+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Rizza88

Jan 13, 2014
Jenalby said:
Dont worry just simply check with your bank ,if your dd has been encashed.Then most likely your file number is posted out ,may be its still on the way.
Hello, jenalby!

I actually submitted my application together with the bank draft with the help of a visa assisting agency. I received an email back then from my Canadian coordinator that my application had been submitted to the relevant visa office on March 10, 2014. I emailed my coordinator again today and he told me not to worry about the draft expiring because MICC would send it back along with the file number and asks to resubmit a new draft. (sigh) I have a feeling that I have to pay for another one again as I don't want any delays.

This makes me really sad.

:'(

fr3ak

Star Member
Mar 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
[glow=black,2,300][color=white][b]s149[/b][/color][/glow]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[glow=blue,2,300][color=yellow][b]March 20, 2014[/b][/color][/glow]
Doc's Request.
[glow=purple,2,300][color=orange][b]July 26, 2016[/b][/color][/glow]
Nomination.....
[img]http://goo.gl/bxa3ot[/img]
AOR Received.
[glow=blue,2,300][color=yellow][b]Nov 24, 2014[/b][/color][/glow][img]http://dvcm.daisypath.com/Y2sop3.png[/img]
Rizza88 said:
Hello everyone!

I have submitted my application to Quebec last March 10 which means it will be my 6th month this coming September 10 and unfortunately still don't have my file number. What makes me confused is that 2 of my friends submitted theirs last March 17 and March 25 have already received their file numbers last 1st week of July. All 3 of us submitted with the help of the same visa assistance agency. I know that each application is unique but I couldn't help and think that compared to one of my friends, I have 1 year more work experience (3.6 years > 2.5 years) and my IELTS scores were higher than hers. As for the other one, she submitted without a paid work experience. Both of them, like me, didn't submit any French language diploma.

I'm really nervous. My bank draft is expiring in 9 days and I just don't know what to do. :'(

Can someone please shed some light?

Thanks.
were on the same boat Rizza88... but i used CC and i was debited more than a month ago

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
"THE OTHER SIDE OF STORY IN QUEBEC"

hello friends..
I would like to share some shocking news story which I read very recently...

as we all are aspiring to enter in Canada and that too we are doing so by applying through qsw... so we must know some of the facts..

pls read the article first and MOST IMPORTANTLY.. read all the comments below this article:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942

I am producing some of the several comments below:

"@Really? It is enough that one uses French first to customers since Francophones are in the majority. Forcing two workers who are not serving people to only speak french to each other if their mother tongue is something else is abusive. It presents the big lie that Quebec is all one happy band of Francophones. It is not. Not everyone here is comfortable with suppressing their own culture so that the majority feels comfortable especially since we have seen every attempt to mitigate the influence of Anglophones not only from public view but from the workforce and public service. When a child turns to their parent upon hearing English and is surprised thinking it is illegal to even speak it, when Montreal public transit workers tell us its against the law to speak English to their users and physically attack non-french customers for daring to speak English to them then the big lie has become the truth to some. Bill 101 mandates the primacy of French in the workplace in companies with 50 or more employees. It requires that written communications in those workplaces be in French. It also makes sure a Francophone has the right to work in French. It does not ban the use of other languages in serving customers and it certainly does not ban the use of a language other than French between non-Francophones or even Francophones if that was their choice. The Anglophone community is clearly demonstrating that the pendulum has swung too far and we will not support nor allow our language to be hidden from public hearing behind the walls of our own homes never to be heard on the streets or in the workplace. There are certain people advocating passing laws so only French should be heard in Montreal in public. They cannot abide that Montreal works bilingually in everyday life and work to create friction where virtually none exists. When a 17 year old speaks out as this young woman has done, it is a wake up call to those zealots who are taking the language thing way too far. Quebec is our home too and we are not going to be made invisible."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4O5zedi

