+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof to intend to move to canada

elevid

May 18, 2012
Hello,

CIC wrote to my husband (the sponsor) that he met the requirements to be considered a valid sponsor and that they sent our file to the Canadian Embassy in Rome (we are italians and we live in Italy).

Two weeks ago the Embassy wrote me an email in which they ask the police certificates from the countries I have lived for more than 6 months AND this:

It is noted that sponsors current employment contract began in February 2013 and is a 3 year contract. Please advise your intentions with respect to your current employment commitments and your return to Canada

when we submitted the application we attached 3 letters of my husband's relatives living in the area of Ottawa in which they confirmed our intention to move there as family, they confirmed we went to visit them and take all the information about living there (schools, houses...). My husband wrote a letter in which he put the list of all the meeting he had for some jobs and of course his intentions to move there once we'll get the PR...

Now it seems that they want more proof because he attached the last contract.

We are thinking to reply that he is ready to open a bank account in Canada and put the salary there, or also that he is free to leave the job he currently has abroad before the end of the 3 year contract and open a private business with some italian company.

From his CV they surely note that he always worked as a freelance consultant, especially in the Middle East: when the situation allowed to live all together we stayed together, while other times it was impossible, like the current one ( he is working in Iraq, and I live in Italy with our 2 daughters).....

I would like to know if this situation could be similar to someone else's situation, and what would you suggest about the reply of their request?

Thank you so much for your help.

TheGerman

Aug 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume they require your husband to get a letter form his employer stating that he can actually end his contract at any time even though it is dated for 3 years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Like any other contract, an employment contract is a legal document. As said above, he should get an employer letter stating that he is allowed to break the contract without penalty or even better, an employer letter stating that they know he intends to move to Canada and is allowed to break the contract without penalty when he does.