+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine elsewhere than the DLI in the list?

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Because their quarantine plan costs 1000 $ :|
That's quite a slur.

CBSA officers are paid a fixed salary. As part of their job currently, they must assess the quarantine plans presented to them. For example, my daughter's is currently 7 pages long and has been used by other international students quarantining on campus. Refusal of entry to Canada can happen if a CBSA officer is not satisfied with your plan. My daughter's plan will incur 240 dollars additional costs due to food delivery.

mayamia

Oct 22, 2020
That's quite a slur.

CBSA officers are paid a fixed salary. As part of their job currently, they must assess the quarantine plans presented to them. For example, my daughter's is currently 7 pages long and has been used by other international students quarantining on campus. Refusal of entry to Canada can happen if a CBSA officer is not satisfied with your plan. My daughter's plan will incur 240 dollars additional costs due to food delivery.
My university quarantine plan costs 1000$, it is irrelevant to the CSBA officer compensation I guess???

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
My university quarantine plan costs 1000$, it is irrelevant to the CSBA officer compensation I guess???
It is irrelevant to the CBSA how much the quarantine plan costs. What matters is the balance between economy and health.

There is a saying in English, "you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink". From 26 years of experience of knowing what a CBSA officer does.....