+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine elsewhere than the DLI in the list?

mayamia

Oct 22, 2020
Does any of you guys know if we can spend the quarantine elsewhere than the designated places of the DLI itself? Like at a relative house?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Does any of you guys know if we can spend the quarantine elsewhere than the designated places of the DLI itself? Like at a relative house?
Yes but how can you quarantine there? Immediately a CBSA should be asking additional questions and / or doing Intel checks to establish m2 and number of occupants.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Up to my knowledge, you can. I am planning to quarantine in the apartment I rent. It might be suspicious if for example you go to college in Vancouver but quarantine in Toronto. Also, the place you quarantine in should be closed off – you must be staying in your room/apartment alone and not interact with others

mayamia

Oct 22, 2020
There is no vulnerable individual in the house (over 55 or underage) and I will be having a separate room and bathroom.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
There is no vulnerable individual in the house (over 55 or underage) and I will be having a separate room and bathroom.
Is your relative house and institution in the same province?

mayamia

Oct 22, 2020
I will probably have to contact someone and ask them about this. Do you have any idea who would be the best?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Well I will not be violating any thing specified on their webiste tho?
By quarantining in different province, your travel might be classified as discreditory since you are coming for another reasons and not just study. This is not the law, but a common sense. The officer would look for a reason to deny boarding and thus it is better to contact CBSA and ask about it

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
CBSA officials won't like it and would probably see this as discretionary travel. The whole point of the covid readiness is to encourage schools to devise a program to ensure students can safely come back. Why choose to quarantine somewhere other than where the school suggests? You can be sure every CBSA officer will have a list of the DLI's and their covid plans. Any deviation from this will be sure to get you questioned at length.

mayamia

Oct 22, 2020
CBSA officials won't like it and would probably see this as discretionary travel. The whole point of the covid readiness is to encourage schools to devise a program to ensure students can safely come back. Why choose to quarantine somewhere other than where the school suggests? You can be sure every CBSA officer will have a list of the DLI's and their covid plans. Any deviation from this will be sure to get you questioned at length.
Because their quarantine plan costs 1000 $ :|