AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Has anyone with the ongoing batch that mifi is working on as per their website received CSQ? or have they called mifi????

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Has anyone with the ongoing batch that mifi is working on as per their website received CSQ? or have they called mifi????
I call them once every week. AOR - Nov 18, 2019.
I get the standard reply, 'File is currently in progress, decision has not been made yet. Please be patient.'

Reactions: tham_son

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
I call them once every week. AOR - Nov 18, 2019.
I get the standard reply, 'File is currently in progress, decision has not been made yet. Please be patient.'
This is the longest anyone has ever waited for CSQ I’m pissed off all i want is for them to complete their damn job. People need to reunite with their loved ones they are not doing us any favors we went the legal way. They just don't care.....

Reactions: Laurahd

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
This is the longest anyone has ever waited for CSQ I’m pissed off all i want is for them to complete their damn job. People need to reunite with their loved ones they are not doing us any favors we went the legal way. They just don't care.....
I understand your frustration, I feel the same way. The whole application just has three documents for them to verify and on the other hand federal does more intense background and eligibility check and if they could verify and approve applications in under 25 days. God knows what is taking them 6 months now.

I also spoke to an agent from MP's office of my local area, she said that she can only help if it is anything to do with the Federal part of processing but has no control or even power to get information when it comes to Quebec's office.

There is very little we can do other than to wait and there is no point calling and speaking with the agents. They have set of standard replies.

Last edited:
Reactions: tham_son and Amykas

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
I understand your frustration, I feel the same way. The whole application just has three documents for them to verify and on the other hand federal does more intense background and eligibility check and if they could verify and approve applications in under 25 days. God knows what is taking them 6 months now.

I also spoke to an agent from MP's office of my local area, she said that she can only help if it is anything to do with the Federal part of processing but has no control or even power to get information when it comes to Quebec's office.

A friend was suggesting me to file a complaint with Canadian Human Rights Commission.

There is very little we can do other than to wait and there is no point calling and speaking with the agents. They have set of standard replies.
Hello,
The situation is indeed unacceptable. Canadian MP's are powerless to help us with MIFI, as MIFI is a provincial agency. However, there are other ways to file a complaint.

1. Commissaire aux plaintes - MIFI
You can file a complaint directly with MIFI. I think complaints about the website not being updated and especially about the conflicting information everybody is receiving from MIFI agents on the phone would be justified.
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/commissaire-plaintes.html
I think this is only available in French.

2. Contact your provincial
You can also contact your provincial MNA (provincial equivalent to the federal MP). Find your local MNA here:
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/index.html#listeDeputes
(In English)

As for the Canadian Human Rights Commission, it may be a long shot. Nevertheless, I consider that being with my wife is a fundamental right and that the delays we are currently experiencing constitute a breach of these rights. To be clear: I don't want much, I don't mind paying taxes and fees, I don't mind filling hundreds of pages of documents (MIFI + IRCC), I gladly comply with all laws and regulations, I am willing to be reasonably patient. I just want to hold my wife in my arms. We just want to be together.

There is one thing IRCC, the Government of Canada and your federal MP could do to help us... Given the exceptional circumstances and given Quebec's inability to process CSQ requests within a reasonable timeframe, I think IRCC should issue temporary residence visas with an immediate right of entry into Canada, for a limited time, to PR applicants form Quebec, so that our spouses could at least come to Canada (as tourists, in effect) to be with us while MIFI snails through our CSQ requests.

Every day, our love grows stronger. Our resolve and determination are unwavering. I am sure it is the same for all of you. When our spouses are finally allowed into Canada, the current hardship will only have strengthened our relationships. Do not lose hope. Stay strong. We will get through this.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi Friends
My CSQ received Dec 30 and AOR Feb 11. I called MIFI just to see what they have to say for the application. All they say is currently the applications received until Nov 14/20 are being processed just as in the MIFI website. So there is no point calling them and asking for updates apart from being patient.

But here is my question.

