Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Master7 said:
I was told by my AF professor in my country that exams within the same letter (A1-A2) or (B1,B2) are basically the same degree of difficulty they are just longer, the challenge comes when you want to upgrade a whole letter, then it becomes more difficult, if your husband studies hard but I really mean it, at least 1 hour a day, (you speak better French than him so you can help him practice) I don´t see why he can´t score an A2. I have my TCFaQ on May 13th so I will tell you how it went :)
thanks Master :)

We have planned to do 1 hour a day. so we will have 30-40 hours before test day.. And also practice. I was also looking at some questions and I feel the speaking questions are fairly standard ( I could be wrong).

Definitely let me know if your test :) and Good Luck!

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
shootingstar said:

We have planned to do 1 hour a day. so we will have 30-40 hours before test day.. And also practice. I was also looking at some questions and I feel the speaking questions are fairly standard ( I could be wrong).

Thank you and good luck to you too! Like I said an A2 is totally attainable is just matter of how well prepared your husband can be. By the way I also think TCFaQ is waaay easier than DELF.

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shootingstar said:

Dear Shooting star,
I think for you, would be no problem to get B2 , regarding your husband, my big advice to him is to spend the first coming 3 weeks for example focusing on the basics of the French common used words & verbs, then after that you must find a French teacher who has experience in TCFQ interviews, so you need to sit with him at least 5 times, 2 hrs each....then he supposed to give you some standard topics which appeared before in TCFQ exams, so he can give you some standards sentences can be used in different situations, then you & your husband must get good training AND MEMORIZE THEM EXACTLY AS YOU MEMORIZE YOUR NAME.....usually there are some standard sentences you can start with in any conversation...so at least your husband can give good impression to the interviewer at the start. For the listening part, try to listen to some questions of TCFQ as much as you can, i think you might search in internet and find some sources to get used on listening part....I believe you & your husband can do it.....its a challenge for 40 days...you need to give more than 1 hr a day....its the most important 40 days in your life..right.....??? Good luck....one more thing, don't leave any empty answer in the listening part..check all answers even if you don't understand, at least choose any a,b,c,d..maybe you hit some correct answer..this is the advantage of TCFQ than TEFAQ which has negative points.

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Hi everyone...can somebody discuss the difference between TEFaQ and TCFQ in terms of score marking and level of difficulty of exams...I am planning to take A2 level hopefully soon. Thanks.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TEFAQ
is a hard exam, you will have 60 questions listening and for each wrong answer you will have -1 point and correct +3
so every 3 wrong cancels 1 correct

two subjects for speaking, I spoke about 1 hour :'(

TCFQ
is very simply, I think also 60 questions listening easy
speaking 6 questions each one level,

so with TCF enough to solve first 15 questions and first 2 questions speaking for A2 A2

DELF you can only do specific level, its for university

I have DELE (Espanol) as B2 Level complicated exams ;D

better prepare for TCFQ and its like solving XO :p

alq814 said:
Hi everyone...can somebody discuss the difference between TEFaQ and TCFQ in terms of score marking and level of difficulty of exams...I am planning to take A2 level hopefully soon. Thanks.

faultyjack99

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd March 2015
harit79 said:
Normally it will take 4-6 months to get AOR.
From your timeline i can see that you have resubmitted your file in end of the January. Most probably you will have AOR in your hand within a month or so.
Thanks harit79,
do they send you physical copy as well as email?
Regards,
Vijay B.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
I have a few questions regarding the Quebec applications if someone can please help:

In UAE, we don't have income tax, social security or any such thing, so what can I enter for this question:
"To certify the legality of your work experience, provide - proof of your social security contributions or proof of exemption from payment of social security premiums. If you cannot provide these, provide proof of payment of income tax"
Do I get a letter from my office HR saying that we do not have social security or income tax in UAE?

Thanks
Can anyone please advvise on above urgently? people from the Gulf...any inputs in what to do for this section?

tx

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
lemans207 said:
TEFAQ
is a hard exam, you will have 60 questions listening and for each wrong answer you will have -1 point and correct +3
so every 3 wrong cancels 1 correct

two subjects for speaking, I spoke about 1 hour :'(

TCFQ
is very simply, I think also 60 questions listening easy
speaking 6 questions each one level,

so with TCF enough to solve first 15 questions and first 2 questions speaking for A2 A2

DELF you can only do specific level, its for university

I have DELE (Espanol) as B2 Level complicated exams ;D

better prepare for TCFQ and its like solving XO :p
Thanks for your response lemans207. I do appreciate it.

Can anyone share their experience taking the TCFQ or TEFaQ? I don't have any french background but I will be enrolling in Alliance for a two month session/class plus I'm doing personal online study myself...is two months enough to achieve A2 on TCFQ or TEFaQ?

MSFK

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Very Soon
Doc's Request.
Very Soon
Nomination.....
Very Soon
AOR Received.
Very Soon
IELTS Request
Very Soon
File Transfer...
Very soon
Med's Request
Very Soon
Med's Done....
Very Soon
Interview........
Very Soon
Passport Req..
Very Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Merci Beacoup

As per my lawyer i require 8 points to qualify for QSW i am almost in end of course for A2 and than will attempt Delf and TCFQ if anyone can give his or her expertise which one should i attempt as i heard TCFQ is easier than TEFAQ please give your opinions

Regrads

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need your working contract
letter from company, your position and your working up to this date
first 3 months payslip and last month payslip
copy of your visa ;)

EFK said:
Can anyone please advvise on above urgently? people from the Gulf...any inputs in what to do for this section?

tx

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:
you need your working contract
letter from company, your position and your working up to this date
first 3 months payslip and last month payslip
copy of your visa ;)
thanks...but that doesnt have any mention of social security premiums...so it wont solve the part to prove that we are exempt from social security premiums..??

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
thanks...but that doesnt have any mention of social security premiums...so it wont solve the part to prove that we are exempt from social security premiums..??
no nothing, they already know about it no taxes ;) did you apply or not yet?

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no, i haven't applied as yet..
just waiting for my TCFQ results so organizing my paper work until then..
have u also applied from UAE?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes I applied from uae

EFK said:
no, i haven't applied as yet..
just waiting for my TCFQ results so organizing my paper work until then..
have u also applied from UAE?