+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q.04 of Express Entry CRS

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Guys, how are you ?

I have a 2 year diploma earned from a Private College (it is a DLI) and according to the CRS I have 462 points because I got a good score on IELTS if I use it to improve my score.

In the Q 04 it says:

"Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study."

I have a bachelor in my home country and this 2-year diploma here in Canada. It doesn't say anything that it has to be earned from Public College but I just want to confirm with you guys if my Diploma counts before I start my process.

Thank you guys in advance

karanjessica

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi Guys, how are you ?

I have a 2 year diploma earned from a Private College (it is a DLI) and according to the CRS I have 462 points because I got a good score on IELTS if I use it to improve my score.

In the Q 04 it says:

"Enter the highest level of education for which you:

• earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate or
  • had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you did your study outside Canada. (ECAs must be from an approved agency, in the last five years)
Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study."

I have a bachelor in my home country and this 2-year diploma here in Canada. It doesn't say anything that it has to be earned from Public College but I just want to confirm with you guys if my Diploma counts before I start my process.

Thank you guys in advance
you need eca for your bachelors to get points and you will also get points for diploma as well.