Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey Egrace...i agrre with u on everything expect RPRF fee..isnt to be paid along with the medical??

Shahi

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
@egrace62
You are so wonderful!!!! I would like to thank you very very much and I hope you the best in the federal stage as I understand you are in the federal stage now.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pls for those who are gathering documents for the federal-leg of their application. pls ensure to get these two important documents which is usually tailor-made to each visa office requirements.
Appendix A...... this is the checklist of all required documents,the respective applicant is expected to tick each iteam as it applies to his/her case.
2) application for permanent residence ( Guides for Quebec selected applicants).this contains information on how to fill the form.
3) Appendix B; passport specification.
@ Shahi, yeah u are right , the DMP will send medical result while the applicant sends the draft for RPRF.

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Shahi said:
Hey Egrace...i agrre with u on everything expect RPRF fee..isnt to be paid along with the medical??

Shahi
true..even regarding this fee they have told "Don't pay RPRF fee until they say you to Pay it", So, I think only $550 draft would be fine to send along with the initial application.... and Shahi r u going to send ur application with PCC or without it??

Sher Singh

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Sher Singh and E-Grace..

The 550$CAD should be payble to The Receiver General for Canada..this is clear... but it should be payble at??...please tell me the place i ned to mention?

Sher Singh...PCC has to be included with the federal file... its not an option!

Shahi

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
For me I don't know why i'm still under confusion as my Visa Office is Buffalo and the payment options are bit different from VO to VO; Shahi I guess following applies on ur case in India BUT my question is Which option is for us #1 or #2 from the followings??

#1. If you are applying as a federal skilled worker...Then you must...pay the processing fees to the CIO in Canadian funds. Fees are payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or to the "Receiver General for Canada" by:
•certified cheque,
•bank draft, or
•money order.Do not enclose cash.
Note: Refer to the Payment Instructions in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

#2. If you are applying as a Provincial Nominee, or a Quebec - Selected Skilled Worker; refer to the Payment Instructions in this section to pay the processing fees and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

Sher Singh

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
@ chibiks, i am 87days old on d federal queue. hoping to get medical request from ACCRA soonest. which of the BIQ offices is handling ur CSQ file?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
sher_singh said:
For me I don't know why i'm still under confusion as my Visa Office is Buffalo and the payment options are bit different from VO to VO; Shahi I guess following applies on ur case in India BUT my question is Which option is for us #1 or #2 from the followings??

#1. If you are applying as a federal skilled worker...Then you must...pay the processing fees to the CIO in Canadian funds. Fees are payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or to the "Receiver General for Canada" by:
•certified cheque,
•bank draft, or
•money order.Do not enclose cash.
Note: Refer to the Payment Instructions in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

#2. If you are applying as a Provincial Nominee, or a Quebec - Selected Skilled Worker; refer to the Payment Instructions in this section to pay the processing fees and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

Sher Singh
Friend, give urself no stress, the most important thing is that u pay to the right person ( The Receiver General for canada). if they feel it is too fast all they will do is to give u a refund. they can never deny u payed and of course u can never b too late to pay this RPRF fee. so either way u win cos money back is guaranteed ;D

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
egrace62 said:
Friend, give urself no stress, the most important thing is that u pay to the right person ( The Receiver General for canada). if they feel it is too fast all they will do is to give u a refund. they can never deny u payed and of course u can never b too late to pay this RPRF fee. so either way u win cos money back is guaranteed ;D
lol egrace, true, now am planning to send both these Fee's as two different bank drafts [ Both Payable to "The Receiver General for Canada" ?? ]. hope they will accept.

Sher Singh

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
@ egrace62
Montreal is handling my csq file but it now takes 1 year from montreal to process csq file making it arguably the slowest processing office for non-priority candidates. Applied April 2010 ending, first AOR received july 2010; they said it takes about 8 months from first AOR to receive interview call when I called their office to find out status so I am expecting to hear from them this month or next. But I have learnt my lesson, will not submit federal to buffalo, running back to ACCRA!!!

Also I can tell you that Quebec is a very nice province, with a vast land mass actually representing 20% of the Canadian economy. Also the Government has a lot of free french programs for immigrants; One friend was receiving about $600-$700 or soo per month to study french full time. The biggest favor we can do ourselves is actually to become at least B2 fluent at landing time as that will make getting a job way easy as its very difficult to get a job without french.

egrace if you are in Canada, you could go to Quebec city for for like 1 month immersion, if in europe, 1-3 month immersion in lyon or marseille will do, if in africa, 1 - 3 months immersion in cotonou, senegal or any french speaking african country will do wonders for ur french!

shahzadchowdhry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Kuala Lumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2010
Nomination.....
23-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-12-2010
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2011
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today. I went in person at around 9.00am. Submitted everythng (Landing fees, photos and passports) at 9.30am. They told me to come n get the landing papers and passports at 11 am. On my landing papers, its written destination "Montreal", however now i want to go to Hull. So the best option for me is to land at Ottawa. Will tht be an issue?
I also want to thank u guys for the support and guidance and wish u guys all the bests.
Regards
Shahzad

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Dear All,

Happy to share my experience with you. I would also like to check if anyone has more details on processing times of the Abu Dhabi office. Here's my case:

Application Date to Quebec: November 2009
CSQ received: January 2010
Federal application: August 2010
Immigration file number issued: September 2010
IMM5549: September 2010

I am still waiting for the next step which I presume would be the medical test. Can someone share his/her experience in the processing times from submission of the IMM5549 till medical test and then till immigration visa issuance?

So looking forward for Canada.

human_forever

Feb 5, 2009
Hey friends. I need your help. I am filling Quebec application form. There is one question in which i am confused what to select. Following is the question :

8.1 Are any of the diplomas entered under Question 8 Québec diplomas or their equivalent and found among these choices:

- (checkbox) Québec diploma
- (checkbox) Canadian diploma
- (checkbox) Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Québec regulatory body (except medical degree)
- (checkbox) Foreign diploma covered by a mutual recognition agreement (ARM)
- Other (Textbox)

Under question 8 , I filled about my education i.e Bachelor of engineering which i did in India.

I would be thankful for any kind help!

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
shahzadchowdhry said:
Hi everyone,
I got my visa today. I went in person at around 9.00am. Submitted everythng (Landing fees, photos and passports) at 9.30am. They told me to come n get the landing papers and passports at 11 am. On my landing papers, its written destination "Montreal", however now i want to go to Hull. So the best option for me is to land at Ottawa. Will tht be an issue?
I also want to thank u guys for the support and guidance and wish u guys all the bests.
Regards
Shahzad

Hi shahzad,

Congratulations , it is great to hear that.

Was you area of study in preferred list of area of studies? Because you process of immigration just took 10 months. How lucky you are . Cheers