"I find it very discriminatory to forbid someone to speak whatever language they wish to while on their break. The ability to be bi-lingual should not be frowned upon it is an asset to your establishment. As a bilingual (English/French) person who has lived and worked all around Ontario I have been exposed to many cultures and languages in the work place. In many parts of Northern Ontario it is almost necessary to be bilingual in English and French to obtain employment, I have never been told to speak on 1 specific language to customers/clients. To provide excellent customer service businesses hire individuals who can serve clients in both languages and you serve your clients in whatever language “the client” prefers, not the business. When serving a client depending on where I am living if I great them in English and they respond in French they I continue to serve in the language they are most comfortable with and vice versa. I have even learned to communicate with basic Polish language while working in an office with a large percentage of polish clientele and owners. There seems to be a double standard for many Francophone communities in Ontario and Quebec when it comes to language. Many English speaking individuals are expected to be able to communicate in both English and French but the French speaking individuals do not feel it necessary to offer the same courtesy."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4P92PdF

"Talk about going too far in the other direction. When I was a young girl growing up Anglophone in Montreal, French did not have the preservation of their language like they do now and things needed to change but this is too far in the opposite direction. This is outright stamping on people's rights and because of their current government, people like this supervisor feels she can get away with trying to wipe English from Quebec. Well, good thing for a young woman with the guts to go public on this. Sad thing is that the owner of the store would never have suspended the supervisor if she had not been caught."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4PTzfX6

"Typical, I've been to Quebec twice, had trouble with my debit card at a gas pump and there was no one who would help me because I only speak english and german. When I did get back to Canada( Ontario ) I kissed the ground. I will never return to that place as long as I live. Dumb part is that when people from Quebec come to saskatchewan I do everything I can to make them feel welcome. See I care about tourism, doesn't the government of Quebec get it."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4PtRv9G

"As an anglo living in Quebec (Hull), I understand everyone's frustration and anger over this and share it, as the french requirement to work in Quebec is very frustrating (understandable as you wouldn't have a purely french speaking person work at a Tim Horton's in downtown Edmonton, so why have an english person in a french city). Thankfully I have the advantage of working across the border in Ottawa, but I end up getting dinged on taxes. This situation of forcing staff to speak french on the staffs off time is yet another example of the language issue going too far in Quebec. Yes, since the quiet revolution, Quebecers have changed from identifying themselves based on religion, to language, but there is a difference between protecting your identity and barring others from expressing theirs. As long as the person is able to communicate to the public in the area that they live in, how they talk outside of that is not the concern of anyone aside from the people having that conversation. I give props to Meaghan for doing this, but sadly with the culture in Quebec, she is going to have a very hard time finding new jobs for the next little while after this."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4QGEmQD

"Quebec is reaping what it sows. In its continuing quest to demonize anglophone (and occasionally, allophone) Quebeckers, the government of Quebec has, by example, implicitly made it acceptable, and indeed encouraged francophone Québecois to look down on their fellow anglophone Quebeckers and treat them as something less than equal citizens, although they continue to take anglophone tax dollars for the collective well-being without returning fair value. It should come as no surprise to anyone that some francophone Québecois have taken their government's behaviour as license to "instruct" their fellow anglophone Quebeckers with their own interpretation of the law."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4Qa8TAK

"I lived and worked in Quebec...briefly.I felt like I was living under a dictatorship. There were some wonderful people, but working and being anglophone was degrading.I couldn't transfer from my position here to one in Quebec because of language barriers.I tried to learn the language but was not proficient...this was in a primarily English speaking area. I got a job at a factory and felt like I went back in time 100 years. We were not allowed to speak or ask questions..no one raised their head from their work.I had to change all my legal identification back to my Maiden name...even though I was not married in Quebec. What a nightmare.Then when I moved back home I had to change it all back again.There were some very compassionate and understanding Anglophone employers, but, it is the law ...even the it is part of Canada... to speak French to be employed. One company had us address the customers in french and if they responded in English we could speak in English."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/iga-suspends-supervisor-after-employee-told-to-only-speak-french-1.1344942#ixzz3C4QuvoW2

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
SOMETHING MORE TO LEARN ABOUT NEW GOVERNMENT RULES IN QUEBEC...

