+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sometimes, it's very hard to digest when consultant says something whether the consultant is MR.C@hen or any other. The consultant who doesn't give respect to Québec when he writes something.

Check out this link where it's written (Bienvenue a Québec) but actually, it's ( Bienvenue au Québec)

http://www.canadavisa.com/bienvenue-a-quebec-quebecs-skilled-worker-program.html

Those who think that it's easy to break the agreement which states that the person intends to live in Québec, then the consequences of breaking the agreement will come in front when the person goes for Canadian citizenship.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
francaise said:
sometimes, it's very hard to digest when consultant says something whether the consultant is MR.C @ hen or any other. The consultant who doesn't give respect to Québec when he writes something.

Check out this link where it's written (Bienvenue a Québec) but actually, it's ( Bienvenue au Québec)

http://www.canadavisa.com/bienvenue-a-quebec-quebecs-skilled-worker-program.html

Those who think that it's easy to break the agreement which states that the person intends to live in Québec, then the consequences of breaking the agreement will come in front when the person goes for Canadian citizenship.
Very well said francaise - food for thought!

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
fReSco said:
In that case you might think about moving to another province and for that you would be able to produce all the evidence you have while finding a job in your area of training.
color]

What evidence?
No one will judge or question you where to live..you can move to any province in Canada as long as you have your PR card.

Again, I'm against it but I argue this point.

fReSco said:

Once you get your passport you can move anywhere...[color]

It has nothing to do with the canadian passport.
Anyone who has PR card can move to any province. It's a "Canadian permanent residency"!
Where did get that so wrong piece of information?! And why do you spread it like it's true.

KLM01

Star Member
Oct 30, 2011
francaise said:
Do you have any evidence about this?! or it's just a shallow warning?!

Well, I have really strong evidences to the opposite.
Cases in which Quebec selected individuals settle in BC, Alberta & Ontario..and they have been granted the Canadian citizenship on time.

So please do not spread wrongful and deceiving information.

P.S..
I am against the idea of using Quebec as a step-over, yet I cannot spread wrong information about those who do so.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello,

to settle down in Quebec or not, has nothing to do with the law of immigration, and i know many friends got CSQ and moved to another provinces just after landing in QC or without it, and they got the Canadian passport without any problem since this matter is a Federal one.
but on the other hand I think that QC is a nice place to live, and its cheaper than any other provinces, and the most important that they (did/will do) give us the chance to catch a dream.
So we must start to think like Quebecois

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
KLM01 said:
Do you have any evidence about this?! or it's just a shallow warning?!

Well, I have really strong evidences to the opposite.
Cases in which Quebec selected individuals settle in BC, Alberta & Ontario..and they have been granted the Canadian citizenship on time.

So please do not spread wrongful and deceiving information.

P.S..
I am against the idea of using Quebec as a step-over, yet I cannot spread wrong information about those who do so.
hi, quebec skilled worker immi is more like PNP, and we get Federal visa on the basis of CSQ issued by Quebec province,, that quebec province has selected you. Also it is mandatory by all applicant to submit Schedule 5-intent to live in quebec. By this, the applicant is agreeing to live and settle in quebec.

Now, like PNP, if applicant moves out of quebec without trying to get settled in the province-quebec, then quebec authorities have all rights to cancel the status of your CSQ and on this basis only, you got your federal pr.
this is what my understanding after so many threads and previous posts on this forum.

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:
Hello people, thanks for the wishes and prayers.... u also shall give Good news soon...
here is my landing experience: it is a long winding one but i will try to keep it brief so as not to bore u.

1) there was no direct flight to Montreal from Nigeria hence i went with Qatar Airways ( the worlds best airline)... it was a 21hrs journry... i flew from Lagos to Doha ( 6hrs) and i had 8 hours stopover at Doha international airport..
Lagos- DoHa Journey: believe u me it was merry making all through the journey.. with the inflight attendents... they fed us till we became fed-up ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D. they kept coming with more and more till we touched dowm in Doha... we arrived Doha 11:25Pm 30mins ahead of schedule..
we were provided with dinner voucher and a blancket with a reclinable chair to rest..... i went sight seeing in some of their amazing shopping complexes at the airport.. b4 retiring to sleep..
Nextday we ate brakefast and we began the 14hrs non-stop journey over the Baltic sea and the Atlantic Ocean... we eventually spent 12hrs for the journey. it was as if the plane wasent moving but alast by 2;30pm we stouched dwn at Monreal... the skylines were beautiful and i reached for my camera to get some pics of Montreal overhead view just b4 touch dwn.
3) Clearing at the airport was intense not due to the procedures but bcos there were several pple arriving.. i spent about 4hours at the airport b4 fnally leaving the port.
4) finding luggage: i will advice that u should attach some thing distinctive to ur luggage when coming as this will help u identify ur luggage quick and u will not for sure if the luggage is yet to drop or it has dropped.. i spent hours finding my luggage. the truth is several pple will use ur kind of travelling bag. so be smart attaach something on it/them.
Thanks for sharing your experience. May you experience great favor and success as you settle down.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
fReSco said:
Can I move to another province, if I'd be selected as a QSW program?

As many seniors have repeat again this and again, I would also highly recommend you guys to be sincere with the Quebec Skilled Worker immigration process. Please do not use it as a window to enter into Canada. Everyone is allowed to move to different provinces unless until you really have a solid reason to do that. And you are also able to prove it by evidence.

