+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee During Restoration of Status?

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, please stop with your incorrect information and insults.

Also, a few more corrections. A person in Canada without status can apply to restore their visitor status, something completely different than a visitor visa. A visitor visa, also known as a TRV, does not grant status in Canada. It is simply allows a person to board a commercial carrier to Canada. Moreover, a person without status in Canada cannot actually apply for a TRV from within Canada; only workers and students with valid permits have that option.
Again lack of Knowledge. :p :p :p Save it!. I guess referred few posts. Please Call 1-888-242-2100 easily you can speak to any agent [ CIC Call Centre Representative. Seriously no time for babysitting! ;D

AgurBadur

Jul 25, 2016
scylla said:
I'm not sure why this is turning into such a big discussion. A person is in Canada without status (i.e. no valid status) during the 90 day restoration period. They're not on a valid visa or permit and they're not on implied status. There's no special status a person has during the 90 day restoration period - they are quite simply out of status in Canada. Out of status and illegal mean the same thing - CIC just doesn't use the word "illegal" because it's politically incorrect.

If a PNP program requires you to have status while applying under express entry, then you cannot apply during the 90 days restoration period or after you have applied for restoration. You have to wait until the restoration application has been approved and you have status in Canada again.

Again, very straight forward.
What happens when you receive nomination in ontario? Is it better to just to leave then and send document from outside or to quickly submit for restoration of status as a visitor?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AgurBadur said:
What happens when you receive nomination in ontario? Is it better to just to leave then and send document from outside or to quickly submit for restoration of status as a visitor?
If you are required to have valid status to receive the nomination, then you should leave. Restoration apps can take months and until it is approved, you have no status.

If you are not required to have valid status for the nomination process, then you should apply for Restoration ASAP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow...I'm floored.

Two senior members have attempted to enlighten this person and, in return, gets nothing but insults and blame. Time for me to join the party!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

My work permit expired and I did not apply to extend it. Can I stay and keep working in Canada?

You can apply to restore your work permit in the first 90 days after it expires. If you do this, you can stay in Canada until you get further instructions, but you must stop working until you receive your restored work permit. There is no guarantee that your application will be approved.

Otherwise, you must leave Canada right away when your work permit expires. If you do not leave, you could be deported and will need permission from an immigration officer to come back.

Now...I realize that the aforementioned example pertains to those with an expired work permit, but the rules regarding Restoration of Status are the same for a PNP applicant too.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
If you are required to have valid status to receive the nomination, then you should leave. Restoration apps can take months and until it is approved, you have no status.

If you are not required to have valid status for the nomination process, then you should apply for Restoration ASAP.
Call CIC , Don't follow opinions sited on this forum blindly. Visit your Provinical Immigration office.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharth_pharma84 said:
Again lack of Knowledge. :p :p :p Save it!. I guess referred few posts. Please Call 1-888-242-2100 easily you can speak to any agent [ CIC Call Centre Representative. Seriously no time for babysitting! ;D
FYI...It's not at all uncommon to call the Call Center five times, asking the same question...and getting more than three different answers. ;)

The Call Centre should not be cited as a source of accurate and reliable information, although it certainly should be.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AgurBadur said:
It is a personal decision - whether you want to tough it out and wait for restoration to be completed and regain status (either applying to regain former status or applying to change status) while in-country, or leave, and submit your PR application from outside of the country. You are out-of-status, but permitted to stay in the country and apply for restoration to regain status within the grace period of 90days. Submitting an application (restoration) permits you to remain in-country as you have a restoration application in-progress, but you do not have your former status (as a student, as a worker, or as a visitor). If you tough it out and remain in-country, note you do not have any legal status to work or study, while your application is being processed.

This topic is quite dear to me as I went through this quandary a few years back. I lost status just before I was to submit my federal PR application. I was also a PN, on an economic skiller worker stream. My application for an extension of my WP was rejected - error in paperwork - the nomination certificate was inadvertently omitted in the document submission. It is important to note here that my existing WP expired before the results of extension WP was received, thus I went into implied status while waiting for the results.

Suffice to say a negative result for the WP extension - I was out-of-status. Included in the rejection of the WP application was a letter informing I was out-of-status - wherein instructions were included to apply for restoration within 90days or if I had no intention - exit the country immediately. The exact wording in my letter is:

"You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status and if you do not intend to apply for restoration you must leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you."

scylla is on point here - the language in the letter is PC - it does not use the term "illegal".

It took me a multiple calls to CIC agents, a half-a-dozen trips to the local MP office, to the local provincial immigration office, and multiple sessions with immigration consultant-laywers of the company who I worked for - to drill in the reality - I had no status. Even with submitting a restoration applicaton - I still had no status - and I cannot submit my PR application. And I cannot work.

So tough it out I did - my nomination certificate was valid for at least a year, so I figured I still can afford to wait for restoration. And as canuck_in_uk mentioned - a restoration is quite lengthly - it took me around 12-14weeks at that time. It maybe faster now.

While I was allowed to stay in the country pending the results of my restoration application - I needed to bootstrap and support myself. A restoration application is not as simple as it sounds - the restoration application needs to be resolved first (you have to be found not to be in violation of the terms of the original permit and thus eligible for restoration), then the next is the application for either a change in status (i.e changing from student/worker to visitor), or same status (an application for a WP or SP) is resolved.

And as Ponga stated - whether the status that expired is as a worker, student, or visitor - the rules and process for restoration is the same.

.../all the best to you...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharth_pharma84 said:
Hey I problem with one person posts. Don't take it over your head as VIP member. Even if you call innumerable times, atleast can get a direction. Please read my post on restoration.
Before posting any comments kindly read the post on Restoration status. There is no Such thing as Seniority in forum. If you feel these are insults may be cannot take criticism. Have you ever been on Restoration. I wonder.
"Hey I problem with one person posts."