Opinion: The insidious racism of the Quebec charter of values: http://globalnews.ca/news/1217808/opinion-the-insidious-racism-of-the-quebec-charter-of-values/

Quebec's Charter of Values Disregards Human Dignity: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/sukanya-pillay/quebec-charter-of-values-discrimination_b_3930889.html

Don't Ask, Don't Tell: Canada's Approach to Racism: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/rachel-decoste/canada-racism_b_3986270.html

At a glance: Quebec Charter of Values' 5 proposals: http://globalnews.ca/news/830801/at-a-glance-quebec-charter-of-values-five-proposals/
(scroll down the link page to look at the picture showing symbols that are considered to be in-appropriate in public in Quebec Province of Canada)

Parti Quebecois unveils details of Charter of Values: http://globalnews.ca/news/830616/parti-quebecois-unveils-details-of-charter-of-values/

Organizations lining up to voice their thoughts on Charter of Values: http://globalnews.ca/news/1044030/organizations-lining-up-to-voice-their-thoughts-on-charter-of-values/

However, the new government formed by LIBERAL Party have shown some signs to make changes in Quebec Charter of Values. Read it below:

Quebecers ready to put charter of values to rest: http://globalnews.ca/news/1258029/quebecers-ready-to-put-charter-of-values-to-rest/

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
Hello all,

What is the original proof of social scurity contributions in India? Are these PF contributions? Now a days, PF is all online, there are no hard copies given. In such circumstances, how do we show the original proof of social security contributions?

Please answer the question. This is very important now I have only 60 days to reply or they will decline my application.

Thank you verymuch.
Anand

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anand_Inida said:
Hello all,

What is the original proof of social scurity contributions in India? Are these PF contributions? Now a days, PF is all online, there are no hard copies given. In such circumstances, how do we show the original proof of social security contributions?

Please answer the question. This is very important now I have only 60 days to reply or they will decline my application.

Thank you verymuch.
Anand
Hello Anand,

I just submitted my application for QSW with a Online copy of the PF statement about a month ago, lets see what happens (it will take at least a year for them to reply), India doesn't provide any hard copies any more, its all Online, my father went to their office at least 4-5 times and no one provided even a printout, leave a certified copy stamp aside. I guess you should write a letter to them explaining the situation.

Regards,
Nikhil

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
nikolain said:
Hello Anand,

I just submitted my application for QSW with a Online copy of the PF statement about a month ago, lets see what happens (it will take at least a year for them to reply), India doesn't provide any hard copies any more, its all Online, my father went to their office at least 4-5 times and no one provided even a printout, leave a certified copy stamp aside. I guess you should write a letter to them explaining the situation.

Regards,
Nikhil
Nikhil
Thanks for the reply. But you see this is where quebec immigration is following ancient methods. I have seen some of the posts where people were rejected for not able to provide hard copies of the proof of social security contributions. The whole world is going online in this digital age. They don't understand that it is impossible to give PF details in paper for all working class in India.
They gave me a deadline till nov 1 to get all documents and clearly written in the mail that they will reject if I fail to submit those.
I have 76 points and validated employment my wife is also working yet they want to reject the application. on other hand they complain about budget deficiency while rejecting people who pay good taxes and generate revenue and jobs to them.
Anand

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anand_Inida said:
Nikhil
Thanks for the reply. But you see this is where quebec immigration is following ancient methods. I have seen some of the posts where people were rejected for not able to provide hard copies of the proof of social security contributions. The whole world is going online in this digital age. They don't understand that it is impossible to give PF details in paper for all working class in India.
They gave me a deadline till nov 1 to get all documents and clearly written in the mail that they will reject if I fail to submit those.
I have 76 points and validated employment my wife is also working yet they want to reject the application. on other hand they complain about budget deficiency while rejecting people who pay good taxes and generate revenue and jobs to them.
Anand
Will your points still cross 63 if employment is not awarded points ?

