Interview........
soon....
Passport Req..
soon....
VISA ISSUED...
soon....
LANDED..........
soon......
thanks for sharing your wonderful experience. Many many congrates.... :)
geethareddy said:
Hurray we cracked the interview in Atlanta, GA. And got the Quebec CSQ right at that moment.

On God's finally, we made it. As i said in my previous postings the interview was at 1030am on NOV 30th. We went to the office in downtown around 850am, the lady in the front desk said YES we have an interview today, but its our wish to wait as the interview is at 1030am. We (my husband and my self (i am pregnant by the way)) thought to wait there it self to get accoustom to that environment. The office is very small with a simple reception, coffee room and there is a door via which we can see couple of rooms inside.
When we are waiting there, one more couple came with a small kid. They said their interview is at 930am. We are just observing and waiting for them to call. Finally a person came in (he is suit). I thought he is the assistant to the interviewer (coordinator) inside who will do the actual interview, but he is the person who will do the interview.
He said,'bonjour' to them and took them inside around 935am. We are calculating time to see how long the interview goes. Finally they came out around 950 (just after 20 to 25 mints). We shocked. Why they came out so early. The same officer walked with them until out of the reception and said good bye. My husband followed those guys and asked what happened to the result. Unfortunately they said 'they didnt prepare anything in French and THEY DONT FRENCH directly to the officer!'. Officer said 'Your education, professional record is good, but learn french and come back.' Their whole interview is french.

Now come to our turn, ours is at 1030a, but called in around 1035/1040am. Same officer in suit came our and said Bonjour. He seems very strict, but friendly. We took our luggage with us, he didn't objected anything. We went in to his room. Room is with 3 of us (officer in his chair, we both are sitting side by side opposite to him, very simple and friendly environment). Questions.....started.

NOTE: We already prepared the standard set of questions posted in this forum in french. Which helped us a lot.

Q) qui est le demandeur principal
Ans: My husband said i am the principal applicant (in French).

Q) In French (Frn) he asked 'pouvez-vous parler français'
Ans)oui, je peux parler français fondamental ( i can speak fundamental french, so that officer cannot expect much about our french skills)

Q) In English (Eng), can you give me your passport.
Ans) he gave the passport

Q) In Eng, your are on H1b? Can you show me some profits
Ans) My husband showed the office emails, resume, about the office we took some printouts. He showed those.

Q) In Frn, Why you choose Quebec?
Ans) He said 'I will first explain in Eng then in Frn'. Officer said, it is your decision to explain in Eng or Frn. If you do not speak in Frn i will put you 0!!!
THen my husband said few important points. 1) Our job in Quebec is highly demanding, as we are Database Administrotrs, there is a great demand for that position in Quebec, especially in Montreal and Estrie. There are several clients (like Bank of Montreal, Aviva Canada, Bell Canada, Royal Bank of Canada etc are looking for the good Database Admins now a days). We got a requirement from our previous client for one of the Montreal based clients....blah blah..
2) Safety living environment....Quebec got the lowest crime rate in entire NAmerica.
3) Health insurance and the education system is the best and Quebec is well known for the lowest school fees in entire North America.
Then officer asked can you try to explain the same in French. My husband struggled like anything , told buttler French!. But officer understood we didnt learn much than the basic Frn. Immediate qn is....
(But my husband telling what ever he know, NEVER used YES, always used OUI, NEVER used USA, he used États-Unis(ithajuni)..like that he is showing what he knows.

Q)Did you learn or register for any courses? (NOTE: For this answer we sincerely told what happened in our lives and left the decision to officer)
A) oui, (then in Eng -->)we submitted our Quebec application in JUN 2010, after that we registered in Alliance Francis. But as we moved to different state. There was a break in our process of learning. After that we had a pathetic situation with the continuous unfortunate things, my father-in-law (my wife's father expired), after that she got pregnant, recently she went to her home country to console her parents, she came back day before yesterday (NOV 28th). Having all these we could not able to continue. But we went to Local french tutor in Phoenix and learned the basic French.

Q)In Frn, show me your highest degree certificate?
Ans) My husband showed his master of science certificate.

Q) in Eng, What is the difference between your bachelor (completed in INDIA) and MS (in US)?
Ans) He said, internation exposure etc....

Q)Can you explain me about your self in Frn?
Ans) In Frn (with basic knowledge)---> I am XXXX, my wife XXXX. I am the software engineer, she is also software engineer working for XXX company in Phoenix, Arizona, États-Unis. My age... etc.

