+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving that marriage/relationship is genuine

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trikiliki said:
They can go themselves to a notary in Denmark with their letter, have it notarized and mail it to you. It's worth doing if you don't have a lot of other proof and if no one from your family was able to attend your wedding.
Well we have pictures of us, I'm most likely gonna be put on his work health insurance, we have christmas cards to both of us, we thought about opening a bank account in both our names, conversations on skype, money transfers, is that too little?

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Would anyone be able to tell me if what i posted in the above post is enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Xylnaeri said:
Well we have pictures of us, I'm most likely gonna be put on his work health insurance, we have christmas cards to both of us, we thought about opening a bank account in both our names, conversations on skype, money transfers, is that too little?
Xylnaeri said:
You need to check and see if those proofs meet the requirements on the checklist.

Note that extended health benefits from an employer pretty much always require a person to first have provincial health coverage, so you will most likely not be able to be added to his plan.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xylnaeri said:
It probably is not enough, not close.
Do you have chat logs from FB, Twitter, Instagram and MySpace? Include them.
Do you share FB and Instagram passwords? Tell them about it.
Do you have each other as dependents on life insurance policies?
Can you get notarized affidavits, from community or religious leaders than can vouch that your relationship is genuine?
Do you own common property?
Do you hold shares in a business venture in common?

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeffporfirio1 said:
It probably is not enough, not close.
Do you have chat logs from FB, Twitter, Instagram and MySpace? Include them.
Do you share FB and Instagram passwords? Tell them about it.
Do you have each other as dependents on life insurance policies?
Can you get notarized affidavits, from community or religious leaders than can vouch that your relationship is genuine?
Do you own common property?
Do you hold shares in a business venture in common?
We only talk on skype and kik.
I have a screenshot where i give him my xbox password, because we share xbox accounts and games
He is going to put me on his work health insurance
We would have a marriage certificate?
Letters from family to both of us, we could get notarized.
And no, we don't own property together or anything like that.
I have screenshots of us skyping and playing games together, we thought about seeing if we can join our phones together, like a family plan.
Airline tickets and such
He's sent me money to pay for tickets and smaller stuff as well, but I dont know if they would see that as financial support
He does pay for my food and everything when I visit, maybe I could explain that as well?
What else would be needed?
I would technically be living with him when we apply, my name just won't be on his address, so would I have to provide the stuff it asks for when it says "if you are not living together, also provide"?

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
You need to check and see if those proofs meet the requirements on the checklist.

Note that extended health benefits from an employer pretty much always require a person to first have provincial health coverage, so you will most likely not be able to be added to his plan.
I did, but it doesn't give specifics other than the joint accounts, letters from family, and insurance if that is possible
Well I've been told that if we got married, I would be able to get my name on his health insurance.

I'm confused thouhg, it says "proof of sponsor's visits, passport for your sponsor showing exit-entry" but he never visited me, I've visited him, and I'm not the sponsor? So.. would I not have to include MY tickets when I visited him?
I don't really understand why the sponsor has to be the one visiting

neftis

Jan 11, 2017
Xylnaeri said:
I did, but it doesn't give specifics other than the joint accounts, letters from family, and insurance if that is possible
Well I've been told that if we got married, I would be able to get my name on his health insurance.

I'm confused thouhg, it says "proof of sponsor's visits, passport for your sponsor showing exit-entry" but he never visited me, I've visited him, and I'm not the sponsor? So.. would I not have to include MY tickets when I visited him?
I don't really understand why the sponsor has to be the one visiting
On the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation form there's a table for "who travelled to visit whom", you put yours there and attach the tickets, it doesn't matter that he never visit you if you visited him. You can explain why he never did, it's fine. Our situation is very similar, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough proof because we don't have many pictures or joint accounts etc, we talked mostly on Steam and playing games together, every relationship is unique. You use what you have, if your relationship is real then they will know, just make sure you explain everything or lack of something. If he helped you pay for the tickets, even if it was small amounts of money, show it. I'm going to show a list of all the Steam games he gave me because we never had to send each other money or other kind of gifts, this is what we have and how our relationship developed to marriage.

