App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ Applicante.Ph et Kaps1760..... congratulations on this good news.......... more of such from u both... Cheers ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :)

@ FIIRM,: wishing u luck and speed with the process bro...... aw is ur french going? Cheers

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am from India and have two questions.

1. I have completed 15 years of full time education - Secondary Education of 10 years, Higher Secondary of 2 years, and Bachelor of Science (Pure) of 3 years. On the "What is the highest level diploma recognized by the State that you have received?" question, which option do I select?

2. My wife will not be accompanying me, she will probably join me there in a year or so. Do I answer No to "Do you have a spouse or de facto spouse who is accompanying you to Québec?"

Would really appreciate if you get me these answers as I am a bit confused.

Regards,

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Quebec_2012 said:
Hello everyone,

I am from India and have two questions.

1. I have completed 15 years of full time education - Secondary Education of 10 years, Higher Secondary of 2 years, and Bachelor of Science (Pure) of 3 years. On the "What is the highest level diploma recognized by the State that you have received?" question, which option do I select Bachelor of arts or science or commerce in which you did?

2. My wife will not be accompanying me, she will probably join me there in a year or so. Do I answer No to "Do you have a spouse or de facto spouse who is accompanying you to Québec? Frankly speaking if u really dont want your wife to stay with u in future then say no otherwise yes choice is your "

Would really appreciate if you get me these answers as I am a bit confused.

Regards,

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
That was very quick Still Hope ... thank you very much for that.

Its Bachelor of Science. My wife is a Master's with no experience in French. I am just confused whether to include her in my application and meet the elevated target of points, or just sponsor her when I am there. Following are the details:

I am 31 years old, B.Sc., passed in 2001, no relevant experience as I moved into General Management & Market Research, my spouse is an MCA who practised her skills for 1 year, we have a 2 year old kid. Am expert level in English, and about to start with French. Am confident will at least be DELF A2 in the next 5-6 months.

Can you tell me how many points am I earning and how close/safe am I?

Regards,

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Quebec_2012 said:
That was very quick Still Hope ... thank you very much for that.

Its Bachelor of Science. My wife is a Master's with no experience in French. I am just confused whether to include her in my application and meet the elevated target of points, or just sponsor her when I am there. Following are the details:

I am 31 years old, B.Sc., passed in 2001, no relevant experience as I moved into General Management & Market Research, my spouse is an MCA who practised her skills for 1 year, we have a 2 year old kid. Am expert level in English, and about to start with French. Am confident will at least be DELF A2 in the next 5-6 months.

if u become your self as a principal applicant then u can score 6 point for your education 8 points for your exp 16 points for your age 6 points for your english, and 3+3+2+4+1 ( for your wife and child ) total 49 points 100 % rejections unless u pass delf b1 and if your wife become a principal applicant then your points as below i hope her MCA is less then 5 years ago then she can manage 12+6 for her studies and area of training , 16 for her age (if she is under 35) 6for english (if she is good in english) and hope she have atlest one year experience then 2 points and spouse points 3+0+3+4+1 =11 so total points are 53 then she need to pass delf a2 or if u both pass delf a1 then u r eligible to apply

Can you tell me how many points am I earning and how close/safe am I?

Regards,

gems_19

Aug 30, 2011
Hi guys, I have doubt reagrding french points. Im writing A1, for this I get 1+1 points. what if both me and wife write A1, how would be points considered? Is it 1+1 for both that is equal to 4 or still 2 points for principle applicant and no points for wife? Thank you guys.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gems_19 said:
Hi guys, I have doubt reagrding french points. Im writing A1, for this I get 1+1 points. what if both me and wife write A1, how would be points considered? Is it 1+1 for both that is equal to 4 or still 2 points for principle applicant and no points for wife?a1 (Principal applicant) - 2pt and a1 (spouse) - 2pt Thank you guys.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

Can anyone give me reviews on Y-axis if anyone in this forum have gone through them...they claim to be the number one immigration consultants

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
niravk said:
Hi friends

Can anyone give me reviews on Y-axis if anyone in this forum have gone through them...they claim to be the number one immigration consultants
Niravk, its strongly recommended against immigration consultants, they charge a hefty fee for nothing but arranging your documents. This forum coupled with the (CIC and Immigration Quebec) websites are good enough to help you apply.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thank you Still Hope for your reply, I get even more confused, especially when the website mentioned I qualify. Please confirm/contradict the following - where am I going wrong with my calculations?