For example, you try to settle in Quebec and for some reason you can't find a good job in your area of training. In that case you might think about moving to another province and for that you would be able to produce all the evidence you have while finding a job in your area of training.

Please also be prepared to work in other roles that are not directly relevant to your AOT in start. You may be offered living jobs in start and there shouldn't be any hesitation to accept such jobs. Meanwhile, you can start improving yourself and able to prove that your selection for CSQ is really justified.

Once you get your passport you can move anywhere but I'll request you all if you get a chance to settle down in Quebec please be sincere with it. As it has given you the chance to spend the quality life when none other.

I hope this helps you guys to be prepared in the long run.
Very well said fReSco..
Quebec selected you to settle in their province only. Therefore, unless you have done your effort to settle down in Quebec but was not able to find a job and have a solid valid reason for moving out, then you are jeopardizing the CSQ.

Basically if you can settle anywhere in Canada after getting the CSQ, then the federal immigration system has a gap where it allows people who are not qualified for federal immigration to go around the system and apply through Quebec which doesn't make any sense !!

I heard about many people who got their citizenship 10 years ago without staying in Canada, and that is by just visiting Canada the first time to do the landing and then coming back after 3 years to get their citizenship..

Few month ago and after all these year, these people got their Canadian citizenship revoked..

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
hi, quebec skilled worker immi is more like PNP, and we get Federal visa on the basis of CSQ issued by Quebec province,, that quebec province has selected you. Also it is mandatory by all applicant to submit Schedule 5-intent to live in quebec. By this, the applicant is agreeing to live and settle in quebec.

Now, like PNP, if applicant moves out of quebec without trying to get settled in the province-quebec, then quebec authorities have all rights to cancel the status of your CSQ and on this basis only, you got your federal pr.
this is what my understanding after so many threads and previous posts on this forum.
I totally agree with you.. As other members said that there are cases of immigrants who managed to get their citizenship without staying in Quebec but there is a huge risk goes with that.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
OsamaR said:
I totally agree with you.. As other members said that there are cases of immigrants who managed to get their citizenship without staying in Quebec but there is a huge risk goes with that.
And that would be unfair as well with those who want to settle down there.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
KLM01 said:
What evidence?
No one will judge or question you where to live..you can move to any province in Canada as long as you have your PR card.

Again, I'm against it but I argue this point.

It has nothing to do with the canadian passport.
Anyone who has PR card can move to any province. It's a "Canadian permanent residency"!
Where did get that so wrong piece of information?! And why do you spread it like it's true. - You could differ but please no personal criticism. Peace
It is good to know that at least your area against it either one way or other. I would hate to cross argument but I didn't say you can't move to another province once you have your PR, you can move anywhere but that could end up revoking your PR in the same way as it could be revoked in case of providing wrong information.
And logically, if you are applying for CSQ, you are basically trying to settle in Quebec, there are other programs that you can use to get your PR for other provinces. In this case once you get your CSQ and you move to another province without doing a fair effort can be resulted into revoking your PR.

Though, they are not implementing it at the moment but they can anytime in near future if crooks will be using it the same way. By the way what I have shared is a majority of this thread members think including those people who got their CSQ and those who have landed safely.

Would you mind to produce any evidence to support your statement? And I'd also request you if you could share your CSQ experience details with us? Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Canadian Permanent Resident's have full mobility rights.

This means that, unless you are otherwise legally restricted (bail, bond/agreement, etc.), you can move to any city or province in Canada and live wherever you wish. However, as a new immigrant you may not have access to some of the Quebec-funded services for immigrants that come to that province via their provincial selection process.

Of course Canadian Charter of Rights guarantees you the freedom of mobility, you can move to any Province you want. But Quebec (or any other nominating Province) has the right to revoke the nomination or selection certificate if the nominee doesn't settle in nominating Province and at least make a serious effort to live and succeed there. Once certificate is revoked your PR is gone, so the freedom of mobility rights...

Until now they don't have defined how long your have to stay inside of Quebec but in case people are misusing it, I expect it to be added in near future

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Hi seniors (already landed),

I have a question to ask, your earliest response would be highly appreciated.
Do all CSQ holders are at the time of landing asked about their intentions to settle in Quebec and have to sign it on a proper declaration?

Thanks in advance!

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
fReSco said:
Hi seniors (already landed),

I have a question to ask, your earliest response would be highly appreciated.
Do all CSQ holders are at the time of landing asked about their intentions to settle in Quebec and have to sign it on a proper declaration?

Thanks in advance!
egrace62 who landed recently would definitely have an answer..
WHERE ARE YOU egrace62 :)

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the word 'Intention' says it all... If you can't move to another province they would have made it clear... 'You cannot move to another province'... I think what they mean is you have to go to Quebec give it a try and if you don't feel comfortable after that you can try some place else and move on... But if you take a direct flight to Toronto you definitely don't have the intention and you will be in trouble...

We are all educated people here and i know each and everyone here will have the gratitude for the opportunity Quebec is giving us and will give their very best to settle in Quebec... So lets stop arguing about this help the new guys (including me :D) get their applications right....

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

As we need to attach the photocopy of the PR application for HK, does it have to be signed and dated.

Thanks