He asked just one or 2 more questions then he asked the below qns to me.

Q) Can you speak french?
Ans) i answered in Frn, yes but fundamental frn.

Q) Give me your higest degree certfcate (in Frn)
Ans) I put a blank face, as i was very nervous. Then he asked in Eng. I gave my master of science degree.

Q) Why you chose QUebec?
Ans) Same answer (I will explain first in Eng, then try in Frnch......)
I know so manything about quebec (spent lot of time), so keep on explaining the things to him. He is listening to me and gave some print outs, we can see printer is doing something (POSTIVIE/ NEGATIVE we don't know).

Q) In Eng, you are pregnant right?
Ans) oui.

After 2 more questions (dont remember exactlY, but those are also basic ones). He said, 'OK, I AM DECLARING YOU AS IMMIGRANTS OF QUEBEC'.

He signed 5 documents all togehter, 3 of them for my husband and 2 for me. We said merci beaucoup....
He also stressed that after your delivery send us an email about baby, we will send a CSQ to the new born baby. He handed over the documents. We left his room, he followed up to reception and said au revoir.

******************************************************************************************************

I hope this is going to help you guys, but i observed the Interview is very easy if we really learn Frn. We struggled to frame the basic sentences but we do have genuine reasons for not preparing for Frn. As we both are working as software engineers, and we have enough education qualifciations, and showed the interviewer that we have interest in learning frn and also about Quebec.... all these points added advantage to our case.

We came out around 1135am. Not more than 50mints to 1hr.

Now we need you guys help in moving forward, how to take the next step etc.

Thank you so much to each and every one who responded to our questions so far.

Thanks again.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
geethareddy said:
Hurray we cracked the interview in Atlanta, GA. And got the Quebec CSQ right at that moment.

Hi geethareddy,
+1 to you for sharing a wonderful piece of information here, which is very useful.

Congratulations to u for getting csq and good luck for federal part. :)

May God Bless u with a lovely baby ! :)

Nyla anum

Oct 14, 2012
Sydney, australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2012
AOR Received.
Waiting.....
Interview........
soon....
Passport Req..
soon....
VISA ISSUED...
soon....
LANDED..........
soon......
hello.I have applied on 21 September 2012. Don't know what's wrong but we have to keep faith on god.
pangandoy said:
pangandoy
@ Nyla anum

Really, you too is still waiting for your AOR from CIO? What day in September did your application reach CIO, NS?

I wonder what could be possibly wrong that we haven't received our AORs yet.

Thanks.
-pangandoy

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nyla anum said:
hello.I have applied on 21 September 2012. Don't know what's wrong but we have to keep faith on god.

well if u have applied in 2012 then the AOR will take 3-4 months

grimreaper

Oct 24, 2010
geethareddy said:

On God's finally, we made it. As i said in my previous postings the interview was at 1030am on NOV 30th. We went to the office in downtown around 850am, the lady in the front desk said YES we have an interview today, but its our wish to wait as the interview is at 1030am. We (my husband and my self (i am pregnant by the way)) thought to wait there it self to get accoustom to that environment. The office is very small with a simple reception, coffee room and there is a door via which we can see couple of rooms inside.
When we are waiting there, one more couple came with a small kid. They said their interview is at 930am. We are just observing and waiting for them to call. Finally a person came in (he is suit). I thought he is the assistant to the interviewer (coordinator) inside who will do the actual interview, but he is the person who will do the interview.
He said,'bonjour' to them and took them inside around 935am. We are calculating time to see how long the interview goes. Finally they came out around 950 (just after 20 to 25 mints). We shocked. Why they came out so early. The same officer walked with them until out of the reception and said good bye. My husband followed those guys and asked what happened to the result. Unfortunately they said 'they didnt prepare anything in French and THEY DONT FRENCH directly to the officer!'. Officer said 'Your education, professional record is good, but learn french and come back.' Their whole interview is french.

Now come to our turn, ours is at 1030a, but called in around 1035/1040am. Same officer in suit came our and said Bonjour. He seems very strict, but friendly. We took our luggage with us, he didn't objected anything. We went in to his room. Room is with 3 of us (officer in his chair, we both are sitting side by side opposite to him, very simple and friendly environment). Questions.....started.

NOTE: We already prepared the standard set of questions posted in this forum in french. Which helped us a lot.

