
Guys,
That's the good thing about this thread,the debate,the arguments obviously constructive.To be honest before we decided to proceed for Quebec application,like everyone we did a couple of homework and research,the first agent we contacted well he was a well known immigration lawyer in Canada,he said that once you applied for Quebec,you signed the agreement i.e to stay in Quebec ,you have to work at least 3 years,coz for your citizenship and for your tax return so that's one issue,the second agent he said that once you got you PR,that's it you are free to move around Canada,this is what we call freedom of movement,now my cousin just migrate in March,eventually he landed in Montreal but the next day that's it he move to Toronto and he is working there,when we ask him about this issue,he said no there is nothing such law saying that coz all of his friends doing the same and I think some of already got there citizenship.so this is it,it's a bit confusing but I think we better stick to the real life scenario ,coz the bottom line is ,we all want the maple leaf passport ,no matter what it take.
God bless everyone and good luck to all
ABMIR

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
fReSco said:
Minister Kathleen Weil presents the immigration plan for 2012

QUEBEC, 1st November 2011 / CNW Telbec / - The Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, M me Kathleen Weil , staying the course on a selection of young immigrants, skilled and who know French to support economic growth and help meet the challenges demographic, linguistic, social and cultural development. That's what she said during his presentation of the Immigration Plan for 2012 to the media. This plan takes into account the guidelines adopted following public consultation on immigration that took place between April and September.

"The public consultation has helped build consensus with citizens and stakeholders in Quebec society about immigration we want for the coming years. Participants expressed strong support for immigration as a strategic lever for economic development and a selection that favors young, qualified and French, features that facilitate faster integration on the labor market and in society in general . We have taken into account in developing the immigration plan for 2012, "said Minister Weil.

Targets for 2012

Accordance with guidelines adopted for the period 2012-2015, next year, Quebec should accommodate between 51,200 and 53,800 immigrants, a number slightly lower than projected for 2011 (between 52,400 and 55,000). , The pattern for 2012 should be translated as:

The share of immigrants admitted under the Québec selection will be about 75% of total admissions (compared to an average of 72% from 2006 to 2010);

The proportion of immigrants say they know French at the time of admission will be between 64% and 65% of the total volume (compared to an average of 62% from 2006 to 2010);

The share of economic immigrants represent 70% of all immigrants (compared to an average of 65% from 2006 to 2010);
In the category of economic migration - the most voluminous component subject to the Quebec selection - the planned admissions are in the range of 35 600-37 400 people, a number slightly lower than planned in 2011 (36,100 to 37 500 people). The number of skilled workers would be about 30 000 to 31 000 and that of other immigrants of this component, between 600 and 700. The volume of admission into the category of business could be between 2500 and 2700 people. Admissions resulting from the special program of Haiti would be 2 500 to 3 000 people.

In the family class, the admissions would be on the order of 10 500 to 10 800 people, a volume slightly below target in 2011 (11 100-11 500). In the category of refugees and persons in similar circumstances, the number would be between 4600 and 5000 people, including between 2300 and 2500 Refugee selected abroad.

Orientations of the immigration planning for 2012-2015

Plan for immigration contains the guidelines adopted in 2012 following the consultation. They are formulated as follows:

To at least 50% the proportion of principal applicants in the skilled worker holding a training in the fields of competence appropriate to the needs on the labor market;

Maintain the majority share of people with knowledge of French in all admissions;

Increase the level of knowledge of French among the candidates of the skilled worker category;

Maintain annually between 65% and 75% share of persons under 35 years in all admissions;

Help maintain the diversity of immigration, through actions of information, promotion and recruitment in different parts of the world where potential candidates meet, by their knowledge of French, their training and skills, Quebec's needs;

Annually to maintain a minimum 65% share of economic immigration in all admissions;

Aim for a relative stabilization of the volume of admissions during the period 2012-2015, so that at the end of period, in 2015, the average annual admissions was 50 000;
"I welcome the support we received during the public consultation and the openness to diversity among Quebecers. In 2012, in the coming years we will continue to rely on immigration to meet the needs of Quebec, a diversified immigration contribute to economic dynamism of Quebec society and enhancement of its socio-cultural heritage, "concluded the Minister Kathleen Weil .

@fresco
Thanks so much for the information.can you please supply the link to the minister's speech.
Biolah

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013