+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

sandy999

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
quebec2011 said:
Next is Preliminary assessment stage once it is finished they will let u know its result. If your AOT is in section A and B you are gonna get its result in 2-3 months or else 6-7 months. Result could be interview call, waiver of interview, interview waiting list...
good luck

So in my case i comes under insurance and financial advisory category AOT.
And my application was reached in march-2011 so when i will be getting result as per you?

Thanks

sandy999

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
shootingstar said:
Is the birth certificate absolutely mandatory? my husband does not have one!! We thought we could use the date of birth on the passport as proof. Any solution to my problem?
No dear,

Even in my case i lost my birth certificate so i have send following notarised copies for the birth proof

IELTS result

school leaving certificate

new Passport copy

old passport copy

marriage certificate copy

PAN card copy (indian)

akuma

Jun 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
-
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Dear Ricoluna, quebec2011 , STILLHOPE and all the seniors

Thanks for your kind reply much appreciate your effort :)
now i have some questions

1. Do i need to take English Test is it compulsory as i am already working in a English Working Environment

2. Is French Necessary for my Spouse also? (Because when i sent my evaluation to David Cohen and Quebec Official website they said its ok to not to do french) as i am still qualified to apply.

3. And sorry i wanted to mention Network Administrator (also i give hardware and software support to the institution) but mentioned head of the department and i don't teach...

so i request you to please review my case again..

Thanks!!!!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
akuma said:
Dear Ricoluna, quebec2011 , STILLHOPE and all the seniors

Thanks for your kind reply much appreciate your effort :)
now i have some questions

1. Do i need to take English Test is it compulsory as i am already working in a English Working Environment Not necessary take a letter from your institute that first language in your work place is english on company letter head

2. Is French Necessary for my Spouse also? (Because when i sent my evaluation to David Cohen and Quebec Official website they said its ok to not to do french) as i am still qualified to apply.Not necessary at the movement ,U can apply now but we suggest u that she can start learning french as well as with u because quenbec is french speaking province and secondly most of the case got rejection due to lack of french and thirdly visa officer want to see your efforts that how u r learning french at the time of interview If she clears delf a1 before interview that is good for your case.

3. And sorry i wanted to mention Network Administrator (also i give hardware and software support to the institution) but mentioned head of the department and i don't teach...If u prove that u r working as a network administraor then it is lot better and then u will get extra 6 points for your area of training

thanks
stillhope

so i request you to please review my case again..

Thanks!!!!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Thanks shersta,

I didn't know that they don't give 12points for master degree from Philippins, so that's why I mentioned in brackets that I hope so they give 12 points for masters.

And it is very hard to remember points for all the countries unless some one mention in their post that where he/she belongs too.

Stillhope

quote author=shersta link=topic=37196.msg851781#msg851781 date=1309570393]
According to Quebec's Tableau Comparatif des Diplomes Philippins, a Master's degree from the Philippines gets us 10 points, not 12.
[/quote]

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE said:
Thanks shersta,

I didn't know that they don't give 12points for master degree from Philippins, so that's why I mentioned in brackets that I hope so they give 12 points for masters.

And it is very hard to remember points for all the countries unless some one mention in their post that where he/she belongs too.

Stillhope

quote author=shersta link=topic=37196.msg851781#msg851781 date=1309570393]
According to Quebec's Tableau Comparatif des Diplomes Philippins, a Master's degree from the Philippines gets us 10 points, not 12.
No worries, and thanks for being so helpful to everybody. :)

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
sandy

could u explain little bit more because in your earlier post that they requested your date of birth certificate which u send on 9th june. So did u send original birth certificate issued by Municipal corporation of your city or u just send these documents which u mentioned below like PAN card, passport copy or Marriage certificate copy as a proof of date of birth certificate.

thank
stillhope

sandy999 said:
No dear,

Even in my case i lost my birth certificate so i have send following notarised copies for the birth proof

IELTS result

school leaving certificate

new Passport copy

old passport copy

marriage certificate copy

PAN card copy (indian)

sandy999

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
STILLHOPE said:
sandy

could u explain little bit more because in your earlier post that they requested your date of birth certificate which u send on 9th june. So did u send original birth certificate issued by Municipal corporation of your city or u just send these documents which u mentioned below like PAN card, passport copy or Marriage certificate copy as a proof of date of birth certificate.

thank
stillhope

Hi Stillhope and other members

When i send my application i did not send my birth certificate as it is misplaced by me but i send

School leaving certificate notarised
Passport copy notarised..

But after getting the file number they asked for my birth certificate and when i enquire in my municipal
corporation for the duplicate ,municipal people told me that it can take 2 to 3 months to get it..

But as per the letter deadline i have to send in 90 days time so i send other documents(which mentioned my date of birth) notarised copy so we donot have to send any of the original documents...

i hope this will clear ur doubts....

Sandy

mbqsw

Jun 4, 2011
Estonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all!

two questions about language.
what does "IELTS Request" mean in our profiles here?

what if someone's wife does not speak French?
this question is not for me!
my friend, he can manage both English and French
considering Quebec marking system, they (this couple) will get the minimum 57 marks
but the interview will be with both of them. does she need to know French as well?
(self evaluation webpage also says "you can be accepted...")

akramkhan444

Jul 3, 2011
Hi there,

I am planning to apply for quebec selection certificate, have read some of ur posts , it seems u got through , i am confused should i apply directly or go through consultancy. I am really new to this.

Regards,

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
@akram khan: no need to go for consultancy, almost all of us applied on our own, and got succeeded. we are all here to help you out through ur process !!

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@mbqsw,
Here IELTS means that some of our friends had send the IELTS certificate with their application.

Quebec is a french speaking society so obviously when you are going to interview and also when you are going to settle down in Quebec french is required. This is the minimum effort that someone makes to show that he/she wants to integrate in Quebec society. So in interview wife is also asked to speak at least basic french , I know a couple who had more than 60 points without adaptability but still they couldn't make in interview and the reason was that the wife didn't know french, well that depends on the mood of interviewer too.

rajughosh

Mar 26, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18,2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
@ Qubec2011 : Greetings!! We are also interested in Qubec, but none of us (both husband and wife) know French. We have used the eligibility tool to test ourselves mentioning that we do not know French and still we were marked as ELIGIBLE. Does that mean this is FALSE? Is the interview a determining factor, which seems to as per your experience with an acquaintance mentioned here. Please guide us on this. We are very keen on applying for Qubec and we intend to learn French too.

Thanks and Regards,
Raju

sandy999

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Hi friends

can anyone give me clarification for the quebec.

My question is that after landing to quebec or any part in quebec what time we have to compulsorily stay.

or we can move to other part also?

And if are moving to another part than we can get citizenship or not

pls reply

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
rajughosh said:
@ Qubec2011 : Greetings!! We are also interested in Qubec, but none of us (both husband and wife) know French. We have used the eligibility tool to test ourselves mentioning that we do not know French and still we were marked as ELIGIBLE. Does that mean this is FALSE? Is the interview a determining factor, which seems to as per your experience with an acquaintance mentioned here. Please guide us on this. We are very keen on applying for Qubec and we intend to learn French too.

Thanks and Regards,
Raju
It is simple if you can fulfill the required 57 point without french proficiency so go ahead and apply but be careful when you are applying check french as basic in your application and enclose the enrollment letter from AF of yourself and your wife with your application and send it to BIQ , this means that you have taken the first step towards integration in a french speaking society
Interview is a determining period!!!
God bless