jobys

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
Doc's Request.
29-08-2014 and updated on 02-10-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ after interview on 20/5/2015; Federal application received in CIO on 12/06/2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2013/ Federal on 25-08-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
17/03/2016
Med's Done....
19/03/2016
Preferred said:
See my suggestions above. Check with other people from your country of origin as well. All the best
Thank you Preferred for your valuable suggestions. .. :) :)

jobys

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2013
Doc's Request.
29-08-2014 and updated on 02-10-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ after interview on 20/5/2015; Federal application received in CIO on 12/06/2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2013/ Federal on 25-08-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
17/03/2016
Med's Done....
19/03/2016
reebu1 said:
Did you apply through some agent?
No reebu.. I do not have an agent.. I applied myself

Anand_Inida

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2014
Doc's Request.
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along
Interview........
Waived
nikolain said:
Will your points still cross 63 if employment is not awarded points ?
I will have all 76 of them. I need to show that I am working for 4 yrs in last 5 yrs. I have documents as requested by them for 4.5 yrs. but that's not the point. You see my spouse does not have any points for her job and experience. Still they have asked for it , they can reject me not based on points but based on new immigration rule about compliance of supporting documents.
I have some news from my lawyer which may not encouraging for some Asian applicants. You see in the forum people are rejected for not able to submit some documents which are irrelevant to points system. By this law , the point system is baseless. They can reject any one who deviates a little from the documents check list set by them. The standard is measured against the system they have in Quebec.This is the method being followed to clear the backlogs and to discourage those who qualify without French.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Anand_Inida said:
I will have all 76 of them. I need to show that I am working for 4 yrs in last 5 yrs. I have documents as requested by them for 4.5 yrs. but that's not the point. You see my spouse does not have any points for her job and experience. Still they have asked for it , they can reject me not based on points but based on new immigration rule about compliance of supporting documents.
I have some news from my lawyer which may not encouraging for some Asian applicants. You see in the forum people are rejected for not able to submit some documents which are irrelevant to points system. By this law , the point system is baseless. They can reject any one who deviates a little from the documents check list set by them. The standard is measured against the system they have in Quebec.This is the method being followed to clear the backlogs and to discourage those who qualify without French.

You made a really good point. And they charge hundreds of CAD in processing it, getting one's hope up, then ... For many of us from developing countries, that's a lot of money.

As some fellow applicants from India, my social security contribution is also on-line printed pdf.. It's like this in China now, since last year, to improve efficiency. It's clearly stated the printed-out black and white copy has the same effect as the one with a red stamp.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
The mail I received from MICC had the following information
- Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums issued by a government authority
I believe PF is given by employer not any government authority(I dont understand what is Quebec trying)
-Note: If you are unable to provide proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums, you must provide the original or certified true copy of the original proof of payment of the income tax
- (Income-Tax Department or ITR-V Acknowledgement Acknowledgement) -India
Watch out

Documents issued by an employer and electronic documents are not accepted as proof of social security contributions or the payment of income tax.

This was solely given in the mail I received.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Jenalby said:
The mail I received from MICC had the following information
- Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums issued by a government authority
I believe PF is given by employer not any government authority(I dont understand what is Quebec trying)
-Note: If you are unable to provide proof of social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums, you must provide the original or certified true copy of the original proof of payment of the income tax
- (Income-Tax Department or ITR-V Acknowledgement Acknowledgement) -India
Watch out

Documents issued by an employer and electronic documents are not accepted as proof of social security contributions or the payment of income tax.

This was solely given in the mail I received.
Jenalby,
They should at least mention that "electronic documents not accepted" in the document checklist in the first place. So now it's almost sure we will be rejected? My social contribution proof is printed online, which is the only available version now in my country (i just got off phone with them). Even if i require my income tax proof, that will also be only printed online in China now. Geez, i havent even got the file number yet... that's so disappointing.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
Miumiu said:
Jenalby,
They should at least mention that "electronic documents not accepted" in the document checklist in the first place. So now it's almost sure we will be rejected? My social contribution proof is printed online, which is the only available version now in my country (i just got off phone with them). Even if i require my income tax proof, that will also be only printed online in China now. Geez, i havent even got the file number yet... that's so disappointing.
I would say Quebec should grow up and start learning that everything is online even in developing countries too lol.Almost everybody have problem with issue now Quebec should have thought about it before giving us our file number,now requesting a set of whole new documents wouldnt serve the purpose at all..Am still confused.