I received letter request from IRCC to submit my approved CSQ before May 27th. I dont think I will get my CSQ by then. So, I should send IRCC a proof that i atleast applied for CSQ.
Now, how do I send this proof ? Through email ? or through post ?. Sending through post will be a challenge for me as all the Xerox/Print out shops are closed near my house.
Any suggestions here please ?

Thanks

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Hi Friends
My CSQ received Dec 30 and AOR Feb 11. I called MIFI just to see what they have to say for the application. All they say is currently the applications received until Nov 14/20 are being processed just as in the MIFI website. So there is no point calling them and asking for updates apart from being patient.

But here is my question.

I received letter request from IRCC to submit my approved CSQ before May 27th. I dont think I will get my CSQ by then. So, I should send IRCC a proof that i atleast applied for CSQ.
Now, how do I send this proof ? Through email ? or through post ?. Sending through post will be a challenge for me as all the Xerox/Print out shops are closed near my house.
Any suggestions here please ?

Thanks
Hi ! We received that request at the beginning of January and as mentioned in the request, we had to send the CSQ to the email address specified in the letter. Since we didn’t have the CSQ at that time (we still don’t have it today haha) we sent the CSQ AOR.

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Hi ! We received that request at the beginning of January and as mentioned in the request, we had to send the CSQ to the email address specified in the letter. Since we didn’t have the CSQ at that time (we still don’t have it today haha) we sent the CSQ AOR.
Thats what i did too.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Thanks for the reply. So I just send them an email with the document attachments. Thanks.

drana11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2020
Hello,
The situation is indeed unacceptable. Canadian MP's are powerless to help us with MIFI, as MIFI is a provincial agency. However, there are other ways to file a complaint.

1. Commissaire aux plaintes - MIFI
You can file a complaint directly with MIFI. I think complaints about the website not being updated and especially about the conflicting information everybody is receiving from MIFI agents on the phone would be justified.
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/commissaire-plaintes.html
I think this is only available in French.

2. Contact your provincial
You can also contact your provincial MNA (provincial equivalent to the federal MP). Find your local MNA here:
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/index.html#listeDeputes
(In English)

As for the Canadian Human Rights Commission, it may be a long shot. Nevertheless, I consider that being with my wife is a fundamental right and that the delays we are currently experiencing constitute a breach of these rights. To be clear: I don't want much, I don't mind paying taxes and fees, I don't mind filling hundreds of pages of documents (MIFI + IRCC), I gladly comply with all laws and regulations, I am willing to be reasonably patient. I just want to hold my wife in my arms. We just want to be together.

There is one thing IRCC, the Government of Canada and your federal MP could do to help us... Given the exceptional circumstances and given Quebec's inability to process CSQ requests within a reasonable timeframe, I think IRCC should issue temporary residence visas with an immediate right of entry into Canada, for a limited time, to PR applicants form Quebec, so that our spouses could at least come to Canada (as tourists, in effect) to be with us while MIFI snails through our CSQ requests.

Every day, our love grows stronger. Our resolve and determination are unwavering. I am sure it is the same for all of you. When our spouses are finally allowed into Canada, the current hardship will only have strengthened our relationships. Do not lose hope. Stay strong. We will get through this.
I am loosing hope ...i regret that why did i choose to go through csq part. I called this week and agent mistakenly said that process is stand by and i asked him what does it mean, then he fumbled and said i mean to say that they are currently processing file received till November 20th. He couldn't say more. But i think they are not working on our files due to COVID-19 . God knows when they will resume.

fruze

Jan 28, 2020
i wonder if it will be possible to change our address now? if this will make the process faster..

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
It's 5PM! Another week has gone by without a website update... Almost seven weeks have passed since the last update. Still processing files received up to November 20. The entire process is supposed to take 25 days.