Ans)oui, je peux parler français fondamental ( i can speak fundamental french, so that officer cannot expect much about our french skills)

Ans) My husband showed the office emails, resume, about the office we took some printouts. He showed those.

Ans) He said 'I will first explain in Eng then in Frn'. Officer said, it is your decision to explain in Eng or Frn. If you do not speak in Frn i will put you 0!!!
THen my husband said few important points. 1) Our job in Quebec is highly demanding, as we are Database Administrotrs, there is a great demand for that position in Quebec, especially in Montreal and Estrie. There are several clients (like Bank of Montreal, Aviva Canada, Bell Canada, Royal Bank of Canada etc are looking for the good Database Admins now a days). We got a requirement from our previous client for one of the Montreal based clients....blah blah..
2) Safety living environment....Quebec got the lowest crime rate in entire NAmerica.
3) Health insurance and the education system is the best and Quebec is well known for the lowest school fees in entire North America.
Then officer asked can you try to explain the same in French. My husband struggled like anything , told buttler French!. But officer understood we didnt learn much than the basic Frn. Immediate qn is....
(But my husband telling what ever he know, NEVER used YES, always used OUI, NEVER used USA, he used États-Unis(ithajuni)..like that he is showing what he knows.

Q)Did you learn or register for any courses? (NOTE: For this answer we sincerely told what happened in our lives and left the decision to officer)
A) oui, (then in Eng -->)we submitted our Quebec application in JUN 2010, after that we registered in Alliance Francis. But as we moved to different state. There was a break in our process of learning. After that we had a pathetic situation with the continuous unfortunate things, my father-in-law (my wife's father expired), after that she got pregnant, recently she went to her home country to console her parents, she came back day before yesterday (NOV 28th). Having all these we could not able to continue. But we went to Local french tutor in Phoenix and learned the basic French.

Q) in Eng, What is the difference between your bachelor (completed in INDIA) and MS (in US)?

Ans) In Frn (with basic knowledge)---> I am XXXX, my wife XXXX. I am the software engineer, she is also software engineer working for XXX company in Phoenix, Arizona, États-Unis. My age... etc.

Q) Can you speak french?

Ans) I put a blank face, as i was very nervous. Then he asked in Eng. I gave my master of science degree.

Q) Why you chose QUebec?
I know so manything about quebec (spent lot of time), so keep on explaining the things to him. He is listening to me and gave some print outs, we can see printer is doing something (POSTIVIE/ NEGATIVE we don't know).

Ans) oui.

After 2 more questions (dont remember exactlY, but those are also basic ones). He said, 'OK, I AM DECLARING YOU AS IMMIGRANTS OF QUEBEC'.

He signed 5 documents all togehter, 3 of them for my husband and 2 for me. We said merci beaucoup....
He also stressed that after your delivery send us an email about baby, we will send a CSQ to the new born baby. He handed over the documents. We left his room, he followed up to reception and said au revoir.

******************************************************************************************************

I hope this is going to help you guys, but i observed the Interview is very easy if we really learn Frn. We struggled to frame the basic sentences but we do have genuine reasons for not preparing for Frn. As we both are working as software engineers, and we have enough education qualifciations, and showed the interviewer that we have interest in learning frn and also about Quebec.... all these points added advantage to our case.

Thanks again.
Hi Geetha,
Congratulations on your CSQ. May I know how many points you had initially? and how many were provided during the interview as part of adaptabilty? This will help me plan my process accordingly.

greg_peq

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-01-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-01-2013
Interview........
ECAS In process: 14-06-2013
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision made: 14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Received COPR: 23-08-2013
QC_Student_PEQ said:
I am very lucky that my application for QSW is going relatively very fast. (seems like the case for everyone who applied after buffalo's closed)
By the way, I am applied under QSW. Although it says Buffalo in the CSQ, my file was sent to Ottawa directly, as buffalo closed before I mail my application.

I've done my medical already and now waiting for passport request. Even if mine is going fast, of course I am very curious to know when I am expected to hear passport request. Could anyone with idea tell me when you think I will get PPR?
thanks in advance.