WTF does that even mean?! LOL!

It's not the insults that are so dangerous, it's the blatant lies about your [lack of] knowledge regarding how dangerous it is for a person to have NO STATUS after their status has expired...whether in the 90 day `window', or not. Anyone that takes your advice runs a very real risk of being removed from Canada.

Is your ego really that much more important than the life of someone that makes a tragic mistake, because you `think' you're right about this issue?

Seriously?!

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
ragluf said:
It is a personal decision - whether you want to tough it out and wait for restoration to be completed and regain status (either applying to regain former status or applying to change status) while in-country, or leave, and submit your PR application from outside of the country. You are out-of-status, but permitted to stay in the country and apply for restoration to regain status within the grace period of 90days. Submitting an application (restoration) permits you to remain in-country as you have a restoration application in-progress, but you do not have your former status (as a student, as a worker, or as a visitor). If you tough it out and remain in-country, note you do not have any legal status to work or study, while your application is being processed.

This topic is quite dear to me as I went through this quandary a few years back. I lost status just before I was to submit my federal PR application. I was also a PN, on an economic skiller worker stream. My application for an extension of my WP was rejected - error in paperwork - the nomination certificate was inadvertently omitted in the document submission. It is important to note here that my existing WP expired before the results of extension WP was received, thus I went into implied status while waiting for the results.

Suffice to say a negative result for the WP extension - I was out-of-status. Included in the rejection of the WP application was a letter informing I was out-of-status - wherein instructions were included to apply for restoration within 90days or if I had no intention - exit the country immediately. The exact wording in my letter is:

"You are a person in Canada without temporary resident status and if you do not intend to apply for restoration you must leave Canada immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken against you."

scylla is on point here - the language in the letter is PC - it does not use the term "illegal".

It took me a multiple calls to CIC agents, a half-a-dozen trips to the local MP office, to the local provincial immigration office, and multiple sessions with immigration consultant-laywers of the company who I worked for - to drill in the reality - I had no status. Even with submitting a restoration applicaton - I still had no status - and I cannot submit my PR application. And I cannot work.

So tough it out I did - my nomination certificate was valid for at least a year, so I figured I still can afford to wait for restoration. And as canuck_in_uk mentioned - a restoration is quite lengthly - it took me around 12-14weeks at that time. It maybe faster now.

While I was allowed to stay in the country pending the results of my restoration application - I needed to bootstrap and support myself. A restoration application is not as simple as it sounds - the restoration application needs to be resolved first (you have to be found not to be in violation of the terms of the original permit and thus eligible for restoration), then the next is the application for either a change in status (i.e changing from student/worker to visitor), or same status (an application for a WP or SP) is resolved.

And as Ponga stated - whether the status that expired is as a worker, student, or visitor - the rules and process for restoration is the same.

.../all the best to you...
Well explained. Processing time on Restoration period would reduce to 45 days, if a person solves the workpermit or other related issues. If a province provides Supporting letter to reinstall status. That does help a lot. I never said you can work but can stay within 90days.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Ponga said:
"Hey I problem with one person posts."

WTF does that even mean?! LOL!

It's not the insults that are so dangerous, it's the blatant lies about your [lack of] knowledge regarding how dangerous it is for a person to have NO STATUS after their status has expired...whether in the 90 day `window', or not. Anyone that takes your advice runs a very real risk of being removed from Canada.

Is your ego really that much more important than the life of someone that makes a tragic mistake, because you `think' you're right about this issue?

Seriously?!
Seriously that window does matter. My knowledge base completely upto date till today. Tragic maistake of staying in canda within 90 days. You can't be serious. yeah if you land up in trouble with LAW then TRAGIC MISTAKE within 90days. For the record, I don't just post. Physically visit immigration office and Lawyers.As if I care about Vip status in this forum.

"Hey I problem with one person posts." which meant about CANUCK post. Simple english, I hope you read before posting.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharth_pharma84 said:
Well explained. Processing time on Restoration period would reduce to 45 days, if a person solves the workpermit or other related issues. If a province provides Supporting letter to reinstall status. That does help a lot. I never said you can work but can stay within 90days.
No, No, NO!!

ragluf posted this:
You are out-of-status, but permitted to stay in the country and apply for restoration to regain status within the grace period of 90days.

If a person does not apply for ROS, on the first day that their status is lost, they do NOT have permission to `stay' in Canada!

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Ponga said:
No, No, NO!!

ragluf posted this:
You are out-of-status, but permitted to stay in the country and apply for restoration to regain status within the grace period of 90days.

If a person does not apply for ROS, on the first day that their status is lost, they do NOT have permission to `stay' in Canada!
So why does CIC give 90days grace period ??. I believe to restore status as worker or any or leave Canada. Options are opened to Individual Concerned. Update your knowledge base or Visit Province Immigration office.
Last post about this topic. Carry on Your big ego hats of VIP Member.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:
No, No, NO!!

ragluf posted this:

It's like banging your head against a wall but more painful lol.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
My restoration status application and new work permit was processed within 1month and 2 days. I still stand by my words. :D . CANUCCK_IN_UK start learning and update your information and old knowledge base ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Again these information being shared by real applicant rather then a couch potato or just a blogger.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
siddharth_pharma84 said:
My restoration status application and new work permit was processed within 1month and 2 days. I still stand by my words. :D . CANUCCK_IN_UK start learning and update your information and old knowledge base ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Again these information being shared by real applicant rather then a couch potato or just a blogger.
Lol, that doesn't prove me wrong at all. Your post just continues to highlight your minimal knowledge.

As you were approved for Restoration, your status was retroactively legalized.

Those who do not apply and get approved for Restoration are illegal from the day their status expires. End of.