Education - BSc (Pure Sciences), 2001 - 10 points (Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies)

Validated Employment offer - None - 0 points (6 or 10 points depending on in/out of Montreal)

Work experience - total 9 years, 2002-2011, full time - 8 points (48+ months = 8 points)

Age - 31 years - 16 points (18-35 = 16 points)

Language proficiency - French - High beginner (will clear DELF A2 in the next 5-6 months) - 3+3 points

Language proficiency - English - Advanced - 3+3 points

Stay & family - None - 0 points

Child - 1 child, 2 years old - 4 points

Financial self sufficiency - Not a problem - 1 point

I will talk about my wife's chances of applying as a principal applicant later ... thanks in advance.

Regards,

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Quebec_2012

I was just exploring :)

Quebec_2012 said:
Niravk, its strongly recommended against immigration consultants, they charge a hefty fee for nothing but arranging your documents. This forum coupled with the (CIC and Immigration Quebec) websites are good enough to help you apply.

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends
i got to know one very important thing for quebec which is as under

Getting citizenship of canada from quebec PR.?
Question :

hi, i am planning to apply for permanent residency of Quebec, i want to know after how long i can apply for citizenship of Canada? and is there any rule that i have to stay in Quebec if i want to get Canadian citizenship? if i am PR of Quebec can i work and stay in other province?

Answer :
You need to become PR and accumulate days of residing in Canada of 1095 days (equivalent to 3 years) in a 4 years period to be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. Days in Canada before you become PR can be counted in, but 2 days before PR needed to count for 1 days (this basically limit the number of days that come from stay in Canada before become PR to 1 year, the other 2 years have to be after PR). See the first link below and read thoroughly.

For citizenship eligibility there is no limitation on where in Canada you have to stay; you can stay in any province or territory.

Your last question is a bit tricky one. In principle, once you are PR you are free to move anywhere in Canada. That said, in gained PR status through Quebec path, you are required to make statement that you indeed intent to settle in Quebec. If you move out from Quebec after become PR without strong reason, Quebec can claim you did not actually intent to stay in Quebec when you apply to Quebec, and therefore you made a misrepresentation in the application, and therefore your PR can be revoked. So while you can move out from Quebec, you should make a reasonable (and provable) effort to stay in Quebec.

Of course if there is a strong cause, e.g. you married somebody from outside Quebec, or it turn out Quebec climate is bad for you and your physician recommend you to move to Vancouver, then you can move right away. But if you have no specific issue, actually can find work appropriate to your skills, then you should stay awhile, AFAIK rule of thumb is around a year, before you move out. If you cannot find appropriate work you can move sooner, even sooner if you move since an appropriate job is offered to you in other province; but document your job seeking effort carefully

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
darshmodi said:
Dear Friends
i got to know one very important thing for quebec which is as under

Getting citizenship of canada from quebec PR.?
Question :

hi, i am planning to apply for permanent residency of Quebec, i want to know after how long i can apply for citizenship of Canada? and is there any rule that i have to stay in Quebec if i want to get Canadian citizenship? if i am PR of Quebec can i work and stay in other province?

Answer :
You need to become PR and accumulate days of residing in Canada of 1095 days (equivalent to 3 years) in a 4 years period to be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship. Days in Canada before you become PR can be counted in, but 2 days before PR needed to count for 1 days (this basically limit the number of days that come from stay in Canada before become PR to 1 year, the other 2 years have to be after PR). See the first link below and read thoroughly.

For citizenship eligibility there is no limitation on where in Canada you have to stay; you can stay in any province or territory.

Your last question is a bit tricky one. In principle, once you are PR you are free to move anywhere in Canada. That said, in gained PR status through Quebec path, you are required to make statement that you indeed intent to settle in Quebec. If you move out from Quebec after become PR without strong reason, Quebec can claim you did not actually intent to stay in Quebec when you apply to Quebec, and therefore you made a misrepresentation in the application, and therefore your PR can be revoked. So while you can move out from Quebec, you should make a reasonable (and provable) effort to stay in Quebec.

Of course if there is a strong cause, e.g. you married somebody from outside Quebec, or it turn out Quebec climate is bad for you and your physician recommend you to move to Vancouver, then you can move right away. But if you have no specific issue, actually can find work appropriate to your skills, then you should stay awhile, AFAIK rule of thumb is around a year, before you move out. If you cannot find appropriate work you can move sooner, even sooner if you move since an appropriate job is offered to you in other province; but document your job seeking effort carefully
I found it useful, I think Quebec immigration shouldn't be used as a window to enter other parts of Canada otherwise the waiting time of others who really want to settle down in Quebec can increase. I think Quebec should find a strong solution for this phenomenon.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
I agree with Quebec2011 - why would you want to make so much efforts in learning French, acclimatising to the culture there, and then leave for other provinces? Of course, it is a strong cultural shock language issues, or job opportunities, there may not be any other reasons why someone would like to get Quebec PR and move out elsewhere.

Can you help me with my points please from my other post - really need to decide whether to apply or not?

Regards,