I understand and accept that processing times are affected by the COVID-19 situation. I even appreciate that MIFI is being straightforward about the existence of such delays, as shown below.
Is the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) still processing applications for permanent selection?
The Ministère is continuing to process applications for permanent selection, regardless of the program under which they were submitted. Currently, the government as well as all ministries are mobilized to slow the spread of the virus and limit the impact of the unprecedented crisis we are facing. The government measures implemented over the last few days to respond to the current situation could affect application processing times.
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/news/news-2020/covid-19.html

Nevertheless, the issue at stake is MIFI's lack of transparency in quantifying such delays. I refresh the website dozens of times every day. Every morning, when my wife wakes up with the rising sun, she calls and asks: "Honey, have they updated the website today?". "No my Love, we must be patient and stay strong.", I am sure that many of us experience anxiety and stress, due to the uncertainty caused by the lack of updates. I think some people fail to understand how important this is. Immigration to Canada is a life-defining decision. Our spouses abroad have effectively put their lives on pause while their visa applications are being processed. Updates on the website help alleviate this stress, as they dissipate the uncertainty. It is much easier to accept delays when they are clearly defined.

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
Given the fact that the website is no longer updated and that agents on the phone cannot provide any further details, is there anything we can do to get clarifications from MIFI as to the processing delays? The answer is YES!

Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec
"Anyone who requests it has the right of access to documents from a public body." (translated via Google Translate)
The website above describes the process involved in accessing the information, which is relatively straightforward.
https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/citoyens/acces-aux-documents-des-organismes-publics/acceder-aux-documents-des-organismes-publics/

The first step is to officially request the information from MIFI, from the following person:
IMMIGRATION, DE LA FRANCISATION ET DE L'INTÉGRATION
Tabita Nicolaica
Responsable de l'accès à l'information et gestion des plaintes
1200, boul. Saint-Laurent #2.200 Montréal (QC) H2X 0C9
Fax : 514 873-1810
Source: https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/documents/registres/CAI_liste_resp_acces.pdf
This person must respond to your request within 20 working days. If no response is received, a request must be sent to the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec. The process is actually quite simple, and explained here:
https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/questions-frequentes/lacces-aux-documents-dans-les-organismes-publics/

Fleurdelys

May 2, 2020
Hello guys, I know I am not from the 2019 applicants but just wanted to know is it normal that it's been more than 6 weeks since my application for CSQ was delivered ( 4th March) and still no credit card charged nor AOR. I called Mifi several times and each agent will tell me a different story , some of them they will say We don't know why it's taking so long maybe try to reapply , some of them will say it's because of COVID it will take 6 weeks just wait and I totally understand but I just want to know if I should send another one, the waiting time to get a csq (5-6 months ) is so long and I don't want to wait longer for nothing.
Hello guys, I know I am not from the 2019 applicants but just wanted to know is it normal that it's been more than 6 weeks since my application for CSQ was delivered ( 4th March) and still no credit card charged nor AOR. I called Mifi several times and each agent will tell me a different story , some of them they will say We don't know why it's taking so long maybe try to reapply , some of them will say it's because of COVID it will take 6 weeks just wait and I totally understand but I just want to know if I should send another one, the waiting time to get a csq (5-6 months ) is so long and I don't want to wait longer for nothing.
Hi there, we’re in the same boat. We mailed our CSQ application at the beginning of March and UPS says it was delivered in Montreal in March 11th, 2020. Since then we haven’t received any AOR nor been charged on our credit card. We’re a bit worried too. I’ll try to call next week.

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Hi there, we’re in the same boat. We mailed our CSQ application at the beginning of March and UPS says it was delivered in Montreal in March 11th, 2020. Since then we haven’t received any AOR nor been charged on our credit card. We’re a bit worried too. I’ll try to call next week.
Hi guys ! There’s a big gap now between the moment they receive the CSQ applications and when they charge your credit card and issue the AOR. They received mine on December 9th 2019 and my credit card was only charged on January 21st 2020 (same date for my AOR), so almost 2 months after. Given the pandemic situation, I believe there could even be a longer delay to consider.