+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected person PR application Quebec

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
Yes I got my COPr and PR card in January after that my dependant file is still in process and Ankara office is taking care of that due to this long process I guess they need to do the medical again there medical was done in February 2023 which I think is valid for 1 year only.
Are you from Turkey? And can you please shre your PR timeline?

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Are you from Turkey? And can you please shre your PR timeline?
No my family live there.
My timeline is

PR submitted : 5 July 2021
Document received confirmation : 28 August 2021
Another email sent on 22 July 2022 : informing that your spouse and child file are in pilot program and soon they will received required document request
29 July 2022: spouse received email asking for all generic application IMM008, Addional family information, marriage certificate child certificate , police certificate and passport copy.
2 February 2023: I primary applicant received pre arrival letter and my spouse received medical and biometric in same date.
After that there is no news I approach immigration many time and meet my MP several time then immigration told me that everything is complete the delay is bcoz of Quebec
25 October Provice change Quebec to Onterio
2 January 2024: 1st portal
8 January 2024: 2nd portal
17 January 2024: eCOPR
13 March 2024 : PR Card

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Yes I got my COPr and PR card in January after that my dependant file is still in process and Ankara office is taking care of that due to this long process I guess they need to do the medical again there medical was done in February 2023 which I think is valid for 1 year only.
Hey laila did ircc requested you csq for your dependents they are demanding csq for me and my dependents I received eligibility 4 days ago but I don’t want to live in quebec should i submit them csq then moge or should i not submit them please tell

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hey laila did ircc requested you csq for your dependents they are demanding csq for me and my dependents I received eligibility 4 days ago but I don’t want to live in quebec should i submit them csq then moge or should i not submit them please tell
That’s a very complicated situation because at this stage of you tell them you are moving so first you need to update the new address then your file move to that province and for the CSQ I heard it’s taking 2 to 3 months right now so I think it’s better apply the CSQ for your dependants.
I don’t know how close your file is even if you request for change of province it take time.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
That’s a very complicated situation because at this stage of you tell them you are moving so first you need to update the new address then your file move to that province and for the CSQ I heard it’s taking 2 to 3 months right now so I think it’s better apply the CSQ for your dependants.
I don’t know how close your file is even if you request for change of province it take time.
I asked ircc about it they are saying if you no longer want to live quebec you should not apply for csq for your dependents you should move first and then request the office through webform to process your case as a non quebec resident

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Did you also submitted csq for you and your dependents before moving to ontario ?

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
I asked ircc about it they are saying if you no longer want to live quebec you should not apply for csq for your dependents you should move first and then request the office through webform to process your case as a non quebec resident
Yes that’s the process is I advised you to sent the webform and login cic and change the address from there as well usually that is super fast.

Reactions: himankkohli6

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Your case is exactly like mine i also applied for it within 2 months of pr did you submitted ircc your csq or not on your own ?
I just write my CSQ number on the PR document when I apply for PR after that no need.
My case take too long it was from August 2021 got PR in Jan 2024 still there is no news on Dependent file it’s been 36months already.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
I just write my CSQ number on the PR document when I apply for PR after that no need.
My case take too long it was from August 2021 got PR in Jan 2024 still there is no news on Dependent file it’s been 36months already.
You should try for tourist visa for your family i think

Sophigee

Apr 3, 2023
In October 2023 I moved from Quebec to Onterio and informed immigration to move my file as well in January 2024 I got my PR now waiting for another quest which is dependent file it’s still in process and the current processing time is 51 months now.
hi how did you inform them? You called or you just updated your address via web form?