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neftis said:
On the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation form there's a table for "who travelled to visit whom", you put yours there and attach the tickets, it doesn't matter that he never visit you if you visited him. You can explain why he never did, it's fine. Our situation is very similar, I was worried that I wouldn't have enough proof because we don't have many pictures or joint accounts etc, we talked mostly on Steam and playing games together, every relationship is unique. You use what you have, if your relationship is real then they will know, just make sure you explain everything or lack of something. If he helped you pay for the tickets, even if it was small amounts of money, show it. I'm going to show a list of all the Steam games he gave me because we never had to send each other money or other kind of gifts, this is what we have and how our relationship developed to marriage.
Thank you! Yea.. we do have a bunch of things to show, but as you said, every relationship is different!
Some people are very out there on instagram and faceboook, and some aren't. I feel like as long as you know yourself it is genuine, it shouldn't be that hard to prove

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
If I were you, I would make screenshots of Facebook life events if you made any (in a relationship, engagement, wedding) to show that your friends know about your relationship.
You also mentioned that you're close with your spouse's mother - maybe you can add proof that you communicate with your in-laws (texts, calls or FB messages).
And make sure to capture your wedding in pictures to show that it actually is an important day for both of you. A few ideas to make it special: wear a nice dress, have a wedding cake (even if it's a simple one), have rings, shoot family photos. It will look more genuine and you'll personally enjoy it more. :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Xylnaeri said:
What province?

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Beside photos, letters, plane tickets you need to show them something beneficial for sponsor or applicant like insurance where your name and his/her name stated or/and some insurance coverage that shows he or she covered by you or your company you are working for..for example dental and extended health coverage...these will show how serious your relationship is. Financial support most likely good way to prove your relationship.

You paid for vacations? For example I paid for both of us (sponsor and applixant)and showed them credit card transactions.

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyclist said:
Beside photos, letters, plane tickets you need to show them something beneficial for sponsor or applicant like insurance where your name and his/her name stated or/and some insurance coverage that shows he or she covered by you or your company you are working for..for example dental and extended health coverage...these will show how serious your relationship is. Financial support most likely good way to prove your relationship.

You paid for vacations? For example I paid for both of us (sponsor and applixant)and showed them credit card transactions.
Well if possible, he will add me to his health insurance

He paid for half my ticket when I visited him last time, but we haven't been anywhere together, like travel wise

Xylnaeri

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just a square said:
If I were you, I would make screenshots of Facebook life events if you made any (in a relationship, engagement, wedding) to show that your friends know about your relationship.
You also mentioned that you're close with your spouse's mother - maybe you can add proof that you communicate with your in-laws (texts, calls or FB messages).
And make sure to capture your wedding in pictures to show that it actually is an important day for both of you. A few ideas to make it special: wear a nice dress, have a wedding cake (even if it's a simple one), have rings, shoot family photos. It will look more genuine and you'll personally enjoy it more. :)
It didn't give us a life event when we got into a relationship for some reason, but I could show that it says we are in a relationship, and then hopefully it would make a life event when/if we get married!
I've also talked to his friends and we've all played games together.
Yea, I thought about showing screenshots of our messages, maybe some where we talk about gifts for my boyfriend and such, and she sent me a birthday card too, I could add that in as well.
But yea I definitely want a dress, but idk what would be considered "nice" i don't want anything big.
about the wedding cake, let's say we go to a restaurant, and there isn't really a cake, but there'd be food and such, and his family!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Xylnaeri said:
Well if possible, he will add me to his health insurance
Xylnaeri said:
He lives in BC
Extended benefits are not health insurance. They are a top-up to provincial health insurance. Your partner needs to verify with the insurer (not his company HR) that they will cover you without provincial health coverage. If you are added and it turns out you did need provincial coverage, the insurer will go after you for any claims you made.

Being in BC, you will not receive provincial health coverage until you are well into the PR application or after you become a PR.