April 16th 2012 - Obtained my CSQ under PEQ
July 26th 2012 - ECAS shows that my application was received
Aug 23rd 2012 - Got an email from Nova Scotia that my PR Application is considered complete at will be sent to Visa Office
Aug 28th 2012 - Got an email from Ottawa asking me to perform Medical Test.
Sept 6th 2012 - Medical Exam performed (Clinic told me they mailed the results to Ottawa on the 1st of Oct)
Oct 27th - ECAS shows medical received
Nov 1st - In Process
Hi QC_Student_PEQ. Sorry, I can't answer your question. I got my CSQ under PEQ on November 19th and mailed the federal application on November 20th (it arrived on 23rd). Did you also do the federal application immediately after receiving your CSQ, meaning it took more than 3 months for ECAS to show that your application was received?

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
geethareddy said:

Q) Can you speak french?

Q) Why you chose QUebec?

Ans) oui.

Thanks again.

congratulations . Step one is over. now step two for you. Please could you send me the sample interview questions if you have them.
Best regards.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
In my case, it took 3 weeks to get AOR from CIO Sydney by e-mail, I used the UCI number from the AOR and could see "application received" immediately. Federal stage in my case was moving much faster than CSQ stage - the longest wait I had was 4 months between medicals and passport request. Although I must admit that Paris BIQ was also very efficient - I waited 5 months for AOR, another 3 months for interview letter, and another 2 months for the interview though my AOT gives 0 points.

greg_peq said:
Hi QC_Student_PEQ. Sorry, I can't answer your question. I got my CSQ under PEQ on November 19th and mailed the federal application on November 20th (it arrived on 23rd). Did you also do the federal application immediately after receiving your CSQ, meaning it took more than 3 months for ECAS to show that your application was received?

greg_peq

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
09-01-2013
Med's Request
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-01-2013
Interview........
ECAS In process: 14-06-2013
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision made: 14-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Received COPR: 23-08-2013
Ketevan said:
In my case, it took 3 weeks to get AOR from CIO Sydney by e-mail, I used the UCI number from the AOR and could see "application received" immediately. Federal stage in my case was moving much faster than CSQ stage - the longest wait I had was 4 months between medicals and passport request. Although I must admit that Paris BIQ was also very efficient - I waited 5 months for AOR, another 3 months for interview letter, and another 2 months for the interview though my AOT gives 0 points.
Good to know, maybe I can still get AOR this year. My application will be processed in Ottawa though.

liberwoman

Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Chemical engineering ???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 2011for qsw/ 19 jul12 for federal
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011/Jan 2012/7nov rfpr
Nomination.....
26Jun12 for qsw
AOR Received.
06 nov11 for qsw / 19 aug12 for federal
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
07 nov12
Med's Done....
schedule 22nov12
Interview........
26-06-2012
Passport Req..
18 jan 2013 finally only two weeks for the end of the journey
VISA ISSUED...
07 feb12
LANDED..........
not quite sure
3rd line appreared on ecas status on 1dec12: medicals received.
Good day everyone and good luck.

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Ketevan said:
Thank you for sharing Ketevan.
It is great that I can refer to your timeline. So it has been one month so far, so i have another 3 months to wait for passport request, according to your timeline :) My Visa Office is Ottawa and I wish they do it faster than ur London Office.

Anybody in the same boat with me please share with me. (Quebec selected worker, applied from inside Canada, Visa Office = Ottawa)
Thanks!

Aug 23rd 2012 - Got an email from Nova Scotia that my PR Application is considered complete at will be sent to Visa Office
Sept 6th 2012 - Medical Exam performed (Clinic told me they mailed the results to Ottawa on the 1st of Oct)
Nov 1st - In Process

Also here is the timeline share link of the people specifically in our boat.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-application-for-quebec-skilled-worker-through-peq-timeline-share-t121763.15.html

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Actually I got passport request 3 weeks after medicals, but then they changed mind and said they will continue background checks :eek: so I waited another three months for a new passport request. Every case is individual.

QC_Student_PEQ said:
Thank you for sharing Ketevan.
It is great that I can refer to your timeline. So it has been one month so far, so i have another 3 months to wait for passport request, according to your timeline :) My Visa Office is Ottawa and I wish they do it faster than ur London Office.

Anybody in the same boat with me please share with me. (Quebec selected worker, applied from inside Canada, Visa Office = Ottawa)
Thanks!

Nov 1st - In Process

Also here is the timeline share link of the people specifically in our boat.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-application-for-quebec-skilled-worker-through-peq-timeline-share-t121763.15.html

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Ketevan said:
Actually I got passport request 3 weeks after medicals, but then they changed mind and said they will continue background checks :eek: so I waited another three months for a new passport request. Every case is individual.
Thank you Ketevan. Time for patience again I guess. Conglatulations you are almost landing soon!